• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone withdrawal - day 2 ugh

Sasha88

Bluelighter
Hi all,

im new here. Im currently on day 2 of oxycodone wthdrawl. I tend to take 4-6 20 mg a day for 2-3 weeks and then I run out of my script. I just can't make them last.
I have all the tools I need (im not new to this as I run out of my script early every month)... stomach meds, muscle relaxers, clonazapam... But man do I feel awful.

anyone have any other tricks? Any help is appreciated. I'd be so grateful.

blah
Sasha88

I suggest posting this in Recovery Support.
I suggest the following medicines:
- Gabapentin 600 mg 3 x daily for 2 days, drop to 300 mg 3 x daily for 2 days, drop to 300 mg 2 x daily for one day, then stop.
- Low-dose benzo for 2 to 3 days tops.
- Loperamide 15 to 25 mg first 2 days, drop to 10 to 15 mg third day, drop to 5 to 10 mg fourth day.
- Hot showers - anytime, any day.

I have been thru the pain of opiate withdrawals, so I hope I help some what.
Best of luck to you!

Kratom !!!!! It may be at your local smoke shop.

Lopermide+stool softeners + laxative

I got a benzo habbit by fuckin with them on heroin WD

Clonodine. .1mg, two times per day. Some people have more success with it than others. If using it, don't operate machinery without lowering the dosage. Drink lots of water....preferably alkaline water in bottles.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all your pets. It makes me feel not so alone.
I have to be careful cause I'm in a pain clinic so I can't fail a drug test. And they do the major expensive test...
I failed 2 months ago and I swear I did nothing but legally prescribed codeine cough syrup. These new DEA rules are really screwing me. I was dropped in two months from (I realize this is an obscene amount) 180/ 20 mg oxycodone pills a month dropped to 130... And now she wants to drop me to 15 mg. these new laws don't account for chronic pain patients that have no back up for their pain cause nothing else works... again not that I take my pillz responsibly.

ANYWAY- I'm on legally prescribed clonazapam, muscle relaxers, occasional
benedril, vitamins... I don't have a script for clonidine.not sure how I'd get that. I'll have to look up what it's used for and if I can get a doc to script it.

thanks everyone!!!!

addition to my withdrawal day 2 from oxycodone

Hi guys- one more thing. Sorry im
not individually posting to you all... I haven't figured that out yet, so bear with me.

One thing I firgot to mention (thanks Mike.Vick- I can't figure out how to "tag" u yet so I hope u see this.
you said to take stomach meds - loperamide as well as stool sofeners and laxatives. I've never considered the other two. Can you tell me why and what the dosing is so I don't sh!! myself at work? lol

I got Bali maximum strength krono. I took about 5 grams... On a post here (I think) it says 7-9 for w/d. I just have to make it two weeks til my next script fill.i seem to feel it which is a wonderful relief. Thank u

ive read this board pretty extensively and I can't find a definite time that this sunstance and its metabolites will be out of my system in a week or so. Any new news on that?

Also Bluesteyes - what is that drug used for? Is it a blood pressure med? I'll have to research it. I have to be careful cause of my drug tests at the pain clinic.

wOw0mg- thank u for that. I may have those drugs here. Just have to check and see if neurontin will pop on a screen. If im
not in recovery, just a dummy who can't keep to their daily dose, should I really post on the recovery board?

The the worst part of this is I'm not in a place to quit yet and I do actually need these drugs. I just can't take as prescribed...well sometimes I get close. Your advice is super helpful.

Last edited:
Clonodine. .1mg, two times per day. Some people have more success with it than others. If using it, don't operate machinery without lowering the dosage. Drink lots of water....preferably alkaline water in bottles.
Thanks for your response! I just figured out how to use the quotes. I responded to u above. Thank you for thoughts!

- Gabapentin 600 mg 3 x daily for 2 days, drop to 300 mg 3 x daily for 2 days, drop to 300 mg 2 x daily for one day, then stop.
- Loperamide 15 to 25 mg first 2 days, drop to 10 to 15 mg third day, drop to 5 to 10 mg fourth day.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks for your response! I just figured out how to use the quotes. I responded to u in another post in this chain. Thank you for your support!

Kratom !!!!! It may be at your local smoke shop.

Lopermide+stool softeners + laxative

I got a benzo habbit by fuckin with them on heroin WD

Thanks for your response! I just figured out how to use the quotes. I responded to u in this chain. Kratom is super helpful!!!Thank you for your support!

It can be a bit time consuming, but I've found making poppy seed (or better yet, poppy pods if you can get them) tea to really help with my withdrawals. It's just sometimes the only thing that's available... And at least all the grocery stores will always have poppy seeds. I've used pholcodine to help take some of that horrible withdrawal headache and coughing away before. So my go-tos for WD emergency, in the case of not having access to even any codeine or similar, is:

Diazepam (I sometimes use alprazolam too, as the alprazolam is so much faster and stronger, then the diazepam can keep holding it steady for a longer time and the experience is less 'up and down')

Loperamide

Pholcodine (generic chemist Dry Tickly Cough syrup, or Benadryl. But some have DXM other compounds that may be wanted at other times, but won't help in this case, so check the ingredients)

Poppy seeds

Doxylamine (sometimes it can be so hard to sleep, even with the benzos. I find other OTC sleeping pills like Phenergan to have very little sedation, and add greatly to the restless legs and twitches)

Chamomile and spearmint green tea (no it won't do anything, really, haha, it's just very soothing and comforting to me)

Best of luck to you!

Welcome to Bluelight. Use the search engine for more help, but this is pretty a good place to start. There is an opiate mega thread on here somewhere.

Welcome to Bluelight. Use the search engine for more help, but this is pretty a good place to start. There is an opiate mega thread on here somewhere.

i have been clean for a little while now, not sure if you're directing this to me, but I am an active poster in Recovery Support. :)

i have been clean for a little while now, not sure if you're directing this to me, but I am an active poster in Recovery Support. :)

Hi! Yeah it was directed at you. Congrats on being clean! That's really wonderful. I'm slowly (albeit very slowly) trying to get myself there too.

can I check out the board even if I'm not in recovery?

It can be a bit time consuming, but I've found making poppy seed (or better yet, poppy pods if you can get them) tea to really help with my withdrawals. It's just sometimes the only thing that's available... And at least all the grocery stores will always have poppy seeds. I've used pholcodine to help take some of that horrible withdrawal headache and coughing away before. So my go-tos for WD emergency, in the case of not having access to even any codeine or similar, is:

Diazepam (I sometimes use alprazolam too, as the alprazolam is so much faster and stronger, then the diazepam can keep holding it steady for a longer time and the experience is less 'up and down')

Loperamide

Pholcodine (generic chemist Dry Tickly Cough syrup, or Benadryl. But some have DXM other compounds that may be wanted at other times, but won't help in this case, so check the ingredients)

Poppy seeds

Doxylamine (sometimes it can be so hard to sleep, even with the benzos. I find other OTC sleeping pills like Phenergan to have very little sedation, and add greatly to the restless legs and twitches)

Chamomile and spearmint green tea (no it won't do anything, really, haha, it's just very soothing and comforting to me)

thanks Ticket! I use most of those ingredients too and it helps so much. My dos is tizanadine and clonazapam... But I have scripts so
its easy.
Plus Kratom. That stuff is great. I just found it today. I also find Epsom salt baths to be really nice too. I tried to get poppy pods but no luck. Plus im in a pain program and can't risk triggering a positive. I hope that what I hear about Kratom not being detectable in ursine after a week is true!
Thanks again!!!

thanks Ticket! I use most of those ingredients too and it helps so much. My dos is tizanadine and clonazapam... But I have scripts so
its easy.
Plus Kratom. That stuff is great. I just found it today. I also find Epsom salt baths to be really nice too. I tried to get poppy pods but no luck. Plus im in a pain program and can't risk triggering a positive. I hope that what I hear about Kratom not being detectable in ursine after a week is true!
Thanks again!!!

I'm fairly sure that Kratom doesn't come up in urine tests, as it's not a 'real' opiate and the tests performed are testing for certain metabolites... It's not exactly an accurate way to test, to be honest, but it's kind of the best they can do without it being prohibitively expensive and/or overly intrusive. For instance, my ADHD meds cause me to test positive for amphetamines, and I'm on a registered database that can be accessed by LEO if I'm pulled over and drug tested by police... But, there have of course been times that I didn't take my meds for a couple of days, but *did* indulge in other substances, haha. I tested positive, but was let off because it's documented that my daily medication would cause that... So they're obviously not testing for primary drug use, but finding (likely) secondary metabolites, which many drugs would share at some point.

I have scripts for diazepam and alprazolam personally, so it's not a big to me to use them in those emergency times. But other benzos will obviously work if that's what you've got. My main surprising revelation was that using loperamide in conjunction with pholcodine (initially used just to combat the gastrointestinal upset and horrible coughing) actually had an impact on some of the other shitty WD symptoms. I didn't even consider that they would, being 'inactive' opioids in the way we generally think of them... But maybe just having *something* binding to those receptors helped dull the pain somewhat, along with the aforementioned GI and antitussive effects. It's not huge, but it's something, y'know?

Poppy seeds will do the job, rough and ready, but will definitely trigger a positive result for opiates if you're tested... As it's not 'helping minimise the affects of WD' but actually just giving you small amounts of morphine. Your mileage may vary, but I've found them extremely helpful in dire situations. And yes, definitely - Hot showers, hot, calming (caffeine free) tea, a healthy meal (or as much as you can), some routine and a recreational goal or aim that will make you feel good, but not cause emotional or practical problems if you can't complete it... All very useful tactics. I've felt like ending it all before because it felt as though I'd never be free of this demon, that I never meant to dance with, and sometimes just taking some of the worst effects away and giving myself something joyful to work towards, without beating myself up if I couldn't do it right then... Has saved my sanity and my life.

Hug a chicken, plant a seed, take a shower, change your clothes, take the rubbish out, order a pizza, edit a nice photo, download a movie you've been thinking about watching, sing a half remembered song to yourself, clean your glasses, have a shave, make your bed, turn the light out before you go to sleep, fill a bottle of water and keep it on your bedside table son you can actually stay hydrated when you can't get yourself out of bed... Man, every little thing is a win in those times and it all helps, even if it feels impossible at the time.

Plus Kratom. That stuff is great. I just found it today.
Yeah, kratom is a miracle for opiate withdrawal, and it is not tested for.
Clonidine is a blood-pressure med that is given during drug detox because it treats many of the symptoms by lowering your NE, norepinephrine, release.

Not sure I recommend kratom..seems many people use kratom successfully go get off harder opiates but just continue to use kratom and they have a newer, yet lighter addiction..

You have roughly same oxy habit as me, loperamide and low dose benzos are plenty..hot baths, try to exercise if possible, heating pad for achy legs/muscles..first 5-6 days will be tough but then u might have a few weeks of lethargy and depression..get some clean friends and healthy hobbies!!!this is so important and I didn't do this and just fell into the same addictive cycle..u truly have to change your entire life around.