• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Carfentanil | The Drug 100,000x More Powerful Than Morphine

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
We all probably thought Fentanyl was the most powerful opiate as it's 100x stronger than Morphine.
But, we were all way wrong.

I recently heard about Carfentanil, the drug 100,000x more powerful than Morphine. It's so powerful that pain relief in humans starts to happen with only a little less than one microgram.
It is only used on large animals, such as elephants.
But, the drug is NEVER used on humans, except it is very speculated it was used in the 2002 Moscow Theater Hostage Crisis.
This is when the Russian government used a chemical agent on everyone in the theater, including all 850 hostages and 50 Chechen militants.
125 out of the 900 people in the Theater died from the chemical attack which was meant to subdue the Chechens.
They all died of respiratory failure.
Later it was found out Carfentanil was in the urine and on the clothing of survivors.
All these deaths could have been prevented if opioid antidotes were brought to the scene.
The Russian Government still denies they used this substance to this day.

Then there's the drug Sufentanil, which is 1,000x stronger than Morphine, or 10x stronger than Fentanyl.
This drug is used on humans, but is only available in Europe, most commonly Denmark.
Hopefully this drug does not start becoming laced in pills over there, because one would probably have the potential to kill you.

Apologies if I put this in the wrong thread, I just thought it was interesting.
Cheers.

Even if Narcan was brought to the scene it wouldn't have saved anyone. I guess your knowledge on how that works in potent opiates like Fentanyl is limited. And your say it's 10x stronger than Fentanyl? Not a chance they would have been saved.

I'm not quite sure what you wanted to achive with this thread ? I'll leave it open for today..

Even if Narcan was brought to the scene it wouldn't have saved anyone. I guess your knowledge on how that works in potent opiates like Fentanyl is limited. And your say it's 10x stronger than Fentanyl? Not a chance they would have been saved.

While Naloxone is considerably less effective against super-potent opioids, its binding affinity is still high enough for it to remain the antidote of choice in humans - you just need a pretty massive dose. Remember that they didn't set out to kill the hostages, so the amount of Carfentanil used was approximately enough to rapidly sedate a person (we're talking low microgram range here), but not kill them. Sure, the Naloxone will have a harder time out-competing something like that at the receptors, but with a high enough dose to stabilize them and get them to a hospital, it would probably have been doable.

For animals, they use a much more powerful antidote called Diprenorphine (can't really hook up a wild bull elephant to a Naloxone IV drip to deliver the amount necessary for a 6-ton-animal) - problem is that Diprenorphine has some Kappa opioid agonism, so it is too risky to use in humans.

While Naloxone is considerably less effective against super-potent opioids, its binding affinity is still high enough for it to remain the antidote of choice in humans - you just need a pretty massive dose. Remember that they didn't set out to kill the hostages, so the amount of Carfentanil used was approximately enough to rapidly sedate a person (we're talking low microgram range here), but not kill them. Sure, the Naloxone will have a harder time out-competing something like that at the receptors, but with a high enough dose to stabilize them and get them to a hospital, it would probably have been doable.

For animals, they use a much more powerful antidote called Diprenorphine (can't really hook up a wild bull elephant to a Naloxone IV drip to deliver the amount necessary for a 6-ton-animal) - problem is that Diprenorphine has some Kappa opioid agonism, so it is too risky to use in humans.

Interesting information about that Diprenorphine drug never heard of it going to definitely read about it thanks ��

This isn't news... This is a large animal tranquilizer. Not meant for human use. Posting about it will kill someone if they can get their hands on it.

Edit: sufentinal (possibly an analog methyl sufentinal or 3-methyl fentanyl) is going around as China white stateside now.... It's dangerous

Alright, I'm going to close this thread for now as it's not really OD material
@OP, if you want me to re-open it or have a question feel free to PM me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.