• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth and Heart Damage

IceCat

Greenlighter
I'm really new to this forum, so if this is in the wrong place, please let me know. I'm going to start off by saying I have this friend of 17 who went on kind of a meth binge.. Was using for 3/4 days for about 3 weeks and on the third week they were just sitting and enjoying themselves when they felt two very strong flip flop/thump feelings in their heart and got a shock feeling that is similar to the one you get when someone scares you, and they lost their breath momentarily. My friend was scared and tried hard to calm themselves by regulating breathing and focusing. They felt like their heart had stopped briefly. After that first episode they spent the next 14 hours with a very odd feeling heartbeat, very mild pangs of pain/burning and that occasional flip flop feeling that sent that shock. For about 6 of those hours the only way they felt normal was to clench their chest and stomach muscles, that seemed to relieve most of the symptoms, but the moment they relaxed they felt uncomfortable again. After many hours of shifting levels of anxiety they finally got to sleep, when they woke up in the morning they felt fine and were very glad of this. One day goes by and suddenly they get a small twinge of the flip feeling, and for the remainder of that day they have small episodes, much milder. This continues for 4 days, then stops for another day. Again it comes back, this time with more force and a bad episode occurs, but lasts only 2 hours or so, and the episodes have been occurring since then (3 days). My friend is beginning to think that their heart could take no more and that they possibly caused some kind of lasting damage. This is very worrying and my friend has vowed to stay off the shit until some conclusion or diagnosis is reached. My friend also smoked a lot of pot, and went through 6g in the last 3 days and did notice the symptoms more when stoned, but was too stoned to be afraid of it seeing as weed amplifies small sensations anyway. Oh I should also mention my friend has had a history of un-diagnosed heart issues, nothing serious just an inability it seems to build cardiovascular endurance.. Their heart beat will pass 150 in only a couple minutes of exercise, or even by the time they reach the top of the stairs. Although on a different note, meth seemed to fix this issue for a while, their heart beat lowering significantly until they took a long 4 month break, after that meth never seemed to deliver that effect post comedown again. So that is all I have to say, and I'm more than willing to answer questions if anyone has any. Thanks for reading : )

Hello, welcome to bluelight. We don't use "swim", "my cat", "my friend" ect. It won't help to not incriminate yourself, so just talk about yourself in first person, or whatever it is lol.
If you already have heart issues, I would highly suggest refraining from meth, coke, or other amphetamines! They will only exacerbate the problem. If you continue to notice these abnormal heart issues, I would make an appointment with a cardiologist, and get it checked out. Cardio problems are nothing to play around with, and should not be taken lightly. If you have some sort of heart issue, early detection will be your saving grace.
Best of luck bud!

- SS373dOH Soul

If the speed is out of their system, they can go to the ER. They will check the symptoms immediately. You and your friend go at different times or different hospitals. For your information, doing meth for multiple days could kill you. Ever hear of sudden death, that they say about ADHD drugs? And your smoking meth( you didn't mention how much) can kill you instantly. Take your ass to the ER when your clean and play stupid. Maybe you were excercizing to hard an the symptoms started. They still may figure you out, but at least you won't have a heart attack. Have fun. Harm reduction all the way!