Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

comedowns

jay1234

Bluelighter
hi :)
recently when i have been pilling i have had almost no comedowns apart from the general tired feeling from dancing all night. this has been with beige mx's, 1's, stardust, pink doves, and pink mx's. has this been the same as anyone else with these new pills that have come out?

in the past i used to have bad comedowns and get the depression for a few days after. buddas gave me this pretty bad. i dont know what the deal is ??? anyone ever have similar experiences?

This is a well-documented side-effect of MDMA, and quite often drug use in general. When you take drugs, your brain releases neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine, which make you experience feelings of happiness and energy. You could think of this like a car's engine - the neurotransmitters are the fuel, and drugs are the accelerator. If you go hard on the accelerator for too long, eventually you'll run out of fuel... in our analogy this means you deplete your serotonin levels because you've been amped for so long, and can suffer depression and anxiety as a result.

Search on the terms "terrible tuesdays" around the wider drug literature sources, sometimes this is termed "suicide tuesdays" or "tuesday blues" - it's nothing to do with the particular day of the week, just that many people take pills on a saturday night, and thus are feeling cracked out on sunday and monday and then depressed/ teary/ anxious/ stressed for apparently no reason on tuesday.

BigTrancer :)

ahh i think he was referring to the fact that he isnt having much of a 'come down' these days, whereas a while ago, he did... ?

Yea I'm having Terra Tuesday today (Wednesday). It really sux but I did over do it over the long weekend. I'm considering giving up drugs all together now - it's not the first time I have had this thought when coming down like this.

It as if my brain has imploded :|

I suppose I've been lucky, never had a really bad comedown/depression following pills.

SkiNLaB said:
ahh i think he was referring to the fact that he isnt having much of a 'come down' these days, whereas a while ago, he did... ?

yeh thats what im refering to. could it be because the pills are of a better quality now or somthing?

Maybe you're using more now than you used to, or using more often?

BT i think skinlab's first comment was correct, in that Jay1234 was surprised that his comedowns were not as bad as they used to be, when the experiences of other's on this forum was that comedowns in some form are an occupational hazard. Jay1234 was then asking if the apparant trend of better quality pills of late may be a factor in his lack of comedowns. I am replying to this thread because it tweaked my interest in that I have also been experiencing a lack of, or very mild comedowns of late

Yeah, point taken - serves me right for not reading the orig post carefully.

Maybe the original poster is either just getting used to the comedowns. Maybe now after having taken pills and got experience with MDMA they're seeking out better quality pills, and thus getting less comedowns.

BT :)

BigTrancer said:
... they're seeking out better quality pills, and thus getting less comedowns.

So does this mean better quality pills equals less comedown? I was under the impression that MDMA is MDMA and there is no such thing as 'high quality' MDMA, and that the better pills just have more in them.

This is not as simple an issue as it sounds, I think. My throwaway comment 'better quality pills' was meant to indicate MDMA-based pills in preference to speedbombs.

Personally I find that 'comedowns' are caused by lack of sleep, lack of food, and large quantities of drugs that cause the former two to become persistent and unavoidable side-effects. There are so many variables to consider, like the number of pills someone takes, the active ingredients, their state of health, the amount of sleep and food they have had, how high they want to get, how they approach their drug experience, whether they take their dose over a short period of time or an extended duration, etc.

Considering the anomalous nature of the question, and the huge number of possible causes, I doubt that we'll come up with a nutshell description to answer this poster's question.

Additionally there seems to be a 'honeymoon' period with most drugs, when you start getting used to using them. During this time, the drugs can seem to be all positives and no negatives... however after a longer period of use, the negative side-effects start to become more noticeable. When the comedown outweighs the high, it's time to reassess usage levels.

As far as I'm concerned the only way to minimise comedowns is to approach your pill usage in a more mature fashion - if you ensure you're healthy, take smaller doses with longer breaks between use, don't peak chase, supplement your diet with vitamins and always ensure you have MDMA then you're on the way to helping yourself.

The last possibility I'd consider is that after suffering a few comedowns from MDMA use, maybe it's easier for you to shrug off the effects and just write off the moodswings as being 'normal' side-effects of the drug use.

Last edited:
Firstly BT I hope you didn’t feel I was nit-picking, you reply indicated that was not the case, I was however interested in getting your views so I pushed the point. I hear what you are saying in your last post but I have of late been getting a sense of, the better the pill, the better the comedown.

I agree wholeheartedly that the parameters that dictate the extent of a comedown are extremely wide and diverse. I also believe that you can to a degree be a master of the type of comedown you have by the measures that appear to work, such as pre – post loading.

Maybe it is wishful thinking but as I said previously, the better pill, maybe the better.....

Lately I find that I'm heaps tired and dont really have any comdown, but your right, terrible tuesday do hit me and it affects me a little more during the week, kinda down, depressing feeling.. not overwhelming though! :)

I actually find that if you take care of yourself during the night, lots of water, take breaks, etc - then the comedowns arnt that bad.

if you dont drink enough water, and go hard all night then expect sore joints, dyhdration, and lots of other fuck'ed up feelings :)

Shal..

Just in reply to planet dweller, I'd say not necessarily the better the pill, as some pills are considered better than others because they are strong, but more over the higher quality, the better the come down. Such that a low dose of low quality MDMA may yield a far worse come down than even a high dose of high quality MDMA.

MDMA in its purest form has less intense side effects, and sometimes less side effects altogether. Its the same way that smoking natural tobacco is far far less harmful than smoking cigarettes, purely because of the way they are cured.

Robot Features said:
Yea I'm having Terra Tuesday today (Wednesday). It really sux but I did over do it over the long weekend. I'm considering giving up drugs all together now - it's not the first time I have had this thought when coming down like this.

It as if my brain has imploded :|

Which was stronger for you? The night of fun you had on drugs, or the comedown? did they feel even, or was one a slightly stronger feeling than the other? Because, when your comedown is outweighing the night you had on drugs, that's sending a quiet sign to your brain to lay off for a while, if not all together...
Just keep that in mind, it's good advice that I got off a friend :)

Last edited: