Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

best way to make hash

ysonvs

Bluelighter
hey guys just wondering what the best way would be to extract hash and would it be good to smoke on a come down cause i love smokin on pills

In all honesty it's far easier just to smoke the bud to get high when you're on pills, rather than messing around with hash. But, there are plenty of methods around for making hash - try google.com

BigTrancer :)

yes there is an easy way to make hash and it is very easy!!

--- XHERRUS' HARDCORE HASH EXTRACTION ACTION ---

Materials needed:

1. Slow Cooker (crock pot)
2. Acetone (nail polish remover - you can buy it by the litre at the hardware store)
3. Marijuana stems and crappy leaf
4. (Optional) Meat Grinder

Safety Instructions:

1. DON'T USE PLASTIC EQUIPMENT... the acetone will dissolve it and leave shit in the hash. Use glass jars with GLASS LIDS for storage.
2. BE CAREFUL with the acetone!!! Ventilate your hash-making area so as not to breathe it in. Try not to spill it on anything, especially yourself.
3. Use a slow cooker, and not something that could set the acetone alight like a gas stove. Be careful of other stuff that could set the acetone alight (like cigarettes).

How to do it:

1. Crush or grind up the plant material.
2. Soak in acetone for a few days. The acetone will turn green. Pour it out and store it.
3. Add more acetone to the plant material, and wait a week. Combine it with your first lot of acetone. Dispose of the plant material.
4. Pour all the green acetone into the slow cooker. Set it on low heat in a well-ventilated area (preferably outside) and leave it until the acetone has evaporated. Check it to make sure it does not evaporate too quickly and scorch the residue, but make sure ALL of the acetone evaporates (sniff at it to make sure it has).
5. Scrape as much of the green-brown, sweet-smelling residue off as possible. If there is a whole lot at the bottom of the crock pot that is hard to get out, pour some water in and let it sit for a bit. Then pour most of the water off and continue collecting the paydirt. Smear it on some tinfoil or something to store it.
6. Enjoy.

Note: You can use a lightbulb as a smoking apparatus. Break the top off carefully and if the bulb is frosted, rinse out the white stuff inside with salt and water.

Personally I'm not a fan of using acetone for a solvent as it's difficult to completely remove. Butane produces a better product and quicker, but the procedure can be rather dangerous. Start to finish is usually less than 20 mins, and leaves you with a yellow product which often looks red when held up to the sun.

Bubble hash only uses ice and water together with special micron holed bags. Quality of product is also right up there with this method.

Here are a couple of good threads

Alternative method for extracting THC

icolator

the best way to make hash?

well...firstly invest in a coffee grinder.

when you continualy 'mull-up' with the grinder ...a layer of hash soon develops on the insides of the grinder. yummy :)

after a nice thick layer of hash has formed inside grinder, put in sun and peal hash off with finger nail.

collect on plate.

presto.... some fuckin awesome hash that's guaranteed to lift those pills :)

it works every time for me :)

I just don't understand why people would use acetone when it's so simple to use water extraction or other simple and crude methods to gather the resin with more than comparable results. Then you just have to press it!

--- G.

Bubble bags....

As stated above, bubble hash is the way to go. Its quick and easy to do and no harsh chemicals are involved in the process.

:)

so how do you do that bubble hash process thing and how much do you need???

Okay....the hash oil techniques given so far are crap.....Here is a recipe fro honey hash oil that is simple to make but needs a lot of patience.

1. Get a shitload of trimmings (eg, tip leaves, shade leaves, crappy little kiff buds, etc)

2. Put your trimmings in a large pot

3. Get a bottle of 100% ethanol (Metho works just as well)

4. Soak the trimmings evenly with the ethanol and let it sit for about 15 minutes

5. Once you have let it sit, pour boiling water in the pot (fill er up) and boil for about 4-5 hours...(the longer you cook it, the more chlorophyl and other nasties that get killed off)

6. Once you have let it boil for this long, strain out all the trimmings, get all the juices outta them into the pot..and boil longer

7. When the pot gets very shallow, put on simmer and stir until the oil is the same consistency as thick caramel.

8. While on the simmer, put two teaspoons of sugar to neutralise the acids (So it can be smokable, otherwise it only absorbs in mouth and throat, not in lungs)

and that's it....it'll take about 9-12 hours to make..but the more boiling, the more impurities you kill off..

The end product should be a dark oil that when spread evenly, should have the same colour as honey...oil with green in it means it still has too much chlorophyl, so it is shit in other words...

And that's it.....This is the best way to make hash oil in my books, and I find the quality rivals most extractor made oils.

There is also a way to turn the honey hash oil into pure cannabis essence...but I will not go into it as it needs a lot of prep and the product is too potent for most ppl.

I forgot to mention..once made into that lush caramel thick oil, the best way to store it in my opininion is to let it dry off on a sheet of wax paper...I find when it sets on the wax paper..it turns sorta like plastic film, and you can peel it off and pick it with your hands without much staining....well, enjoy...and I do have to say, this shit with pills or any amphetamine is great. But drinking is a no-no..Last time I drank with this shit, I got hell drunk on 3 beers...and usually 3 beers only gets me slightly tipsy.

phase_dancer said:
Personally I'm not a fan of using acetone for a solvent as it's difficult to completely remove. Butane produces a better product and quicker, but the procedure can be rather dangerous. Start to finish is usually less than 20 mins, and leaves you with a yellow product which often looks red when held up to the sun.

I used to be a fan of the butane method, but with one extra step. After the extraction, add a bit of alcohol (ethyl alcohol or in a pinch use methylated spirits) to the oil, and let it stand. Once the alcohol has partially evaporated to the point where oil is falling out of solution and settling on the bottom of the jar, a white milky layer seems to form on top, which I assume is some kind of vegetative wax. Carefully siphoning off that layer and discarding it seems to make the oil a bit smoother to smoke, and also improves the colour a lot ;) Then just fan dry the mixture until you can't smell alcohol any more.

This also seems to release a few of the tiny bubbles of butane that can get trapped in the oil.

In the interests of Harm Reduction, please do not boil off any inflammable organic solvents using a naked flame heat source. This pretty much stands to reason for most people, but there have been nasty explosions and fires from simple oversights like this. Don't even use plastic vessels or experiment conditions that may have a chance of static electricity buildup.

BigTrancer :)

The reason why i believe in using acetate to make hash is because THC acetate has twice the potency of THC. On the adams scale THC = 7.3 while its acetate = 14.6. Furthermore, there is a 25% increase in weight after adding the acetate structure. The effect of the acetate is more spiritural and psychedelic than that of the ordinary product. The most unique property of this material is that there is a delay of about 30 minutes before its effects are felt.

As much as ive smoked hash etc etc....Why dont u guys just smoke the bud the shit comes from?

Much easier on all fronts!

And ultimatly will give you the same result!

if you clicked on my homepage on the left, you might find bit of information or links to more information.

Urbanhog %)

somagod wrote:
The reason why i believe in using acetate to make hash is because THC acetate has twice the potency of THC. On the adams scale THC = 7.3 while its acetate = 14.6.

You will not make THC acetate by boiling pot with acetone. You would if you instead used acetic anhydride, but that is a schedule 1 chem is Aus. The procedure is also very dangerous

But what would you want to make it for? It's claimed high potency is a myth. If you're after something really potent check out 1,2 dimethyl-heptyl THC. It has a reported potency of ~500x that of regular THC.

From Chief Bee Rhodium

THC Acetate

Yes, it is real, and it will probably have effects differing from normal THC. However, contrary to popular belief , its potency is 0.5x that of THC and not 2x as stated in D. Gold's book.

oLd_ScHoOl_RoCkEr said:
As much as ive smoked hash etc etc....Why dont u guys just smoke the bud the shit comes from?

Much easier on all fronts!

And ultimatly will give you the same result!

Well from my years of smoking, I recall smoking hash gave a totally different feel to smoking bud. Smoking bud would give you a head stone whereas smoking hash made your whole body feel stoned. I think they are 2 different feelings for sure. Not saying one is better than the other, just that they are a different stoned.