Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Subtle smooth roll? or Of ya face peak?

hungry_lotus

Bluelighter
in recent posts i have heard people refer to a differance between a "smooth, clean and subtle" mdma experience (e.g given by recent white hearts) and then a more "off your face peak" as given by other pills.
my question is what is the differance? which do you prefer?
and if a clean mdma roll is subtle, why do you consider it better?
thanks for your help!

I certainly prefer the "off ya face" experience.
There have been times when i have been out and struggle to remember parts of the nite before, but still remember having an awesome time the whole nite.
Thats the kind of pills i like.

In my opinion, which obviously is subjective - i prefer the smooth. althought its very difficult in the heat of the moment to resist to go to the full hog.

recently i have found that the quality has been good, and the more intense the peak, the harsher the consquences the next day are.

but ive got a question as well - how does the "smooth" vs "off your face" apply inrelation to MDxx content or the release of it. ie if you (being your body) ingested 80mg within a shorter period of time as opposed to over a longer period, im assuming that would be the difference between and intense peak vs a smooth long one.

I prefer to quietly roll the night away. I'd rather take my pills in 1/2s or 1/4s every 1-2 hours or so and have a pleasant, subtle experience which lasts longer and isn't quite so debilitating :)

Going slow allows me to open up socially and enjoy the effects of MDMA on my interactions with others in a controlable and far more personalised manner than rolling face... IMHO, when people are mashed as all fuck they lose their character and become extatic balls of love, hugs and massages. Nothing wrong with that, each to their own and all... But I perfer MDMA to be an additive/compliment to my night and interactions with friends and fellow party goers, not a controlling force.

There was a thread along similar lines to this which BT posted quite some time ago that might interest you - Loved Up vs. Fucked Up

:)

I'd have to say for the first couple of years of my MDMA usage I definately preferred the 'fucked up' state. But time does change, since my tolerance has grown, and the magic has worn thin, I much prefer the more subtle clean peak.

A pure MDMA experience reveals the true nature of the drug in its most subtle ways. Purer forms just don't fuck you up so harshly, you feel much 'straighter'. You're able to do anything you feel like, you don't get the legless 'I'm too fucked to dance' feeling, nor do you get restless. The empathetic and love-enhancing qualities are much more noticably present rather than the forgetful off-chops lostness :)
Because of the subtlety it can often be said that purer forms don't hit you on the come on, but creep up on you, and hence you often can't be sure when you've actually come down.

The peak is longer and the side-effects are reduced. No extreme bruxism, no trouble sleeping, no head-aches, and generally a reduced level of emotional difficulty in the follow-up week.

Basically, the better the quality, the better the experience altogether. But, that said, because MDMA is such a subtle experience, its often hard for first-timers to get into it. If you focus your attention on how your body is 'feeling' or keep asking yourself 'is it doing anything?' then you'll find it hard to notice it - thats how subtle it is. You have to set about doing something and enjoying it, and soon you'll be engulfed in the peak. Thats why newcomers usually prefer the 'fucked up' state, its easy, and it does it all for you :)

It's kinda like asking "do you prefer a couple of drinks and being socially chatty, or do you prefer to get legless drunk?" -- it all depends on the occasion, and the mood at the time. You can easily have as much fun for an evening with half a pill and some friends, compared to destroying yourself for days after by taking a much higher dose.

BigTrancer :)

I've always strived for the "OFF CHOPS !!" state. You know the one- where all you can do is just lay there moaning & saying how off chops you are that bliss you feel.

This thread has now shed some light on my drug taking experience & got me thinking.

With the "OFF CHOPS !!" state then comes the part just after where the initial peak has worn off n all you wanna do is get back up there... So you eat another & when that one slightly wears off... you eat another and so on & so on untill you have eaten way too many.

This thread has really got me thinking...... Do I really wanna be "OFF CHOPS !!" & in a state where i'm not really suitable for public vision????
I think when I decide to do pills next, that I will take in smaller doses (eg.. 1/2's) and then I am more suitable for public eye ! Can relate with people better & am generally just in higher & happier state of mind.

Thanks once again B.L ppl for helping curve my drug taking to a different level. This one which will especially reduce my brain & wallet damage. =D

I've decided that while I enjoy being "off chops", I will only be doing this at private parties or more intimate clubs. Large events have been ruined for me by being to "off chops" to enjoy dancing and listening to the music I paid so much to hear. It's frustrating not being able to do what you really want to do coz you're just too fucked. Being fucked can be fun, however time and place must be taken into account..........

At big events in the future I think I'll be just taking 1/2 then 1/2 later. Seems like a better way to go......for me at least.

i like off chops. if you're gonna do something, do it well i say!

Call me crazy, but the times ive had md powder everything just felt totally perfect. Anything that I did or thought was just fun and awesome. Now I'd rather that than being off my face any day of the week!

--> To smokin' joe

Regarding your post ... i totally, 110% agree. :)

-=phunkee=-

Personally, I like the MD experience for the complete "off your chops" part and this is of course greatly helped by some MDA content of the pill. Its either that, or a VERY generous dose of clean MDMA to truly satisfy me and put me at the absolute high loving everything 100% and not 99%. I find when taking a moderate dose of clean MDMA, its just not enough for me to justify it....its feels like its sort of there but is not... and believe me, I know my MDMA and I know that if i've taken twice as much, it'd be as subtle as breeze of air, but as overwhelming and 100% satisfying as a full on MDA/MDMA "off the chops" peak.

In my personal opinion, in terms of the experience, I would much rather prefer a smoke of some very clean meth to a moderate dose of MDMA. This is of course in terms of the high and not other issues like sleep etc. I find with clean meth (very white crystal rocks) when smoked (and not snorted and eaten), the effect completelly overwhelms you and you are on top of the world within 5 minutes for hours to come without any peripheral effects like increased heart rate or major jaw clenching.

id rather get really off my face than anything.

mainly because theres not much wen it comes to quality drugs here so if u get something, u have it so that u can get the most fucked up off a small amount. for example, if i get a pill, cos i can usually only get one ($$) then i'll cut it in quarters and rail it. that way, i'm basically garaunteed to get munted, even if its only for a short time. and my tolerance is pretty low so its all good. i can get severely fucked off very little!

In any situation, i much prefer the pleasantly potty mellow mdma high, I can talk, i can walk and i can have fun... i really dont like being off chops when im out because i feel completely helpless and i dont have much fun.

I only really like being off chops when im going out of my way to be off chops, which is rarely! I much prefer to be mellowed, chatty and content :)

Andromeda:)

This is why i prefer acid over pills, provided set and setting is right, one trip of reasonable quality feels like one trip and then well your trippin. MDMA is a fickle mistress where the lines between subjective terms like mellow/clean/hed fukky are all inter-changeable with doseage and/or quality, there is no way to tell! With acid be it for good or ill you will learn something about yourself and you can learn by the numbers.... i will teach you. In answer to the thread i agree with apollo going out subtle when involved in some kind of depraved drug fondou off chops but then usually unless it's an ill conceived event one pill will make a tasty addition to the main course.... deep fried acid basted in nitrous sauce, WUNDERBAR!