• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Breathing problems! (benzos)

MollySallyMaryJane

Greenlighter
ok im scripted 0.5mg clonazepam 2x a day, anyways i ran out about 7 days early and i was buying xanax bars to self medicate for those days. my guy ended up running out of bars 2 days before my refill so iv been drinkin in the morning before work for my anxiety. I get my refill today (thank god). and this morning is the first time i'v had to deal with some wd symtoms. i dont know if my dose can cause this or my drinking had affected it in someway but iv been getting the chills/sweats. shortness of breathe, like im not getting enough air, very lightheaded, lack of appetitie.:?

another thing i forgot to mention is that before i got my klonopin i was drinking 5-6 days a week. every week. after i had the klonopin i had never experienced any WD from alcohol. maybe im feeling a little bit of benzo and alcohol wd? im not sure.

Pretty much the Klonopin got you through from possible fatal alcohol withdrawals.

When was the last time you have last taken benzos?

You should be going through benzo withdrawals then.

What kind of doses you have been taking? You might get seizures if you have been taking plenty amounts of Klonopin and Xanax for a while and those can get you killed in the worst place. I would suggest you to go to ER before they hit you.

I have 2 hours till my refill. Just experiencing some mild involuntary twitching in my neck arms and legs. My head feels like a balloon. I'm just out of it

Drinking might temporarily relieve benzo withdrawals for some, but for me it always made them way worse once the alcohol wore off. You have a good chance of risking a seizure this way too. Using something like gabapentin is safer (maybe not as much fun, but safer), and relatively easy to get prescribed.

If anyone if having problems breathing - do the recovery position. If your in a party and worried about police, take them outside, put them in the recovery position, borrow a phone.

2HuIs63.jpg

I did find on the days I drank to cope. Once the alcohol wore off the WD were even worse than normal. I was experiencing some mild hallucination out of the corner of my eye. Sweating/trembling. Headache that Tylenol COULD NOT fix. And overall extremely fatigued.

Dude, I get the same. It is panic. I use to thing I was overdosing on a minusicule opiate dose I was taking and start a negative panic feedback loop.

Seek medical advice or go to a hospital ASAP and tell them what's happening, and all the drug you take and are withdrawing from. Stay safe.

Alcohol and benzo withdrawal are not something to do or attempt on your own.

Last edited:
You are going through benzo withdrawal. The same exact thing happened to me I couldn't breathe thought I was going to die from lack of Oxygen and low and behold it was a panic attack. It. Doesn't necessarily mean you're going through any kind of alcohol or benzo withdrawal but that is the exact kind of panic attack I had multiple times.

I had three of those episodes where I couldn't breathe and was going to pull over and call 911 until I realized it was a panic attack. I spoke with my psych doctor about it and he confirmed that it was a panic attack it was basically like three panic attacks within a half hour while driving home from work and it is happened to me about three times already.

do you have any other breathing problems? benzos are known to do that if the user has asthma or used in higher doses.

Weed is the only thing that really helps my asthma, and I believe asthma is a recognized condition for which you can get a medical card, at least in my state. I wouldn't blame the weed, but that's just my opinion. I do agree about panic being a likely culprit though.