• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can benadryl kick you into Tramadol withdrawals?? I want to take one asap but afraid?

crisler

Bluelighter
I take tramadol in the morning at 10am one dose per day of 250mg. In the form of five 50mg instant release pills. I never redose, I dose every 24 hours pretty much. I have a fear that benadryl will kick me into tramadol withdrawals.. I sleep well at night I never withdraw when tramadol wears off at night no problems. But I fear that if I take benadryl I will start going through tramadol withdrawals.

Is this at all logical/possible? My fear comes from dramamine kicking me into withdrawal a few months ago. It was weird. Can benadryl possibly do this? I want to take some tonight to help me sleep so I can wake up on time in the morning for an appointment.

Thanks

No, it will not induce withdrawals. If you do go into withdrawal, it would be from not taking the tramadol for "x" amount of hours,.and would subside with a dose. But! If already in withdrawal, or.getting close, dph will definitely make your symptoms worse, especially RLS! Hope that helped!

- Hopeless Soul

Diphenhydramine acts as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor that inhibits your CYP2D6 enzyme (potentiating Tramadol's serotonergic effect while dulling its opioid effect by inhibiting the conversion to O-Desmethyltramadol).

And as it's already been said, antihistamines can trigger RLS symptoms in certain people, so that might also feel "withdrawal-like".

Benadryl worked perfectly! Slept like a baby. I dont know where that fear came from. On my way to this doc appt