• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anyone here just "over" taking drugs but..

Energizer

Bluelighter
Is there anyone here "over" taking drugs, but still come to this site everyday and read what is going on?

I dont think I will be making much of a come back with repect to using Rec drugs, but I think I will still come here everyday to read what is going on in the land of the carefree and good tunes.

Am I alone here?

no not at all. i am at the end of a 3 year stint i suppose, and i do feel that i am at that over it stage. i still read bluelight regularly, and i have no doubt that my activities will continue in the future, but definately on a much smaller scale.

i do find that my interest in bluelight has waned though, partially because i feel that i have gain alot of information and the wow factor of knowing all the ins/outs of particular substances is now common knowledge to me.

energizer - you're not alone at all!

the time constraint that rec drugs have is the main reason that i've yet to ingest recreational drugs other than beer or coffee this year.. when you're living to party every weekend, your whole life is often moulded around being able to forgo commitments on the the weekend, (and while a fairly sweeping generalisation) to forgo the same commitments for the rest of the week.

with full time work and full time study for my biotech degree via correspondence, the idea of going out on the weekend, eating drugs all night (with the mandatory polydrug shenanigans the following day), and feeling wretched for the rest of the weekend and the following week is simply not an option.

while there will still always be a warm and fuzzy place in my heart for the ecstasy honeymoon and all the fantastic new experiences and friends i gathered during my party days, i simply cant see myself eating a pill in the foreseeable future.

the once or twice yearly trip to psychedelic land on the hand, i cannot foresee ever wanting to remove from my life.

:)

Yeah Im over im over it... but i still like this site :p

but yeah ill format the old hard drive in the future im sure...

I virtually never take ilicits anymore. I actually had to really struggle just then to remember the last time I'd had anything hard, and it turns out it was late last year (I think). I haven't had a pill for well over 18 months.

Either way, it's not something that I spend any time thinking about anymore, except for when I'm posting on bluelight. This site has given so much to me and I've gained so much knowledge from it, and I still want to share that with people. And being able to help shape bluelight from an Admin perspective is an added bonus.

I'm sure there'll be a time when this site and I will have to part ways, but I can't see happening it in the too near future. :)

more to the point.. anyone here 'over' taking drugs, but still end up taking them a bit...?
or am i just a weak weak person?

^^ That doesn't make you weak. I am in very much the same situation and I think it's a good way to be. I know this word has lost a little meaning through overuse round here due to the presence of so many ravers, but it's the perfect word to sum up my attitude toward drug use at the moment... I'm jaded.

As you can see Energizer, you're far from alone. Heck, I'm moderating in here and I barely use anymore :)

In regards ro rec drugs, with speed/meth/whizz(whatever you may call it) and MDMA, there little more to experience and it really isn't worth all that trouble at the end of it.

However, there are always new things to try.. But in the end even all the new drugs can seem the same. I have to say there isn't much left to do. Now all I want to do is keep making music. Thats the only thing keeping me in the scene. :)

Well, I still take pills, once or twice a month actually, speed occasionally, coke when I can get it... yet I'm definitely not as obsessed as I used to be.

I moderate here but I barely even glance at the drug forums now. I can't remember the last time I clicked open, yet alone posted in, one of the drug forums... my reason for being at bluelight has completely and utterly done a 180.

I'm really over taking chems even the thought of it now makes me sick. At the moment I doubt very much I'll be re-entering the scene with the intention of taking chems again, alas that isn't going to stop me coming and checking out bluelight everyday be it the drug forums cos who knows I may very well one day decided to do it again I see it as research :) I'm still going to go out and party but without the enhancers.

Energizer said:
Is there anyone here "over" taking drugs, but still come to this site everyday and read what is going on?

Am I alone here?

Your definatly not alone...Im " over " taking drugs mainly due to melbourne's club culture has died on its ass...I still ocassionly do some whizz, coke, pills and dope here or there but its nothing compared to what I used to do...

Any one else out there agree that the club culture these days in melbourne sucks?

yeh im definantly over taking drugs, but i still find myself on this board sometimes.

Yes I'm over taking drugs, but I still come on here...

Ok sometimes I still like to go out on all night benders, but these days I can't afford to go out all the time and waste money and the precious little spare time that I have on taking drugs.

Besides I have other things in my life to enjoy. :)

i'm exactly the same as most people who have replied here - full-time work initially stemmed my chemical intake, ie. life-style change.... however, coupled with the demise of the "scene" up here in brisbane plus a desire for new experiences and change has meant that now i am back and uni and no longer working full-time i am consuming almost no chemicals at all. now days even the contemplation of certain drugs (especially pills) CAN (not always) make me feel repulsed or ill. that's not to say i don't on the rare occasion enjoy an indulgence it is just that when i do it is more planned and more meaningful/special....

i don't mean this to sound as tho i have a problem with other people doing chemicals - it just doesn't seem to be the thing for me anymore....
bk:)

Good thread! Some great comments have been posted. I don't really have anything to add at this stage, just wanted to comment on the quality of the replies.

BigTrancer :)

more to the point.. anyone here 'over' taking drugs, but still end up taking them a bit...?

ohh this is sooo true for me, if i could just convince a few other mates to break with me i think it would be easier, the money is also starting to run out which is another good reason to stop! as for bluelight, well i think i will just have to work on one addiction at a time ;)

I feel the same way as most people do here...

After a change of career this year, my new job comes with a truckload of responsibilty and the handling of really sensitive information (ie, cases of child abuse), along with studying this year, there really isn't room for regular drug use anymore. Now, that's not to say that it never occurs, but i guess i've become extremely selective as to when i indulge, where i indulge and who i indulge with. I will always be thankful for the experiences i've had in the past, the people i've met and the situations i've been in, as they've made me who i am today, and have taught me things i may have not learnt otherwise. :)

I still come to bluelight and read a few of the drug discussion forums (Aus, other drugs, trip reports, psychedelic drugs) to keep abreast of whats going on, due to the fact that voluntary work Mr Samadhi and I do involves knowing if there are dangerous pills being sold, or if there is a higher concentration of a particular drug, etc.

I've recently come to the decision to dramatically downscale my consumption. While never excessive, I've come to a point in my life where i don't need OR want drugs to have an great night out or share amazing experiences with my friends.

There is something more beautiful than any pill I've ever had - and thats being able to achieve complete bliss without chems, its a clarity that never fades or becomes jaded ;)

I feel drugs have taught and directed my mind in ways it would have taken years to achieve by itself and would never take back any of the magical (and not so) expereinces I've had along the way.

Pills are now reserved for very special occassions to be done with very special people. Acid is something that I can't honestly ever see myself forgoing compleatly, the lure of the depth of the rabbit hole is just too great, but its a definate goodbye to fortnightly indugences.

That said, i'm sure there will be unexpected dabbling but I can safely say I'm over drugs for 'fun'.

My addiction to bluelight and knowledge is another matter entirely...