• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Iv meth in jugular, possible mishap

ShouldaListened

Greenlighter
First of all I'm new to this whole forum posting thing, so i apologize in advance if I should've posted elsewhere. Secondly, I'm well aware of the dangers and how incredibly stupid I am for going near my neck with a needle. About an hour ago I had my husband hit my jugular, right side if that matters, he hit it on the first try, registered good, but he almost had to force the plunger down, not enough force that it was in any way uncomfortable for me but more than the norm I guess (i've never hit myself so I really don't know) I've used the jugular a few times in the last month and every other time I felt the usual rush and no mishaps, this time I felt no rush, I felt absolutely nothing and he used the same mixture and amount and is still in outer space. Not getting high is the least of my concerns seeings how I'm freaked out about my neck being numb and I feel like if I stretch my neck or tilt my head to the left too far I'm gonna tear the vein (it's like tightening on the inside best way I can explain) numbness usually coincides with nerve damage correct? If this is the case, is it likely permanent? I'm having no troubles breathing nor is it swelling, though I can feel what seems to be a large bump at injection site, but it's not visible to the eye. Did he miss? Shouldn't that burn or something, cuz it didn't? Surely someone knows something to ease my mind. Thanks

I suggest you'd look for medical assistance. Missing veins can be a pretty common thing but if injected drugs in an outside area and considering this is near you jugular, it would be safer to go to an ER - just in case. As the old expression, better safe than sorry.
Good luck!

gotta chime in too. neck is no joke, it's worrisome the force he had to use on the plunger -suggests miss or artery, although I suspect you'd know the latter, or be dead already. I would not pass go, not collect 200, go straight to hospital. Sorry.

No rush and tightness suggests a miss. Seek medical treatment, it's your life you're playing with in this scenario. In my experience Planned Parenthood is a great place to get treatment for type of thing, they're discreet and won't give you a hard time. Just be straight up with them.

I'm going to close this thread because the ONLY sound advice here is to see medical professional immediately. We're not doctors and can not advise you on the correct treatment. If you'd like to update the thread with what happens PM me and I'll reopen it for you.

These kind of situations are tough, but I have to concur: At least get yourself checked out by someone with some substantial medical/physiologically applicable knowledge. I've had something similar happen a couple of times on my hands- once on each hand, using heroin, injecting into my finger proximal to my hand. In both cases I registered, but there was an unusual and unsettling amount of force required to push the plunger. In the following minutes there was little to no rush like there should have been, my left middle finger and my right thumb swelled up to an alarming size, and became numb with a slight tingling, and I was all but unable to move or bend either, respectively.

As a result, I have scar tissue in and around the injection sites, where I can only assume I missed, despite any of the evidence to the contrary, like registering cleanly and not seeing immediate subdermal swelling as with a clearly missed shot. On my right thumb it is obvious when examined with any attention that the base is larger than it should be; larger than my left thumb, and in areas hard to the touch. This bothers me because these are the hands I'll have for the rest of my life. But my neck? I don't know if I could simply ride that out and hope for the best. IMO, better to be safe than have a life long dermal scarring type issue to contend with.