• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nitrous with Oxygen

ODogg

Greenlighter
Hey,

So I'm relatively new to nos, and I see a lot of people talking about how it is necessary to get oxygen as well as the nitrous, presumably to avoid oxygen deprivation. However, I'm not entirely sure exactly how to do this. We simply crack a canister directly into a balloon, then breathe in and out of said balloon until we can't physically go any further, but this does mean we aren't getting that oxygen people say you're meant to be getting? Or am I missing the point? We normally leave about 10 mins between each balloon if that means anything.

About 10 years ago me and some friends were doing nitrous tanks twice a week. Combine that with some blow and we had a blast! Ah, the good ole days! Anyway, from what I remember there are 2 ways I would do it. The first is just like you said , breathing in and out of the balloon. This way MAY conserve some nitrous since you are putting air back into the balloon but I'm not sure nitrous gets back into the balloon after you inhale it but I guess when your messed up and your balloon is big, it doesn't matter. The second way is inhaling a deep breath of nitrous and holding it in for 5-10 seconds and then releasing. Kind of like a nice bong rip. I did both but I think I did the second the most. I'm not sure one is better then the other so whatever works better for you. I would take a few breaths in between inhales but I never waited more then a 2-3 minutes between balloons. I don't think it's necessary to wait 10 minutes but that's your call. I'm obviously not a professional and I'm just speaking from experience here. Enjoy the ride my man!

Hey,

So I'm relatively new to nos, and I see a lot of people talking about how it is necessary to get oxygen as well as the nitrous, presumably to avoid oxygen deprivation. However, I'm not entirely sure exactly how to do this. We simply crack a canister directly into a balloon, then breathe in and out of said balloon until we can't physically go any further, but this does mean we aren't getting that oxygen people say you're meant to be getting? Or am I missing the point? We normally leave about 10 mins between each balloon if that means anything.
Yes you are not getting much oxygen if you just breath in and out in the balloon. And lack of oxygen is not good for your body and you could even black out because of it.
Just take a small breath of air before you breath in the balloon, breath out into the balloon, take a small breath of air, then breath in the balloon, breath out into the balloon etc. This way you'll get enough oxygen and nitrous.

I don't know why everyone suggests breathing back into the balloon.

I tried it but not only do I feel I DON'T get as strong a high but I feel it makes me more oxygen deprived than simply inhaling the balloon.

Me personally, I was doing some just today and I just put 2-3 charger in a balloon and take a big breath ahead of time, then inhale the balloon until I feel I need to take a breath and then pull away and take a breath and finish the rest of the balloon.

I find this way to work better for me personally and I think I do ok not depriving myself of TOO much oxygen just by taking a breath when i feel I really need to and not FORCING myself to try to inhale the whole thing at once if I can't.