• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Too much heroin? (In a day, not at once)

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Okay, so I'm an idiot and relapsed after graduating from my outpatient program post-rehab. Not that mad about it, i don't think I was really intent on staying clean to begin with anyway so it was kinda half-assed, but please don't talk about that as it isn't what this thread is about.

Anyway, with that said, prior to two days ago I was 36 days clean (off all drugs, a first in over a year). Well, starting yesterday I started using again like I said. Problem is I'm feeling rather nauseous now after my third shot today. I've been doing 4-5 shots a day, redosing every 3-4 hours, and I know doing too much at once can cause nausea but how about too much in a day? It might also be because I had to reuse a syringe from yesterday for my third shot, but I made sure to wipe the needle down with isopropyl to sanitize it.

Long story short, I'm feeling very nauseous and don't know why. I just did one more shot, last shot for the night, with also a pretty high amount for me. Am I just doing too much per day (for nausea, not asking in general/addiction wise), is it possible bacteria built up in the used but empty sanitized syringe, or do you think that I am just sick and it's unrelated?

Could be because your tolerance is much lower, but are you nodding out hard too? It could be completely unrelated like you said, but if you feel it may be too high, I'd lower/space out your doses. It's hard to say what it is but it's always better to stay safe. I like to use my pupils as a gauge of how much more I can take as well as general sedation level.

Nausea is a very common side effect of high dose opiates, As I'm sure your aware.

I don't IV and never will, so I can't give you advice on that.

Don't beat yourself up about the rehab thing, been there done that. Changed my life, but I'm still a weekend warrior ;)

Lay off the dope for a little while and see if your condition improves, if it worsens contact a doctor or head to the hospital.

Best of luck!

I was always told that opiates cause nausea one of the reasons you shouldn't eat or drink before a surgery.
I have never felt it regardless of the dosage but most people experience nausea even in small doses.

Shadow, as others have stated, nausea is indeed a common side effect of opiates/opioids. It could be that you're dosing a little high; alternatively, your body may be readjusting to the heroin. I found that as time went on and my body became more tolerant/accustomed to heroin, nausea subsequently subsided. Occasionally I still feel green from certain cuts or a particularly strong batch...
First generation antihistamines, (i.e. promethazine, Benadryl) can work wonders. In fact I almost never dose without them! Perhaps try having a low dose of one (several kinds are available OTC) about 1 hour before you have a shot of heroin. In addition, being a little more conservative with your intake of h may also help mitigate some of that queasiness.
As far as rigs go, it's ALWAYS good practice to use a new one for every injection... Please try not to reuse if possible, as bacteria can survive even after the most thorough cleaning, and the needle tip dulls significantly.
Good luck and be safe :)

Last edited:
Turns out I was actually just sick, and the heroin was actually staving it off somehow.