• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can I stop and quit meth on my own?

UnknownMe

Greenlighter
58ee2b47a7d170c12683.jpg
[/URL] [/CENTER][/IMG]

This is my first post, even though I visit this site a lot just to read what everyone has to say. After 3 years of smoking meth, I have just recently admitted (only to myself) that I have a problem. I hate the life I am living now.

The time I waste is unreal. I sit down at my computer in the morning and surf the internet, then what feels like only a couple hours has turned into 24 hours and I hear my husband's alarm clock going off because it's 6:00 the next morning. This is how I've spent the past two years. I no longer have friends, I have gained weight(don't ask me how) Years ago, I was first runner up in Miss Texas Pageant but since I started doing meth, I can't believe how much I have aged. I no longer get dressed up, fix my hair or wear make up. I don't like the person I have become at all.

I have tried quitting over the past 3 years, but have only made it two weeks before going back. When I stop using I gain weight, have no motivation to get out of bed and I feel SO DEPRESSED. I always end up using again. NO ONE KNOWS about my addiction, and I don't want them to know. Once my husband told me if I ever did drugs he would divorce me and make sure I lost custody of our children.

I know I have to go stop, and was just wondering if any of you have any advice for recovering on my own ~ without checking into rehab. Since I no longer have a job (NO SURPRISE!)I am prepared to sleep for two weeks when I get off. To those of you who have been through rehab, could you share with me any information or tips that helped you recover.

Thank you for anything you can do to help me kick this. I have to kick it -- before it kicks me.

Welcome to bluelight.

Very few people can stop meth on their own. The only people I know who were able to stop on their own did so by making the decision to never use it again, and some stopped it suddenly while others cut back, and some had to move to different areas of the country or new cities where they knew nobody and had no idea where to get meth.

But a lot of people I know who wound up quitting meth on their own wound up addicted to other drugs like cocaine or alcohol as they did not learn about how to be and stay sober in a treatment program, counseling, etc. or had trouble figuring out what drove them to become addicted to drugs in the first place or what triggers them to use drugs.

We have a sober living forum here that you will find helpful:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/269-Sober-Living

Can you tell friends and family that you are addicted to meth, and want to stop using it? It does not make you a bad or weak person to admit that you need help, are addicted to meth, and want to get off meth. Good luck.

Last edited:
Once my husband told me if I ever did drugs he would divorce me and make sure I lost custody of our children.

Jesus. How long ago did he say that? God to think he would ruin all of your lives even if only for a while just to get back at you. Any jockstrapped motherfucker who says this has serious control issues. Just the thought of you managing to hide something (like this) from him makes him want to strip children away from their mother? Sickening.

You indeed can quit Meth alone, but you've got some critical things holding you back. Not having your partners support is unfortunate, it could be likened to him being an addict and refusing to quit with you as to how much that situation could hold you back so you'll just have to want it a little more than usual. I certainly quit an admirable IV meth addiction that spanned about 12 years and my access to drugs meth in particular was excessive.

You do need to be able to sleep it off - it's great but the depression can match it. I wasn't consumed with depression I think because my will to FINALLY ACTUALLY quit was greater. I had really had enough, it defined my late teens to my late 20's and I needed to change. Been clean of Meth for just short of a decade. Wishing you good luck and all the best, Take care.

You can quit on your own, but why would you when you don't have to?

There are online recovery options, there are meetings and there are people who are ready to talk.

You have hundreds of options all which involve quitting.

You know about the withdrawal, depression can be treated, and for rehab help there is more than one place to look.

NA, AA, CMA, Crystal Recovery, Smart Recovery, the choices are there for you to make.

You DON'T have to do this alone.

How did you manage to use methamphetamine for 3 years straight without anyone knowing that you use?

I've used the drug for approximately the same period of time, although IV is my prefered ROA. While I can't really say that I've "quit", as I still use from time to time, my habit is not very big (usually only buy 20-40 dollars worth at a time, which isn't much) & I have quit for sustained periods of time in the past. What I've found works best is to remove your access to the drug, or at least try to...delete numbers from phone, distance yourself from your meth-related social contacts while strengthening your bonds with non-meth using social contacts (although this one wouldn't apply to you because you always use meth by yourself...?), hell move to another city if that's what it takes.

With some people removing your connections to the drug world is really difficult (like, if you synthesize meth yourself or you're fucking a meth dealer or something) but since you claim to have hidden your addiction so well, it shouldn't be too hard to do. It will look just like a continuation of your normal life, really. I have it pretty good because I get an involuntary break of at least 4 months from the drug every year when I have to go off to work (and my access to the drug subsequently gets taken away from me)

Like Burnt Offerings said, I cannot really say I have "Quit" Meth. I use it from time to time, but I make sure to keep my job and my family does not know or really suspect. (I don't think). I know this is spoken like a true addict, but I feel like I have it SOMEWHAT in check. Let me explain!!! Forgive my rambling as I'm a little spun as I type this all on my crappy phone. :p

I am a 23 year old guy living in one of the Midwest are hillbilly states. :p not rural area at allbut I recently spent a year in Prison. I got out on parole about 5 months ago. The few years leading up to my incarceration were literally what any NORMAL person or non tweakers (or as I always called them "muggle" people) could imagine as ROCK BOTTOM. BUT AT THE TIME I WAS SO "ATE UP" that in my fantasy "Dope game" world I was living the dream!! A little bCkground on my area.... I live in the state that is they refer to af meth capital of the USA.... And in said state I live in the county that has most meth in state!!!! Literally an epidemic, literally are NO OTHER DRUGS IN THIS TOWN.... And Tweakers walk the streets with hoodies up, and sunglasses at all hours, sporting headlamps and backpacks full of electronics like its a damn fashion statement!!!!! I SWEAR TO YOU.... This whole town, which you WOULD KNOW if I said the name (very very popular FAMILY vacation destination) Is a Methhead colony after dark. I was born in this town, and Went all through school here, and been here my entire life.

And so I got involved in this whole "dope game" scene. Details bot important. I remember the first few times I used, I'd tell myself, "JUST this ONCE l! This ain't weed"!!!!! I smoked for a couple days straight and then broke my pipe (glass dick, pizzo, etc). After a COUPLE HOURS PASSED , I realized I was digging it out of trash to scrape the pieces....

Literally went on auto pilot. Didn't even FATHOM what I was doing was not good ifea. The addiction was swift and insane. I Can't explain to anyone who hasn't experienced the crazy, twisted way meth addiction works..., just Seemed like one long day.... Like I Was going in auto pilot, and begore I accepted it I always felt this crazy twisted evil presence come over me, and my mind would get twisted badly, I was ATE THE F UP. Insane Weird evil and perverted thoughts. when I finally had a "REALITY CHECK" (If u are/been hardcore meth user u kno what I mean by that) I had been homeless for 2 years.... ... Doing nothing but smoke meth, in Wendy's bathroom stall, often times with people right outside. Wasnt couch surfing. Everyone I knew robbed me. Noooo. I mean at first id sit 4 days and nights inside 24 hour mcdonalds coloring on my backpack, and finally crashing when I couldn't smoke enuf to stay awake. I'd stay hi so I didn't need a home. Wander around all night, no need for a bed or food. .... Eventually got kicked out of everywhere and sat up a tent in woods behind a walmart. I Would have to Pick up dirty, wet, abandoned clothes off the side of road, and dry in resteraunt bathrooms hand dryers to have something warm to wear. I LITERALLY surviving on nothing but shoplifted candy bars and dr pepper, and meth.... would eat out of the trash (when I DID eat), and panhandle for meth money with cardboard signs. I did that at the SAME INTERSECTION EVERY SINGLE DAY, for the entire 2years straight that I was on the streets. ALL OF THIS WAS an INCREDIBLY FUN adventure TO Me!!! Cops, snitches, hidden cameras, shadow people, guns, paranoia, hookers, strange cars passing by, conspiracys, and everything was a big joke!!!!!!!!! I made begging a LITERAL profession... Easy money, even easier than hustling!!!! I would dress in different roles, had multiple aliases each with crazy extravagant background story's so I could always be seen like a helpless victim. I Had hundreds of cardboard signs with things like "Homeless, but not HOPELESS, thank god! Or Need a miracle, anything helps, or stranded no as card or birth cert. etc etc. keep in mind I lived in this town my entire life...., people I went throufh school with, my Parents and siblings, ex girlfriend, EVERYBODY knew that I was a strait junkie. which was like a freedom, or a relief to me.

And so EVERY SINGLE DAY
from sunrise to sunset in 2013-2014 u would find me sitting outside that walmart putting on my act, making $500 at least a day, often times food and gift cards and brand newcclothing..... . AND then EVERY NIGHT, as soon as it got dark I'd go to the woods, climb in my tent, and shoot a half gram of dope. Then EVERY NIGHT NO MATTER WHAT I TOLD MYSELF BEFORE HAND.... ID SWEAR THAT PEOLLE COMING!!!! So the tweaker war games would commence. Id sneak, and crawl, climb way up trees, and run for my life.... from imaginary cops (called them Dream Police) and/or dealers, with shadow people and tree people. It got so real that I couldn't deny it. I've done acid and shrooms and NEVER HAD AS INSANE VIVID HALLUCINATIONS like i did In the woods, at night, on meth.... Sometimes shit got so real, I'd end up so scared if b crying hysterically,so sure i was gonna b killed or go to prison for 25 years, and end up desperately praying to whatever god would pisten, "MAKE IT STOP!!!! ILL NEVER DO METH AGAIn if u make this not real".... Sun finally comes up, I feel dumb, find my glasses case with my rigs and my phone that I threw in woods, repeat entire cycle. AND I MEAN LITERALLY...,,,,,

So now I had a year in prison clean and clear. decided to just smoke weed like I used too! Stoner!!! Well all was perfect and then I failed a UA for pot, yet was still dappling with meth an Only failed pot. So now u gotta do 4 Na meetings by this Tuesday (it's 2am Sunday ) all for the POT!!!!! It's 2am I have to work at 6. I go in high as hell all the time and nobody notices!!!! I'm a housekeeper and so it works out alriht! My mom is my supervisor, and was a meth junkie for 8 years, and tho she's been clean for 15 now, she knows how to diagnose a twackstar!!! And so far so good!! I go to work 5 days a week, wether I'm spun or or coming down.

You CAN stop on your own. Will just take some clean and clear time.... The drug is crazy and manipulative.

GOOGLE "I.v.r.t. Recovery", book (don't remember author) or just research the " inner voice recognition technique". Read it in the joint, and I think it's exactly what you are looking for. They really bash AA and 12 step programs, and say the answer is simpler. RecogniZing the addictive voice in yourself.

SORRY GUYs!!! Ramble. RAMBLE. If u read this all u RCA trooper. :)

SINCERELY,

Just another faceless person on this forum.

Jesus. How long ago did he say that? God to think he would ruin all of your lives even if only for a while just to get back at you. Any jockstrapped motherfucker who says this has serious control issues. Just the thought of you managing to hide something (like this) from him makes him want to strip children away from their mother? Sickening.

I'd say its a pretty reasonable sentiment for a father to not want their children to be raised by a meth addict.

Like Burnt Offerings said, I cannot really say I have "Quit" Meth. I use it from time to time, but I make sure to keep my job and my family does not know or really suspect. (I don't think). I know this is spoken like a true addict, but I feel like I have it SOMEWHAT in check. Let me explain!!! Forgive my rambling as I'm a little spun as I type this all on my crappy phone. :p

I am a 23 year old guy living in one of the Midwest are hillbilly states. :p not rural area at allbut I recently spent a year in Prison. I got out on parole about 5 months ago. The few years leading up to my incarceration were literally what any NORMAL person or non tweakers (or as I always called them "muggle" people) could imagine as ROCK BOTTOM. BUT AT THE TIME I WAS SO "ATE UP" that in my fantasy "Dope game" world I was living the dream!! A little bCkground on my area.... I live in the state that is they refer to af meth capital of the USA.... And in said state I live in the county that has most meth in state!!!! Literally an epidemic, literally are NO OTHER DRUGS IN THIS TOWN.... And Tweakers walk the streets with hoodies up, and sunglasses at all hours, sporting headlamps and backpacks full of electronics like its a damn fashion statement!!!!! I SWEAR TO YOU.... This whole town, which you WOULD KNOW if I said the name (very very popular FAMILY vacation destination) Is a Methhead colony after dark. I was born in this town, and Went all through school here, and been here my entire life.

And so I got involved in this whole "dope game" scene. Details bot important. I remember the first few times I used, I'd tell myself, "JUST this ONCE l! This ain't weed"!!!!! I smoked for a couple days straight and then broke my pipe (glass dick, pizzo, etc). After a COUPLE HOURS PASSED , I realized I was digging it out of trash to scrape the pieces....

Literally went on auto pilot. Didn't even FATHOM what I was doing was not good ifea. The addiction was swift and insane. I Can't explain to anyone who hasn't experienced the crazy, twisted way meth addiction works..., just Seemed like one long day.... Like I Was going in auto pilot, and begore I accepted it I always felt this crazy twisted evil presence come over me, and my mind would get twisted badly, I was ATE THE F UP. Insane Weird evil and perverted thoughts. when I finally had a "REALITY CHECK" (If u are/been hardcore meth user u kno what I mean by that) I had been homeless for 2 years.... ... Doing nothing but smoke meth, in Wendy's bathroom stall, often times with people right outside. Wasnt couch surfing. Everyone I knew robbed me. Noooo. I mean at first id sit 4 days and nights inside 24 hour mcdonalds coloring on my backpack, and finally crashing when I couldn't smoke enuf to stay awake. I'd stay hi so I didn't need a home. Wander around all night, no need for a bed or food. .... Eventually got kicked out of everywhere and sat up a tent in woods behind a walmart. I Would have to Pick up dirty, wet, abandoned clothes off the side of road, and dry in resteraunt bathrooms hand dryers to have something warm to wear. I LITERALLY surviving on nothing but shoplifted candy bars and dr pepper, and meth.... would eat out of the trash (when I DID eat), and panhandle for meth money with cardboard signs. I did that at the SAME INTERSECTION EVERY SINGLE DAY, for the entire 2years straight that I was on the streets. ALL OF THIS WAS an INCREDIBLY FUN adventure TO Me!!! Cops, snitches, hidden cameras, shadow people, guns, paranoia, hookers, strange cars passing by, conspiracys, and everything was a big joke!!!!!!!!! I made begging a LITERAL profession... Easy money, even easier than hustling!!!! I would dress in different roles, had multiple aliases each with crazy extravagant background story's so I could always be seen like a helpless victim. I Had hundreds of cardboard signs with things like "Homeless, but not HOPELESS, thank god! Or Need a miracle, anything helps, or stranded no as card or birth cert. etc etc. keep in mind I lived in this town my entire life...., people I went throufh school with, my Parents and siblings, ex girlfriend, EVERYBODY knew that I was a strait junkie. which was like a freedom, or a relief to me.

And so EVERY SINGLE DAY
from sunrise to sunset in 2013-2014 u would find me sitting outside that walmart putting on my act, making $500 at least a day, often times food and gift cards and brand newcclothing..... . AND then EVERY NIGHT, as soon as it got dark I'd go to the woods, climb in my tent, and shoot a half gram of dope. Then EVERY NIGHT NO MATTER WHAT I TOLD MYSELF BEFORE HAND.... ID SWEAR THAT PEOLLE COMING!!!! So the tweaker war games would commence. Id sneak, and crawl, climb way up trees, and run for my life.... from imaginary cops (called them Dream Police) and/or dealers, with shadow people and tree people. It got so real that I couldn't deny it. I've done acid and shrooms and NEVER HAD AS INSANE VIVID HALLUCINATIONS like i did In the woods, at night, on meth.... Sometimes shit got so real, I'd end up so scared if b crying hysterically,so sure i was gonna b killed or go to prison for 25 years, and end up desperately praying to whatever god would pisten, "MAKE IT STOP!!!! ILL NEVER DO METH AGAIn if u make this not real".... Sun finally comes up, I feel dumb, find my glasses case with my rigs and my phone that I threw in woods, repeat entire cycle. AND I MEAN LITERALLY...,,,,,

So now I had a year in prison clean and clear. decided to just smoke weed like I used too! Stoner!!! Well all was perfect and then I failed a UA for pot, yet was still dappling with meth an Only failed pot. So now u gotta do 4 Na meetings by this Tuesday (it's 2am Sunday ) all for the POT!!!!! It's 2am I have to work at 6. I go in high as hell all the time and nobody notices!!!! I'm a housekeeper and so it works out alriht! My mom is my supervisor, and was a meth junkie for 8 years, and tho she's been clean for 15 now, she knows how to diagnose a twackstar!!! And so far so good!! I go to work 5 days a week, wether I'm spun or or coming down.

You CAN stop on your own. Will just take some clean and clear time.... The drug is crazy and manipulative.

GOOGLE "I.v.r.t. Recovery", book (don't remember author) or just research the " inner voice recognition technique". Read it in the joint, and I think it's exactly what you are looking for. They really bash AA and 12 step programs, and say the answer is simpler. RecogniZing the addictive voice in yourself.

SINCERELY,

I read all of it, and I will personally never use meth. Good luck, and stay safe everyone.

And so EVERY SINGLE DAY

SINCERELY,

Were you using when you wrote this up. What a bible. I would guess youre near Branson.

Cops, snitches, hidden cameras, shadow people, guns, paranoia, hookers, strange cars passing by, conspiracys, and everything was a big joke!!!!!!!!!

Yep, sounds like meth! :)

That was a very entertaining tweaker diatribe, darthjello. I read the whole thing. Ever read the book "Methland" by Nick Reding? In it he cites Missouri as being the meth capital of America (based on meth lab bust data, I think). A dubious distinction for sure...

Yep, sounds like meth! :)

That was a very entertaining tweaker diatribe, darthjello. I read the whole thing. Ever read the book "Methland" by Nick Reding? In it he cites Missouri as being the meth capital of America (based on meth lab bust data, I think). A dubious distinction for sure...

I read that book. It was odd how the author even used meth for research purposes, and even the spreadneck lawyer/small town politician admitted to using it. I thought that book was about Iowa though?

Yeah it was about a small town in Iowa.

I just remember the author talking about how many states and cities claimed to be "meth capital of the USA", from Florida to Oregon, but they were all pretenders to the throne when it came to the great state of Missouri, haha

I thought the part of the book about how Tom Arnold's sister was a big-league meth trafficker w/ Mexican drug cartel connections was pretty interesting

I did. I had to. I had a steady supply; as long as I didn't mind the process of crushing those little pills.. and mixing some chemicals..I think you get the idea. Anyways, it was ruining my life(relationship and job.) After quitting, I was a quite a bit fucked for like a week, maybe 2 or 3; both mentally and physically. One of the best things I ever did, quitting that is! It will not be easy; but, you will feel so proud when you do kick it! Good luck!

I'd say its a pretty reasonable sentiment for a father to not want their children to be raised by a meth addict.

Oh I understand the sentiment, but this is a guy who has never caught her out in anyway, it's not like it's her billionth chance to get clean, he's just straight out said the kids are mine boo boo to you etc etc.......it's about control between him and her, husband and wife, there was no thought of his children in that statement.

Now I'm assuming a lot perhaps but on face value the sentiment stinks - I'll bet he's one of those who works fulltime and comes home to kids who have been running circles around his wife all day and says " I suppose you've done nothing all day", or when asked to wash up or maybe sit down and feed one of his kids it's. " Huh yeah right, I work all day you get to stay home"...........folks like this shit me no end cos kids are a 24/7 job, you don't get time off.

I get what your saying, but that statement is one I've seen/heard before by supposedly straight edge wankers who instead of drink and drugs they partake in verbal abuse and threats as their way to feel better. If I had time on my hands I'd like to start or make it my business to offer services to help "correct" what these cunts mothers and fathers should of done, scared them into a situation where they become an inclusive part of the family rather than the parasites they become - without training fathers that remove mothers from seeing (he didn't say "bringing them up" he meant you'll never see them again if I can help it"......well over here you can't unless the situation can be proven to be life threatening.

All my assumptions, of which there are many, could be way off the mark but OP thought it worth mentioning so I can only go by her post and my experience with junkies families. Yes, I've seen things that absolutely should ensure access to children should definitely supervised.I'm a rehabilitation rather than incarceration type guy. Just my worthless opinion. Anyone got some meth they "don't need" lol.

I agree 100%. And ANY drug? What a dick.

You can quit on your own, but why would you when you don't have to?

There are online recovery options, there are meetings and there are people who are ready to talk.

You have hundreds of options all which involve quitting.

You know about the withdrawal, depression can be treated, and for rehab help there is more than one place to look.

NA, AA, CMA, Crystal Recovery, Smart Recovery, the choices are there for you to make.

You DON'T have to do this alone.

Hot avatar with user name "methgirl"...love at first sight! Do you have a boyfriend?

<3 <3 <3