• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Increasing neuroplasticity with nootropics on days off lyrica to help reset tolerance

Mracid

Bluelighter
I've been prescribed lyrica 300mg a day. I tried it for 4 days and it stoped working so I thought I should use it like Oxazepam, only as needed, and cycled with cannabis.
So now I have 3 drugs to cycle that can help my Physical/sensorial dicomfort (I feel like I look at the sun all the time but that feeling goes through my 5 sense). Doctors describe it as anxiety but I do not feel anxious in any way I only have spasms cramps and senses overloaded.

Anyway, I also take nootropics, started a year ago with noopept and now I use Aniracetam/tried Oxiracetam but do not intend to buy more.
I read alot about every drug I use, I love the website ncbi which is a US national achive website there is no information transformed to simplify.
With those informations I came with the theory that with the neuroplasticity created by nootropics we could reduce the time it would take to get back to normal on Voltage dependent Calcium channels.

Today I feel that with 3 days break the effect is much more intense and I feel it is because I used ALOT of nootropics during the break.
I will try other experiments to try to clear the uncovered informations and will come back in some week with some more Personnal insights.

Lyrica may work by inhibiting glutamate release through the VGCCs so I wouldn't be surprised if you would notice a bigger subjective effect with Lyrica after boosting glutamate and long term potentiation for a couple days with nootropics.

Have you ever thought about depakote or another sodium channel blocker? There is also the opposite of nootropics, Memantine. It's worth a decent try if you're hating your life and such. Some people have great success with it.

I dont hate my life per sae, actually I like it pretty much, what I dislike is the constant body ache that comes whith being awake. But I can't get a hold on anything RX other than lyrica or Antidepressant, my doc is like a Antidepressant salesman.

I have thought about valproate tho and would mabe try it.

Memantine Seem to have a much too wide area of action for me to play with other substances along the road, plus I dont like direct Antagonists, it's hard for the body, makes you need alot of synaptic plasticity to worth using.
I prefer to use combinations of simple acting drug in their most potent form so I can play with the pharmacology of the experiment and test my receptor systems, then take a break with nootropics to '' reset '' the best I can. Once I got what I need about A drug I find out the best way for me to use it in my routine or if I simply dont want to use it.

I want to preface this by saying that im not shooting down what youre saying about the neuroplasticity, but i also use lyrica and decided to use it every three days with nothing in between and i still get the same strong effects that i got the first time i used it. So, 3 days might just be enough for your tolerance to drop back down to negligible levels., therefore it might not have anything to do with the nootropics.

I think you should find yourself another doctor. And you should also try memantine and see how it goes, it can be found online. Nootropics theoretically will worsen pain, the way Lyrica is supposed to work is by decreasing excitatory glutamate so I think another glutamate decreaser like memantine will do you good, granted you have to get over the initial nicotinic antagonist effects.

In my opinion antagonists are much better than agonists.

I think you should find yourself another doctor. And you should also try memantine and see how it goes, it can be found online. Nootropics theoretically will worsen pain, the way Lyrica is supposed to work is by decreasing excitatory glutamate so I think another glutamate decreaser like memantine will do you good, granted you have to get over the initial nicotinic antagonist effects.

In my opinion antagonists are much better than agonists.

Finding another doctor where I live takes at least 5 months of waiting. I do not have enough money to buy too much outside drug (insurance for medication) and disaprove the use of NMDA antagonists more than once a month or so because I think it is too important for long term brain health.

Nootropics works by enhancing Na+ not Ca++. AMPA receptor meditate Na+ release. Also most nootropics enhance ACh system which works also by Na+ which to me seems like a good alternative/addition to Ca++ as LTP enhancer.

Also Lyrica has some side effects that can increase the main effect; blocking voltage gated calcium channels can in turn block the release of exitatory neurotransmitters which can send messages to adjascent neurons to do the same.

Nicotinic antagonistic activity is also a bit of a struggle for me, just like NMDA antagonists, I want to reduce my pain but not at the cost of brain function.

I still think you should try memantine or a sodium channel blocker like oxcarbazepine, you might notice some level of intelligence decrease concerning oxcarbazepine but I think after you get over the initial bout of memantine nicotinic effects you'll start to feel better. Memantine tends to leave alone more normal physiological NMDA and only addresses the over-active NMDA.

Exercise is always a good idea if it's possible for you.