• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The X-Files (2016)

polymath

Bluelight Crew
Have you watched these new episodes (third one will be released on monday)? I'm just starting to watch the second episode and I don't think the quality of the series is as good as it was 15 years ago. Or maybe it's just that I was only in high school when I watched X-files last time and now when I have a degree in physics it feels silly to watch a series where they talk about "free energy devices" and use of "element 115" as spacecraft fuel, LOL. :)

Is anyone who's not old enough to have watched X-files in the 1990s interested in this series?

Watched #1. Might watch 2 today. I stopped watching the series before it was finished, so maybe that's part of it but I was meh on it.

Have you watched these new episodes (third one will be released on monday)? I'm just starting to watch the second episode and I don't think the quality of the series is as good as it was 15 years ago. Or maybe it's just that I was only in high school when I watched X-files last time and now when I have a degree in physics it feels silly to watch a series where they talk about "free energy devices" and use of "element 115" as spacecraft fuel, LOL. :)

Is anyone who's not old enough to have watched X-files in the 1990s interested in this series?

Yeah I used to watch them in 93/94/95 etc and as you mentioned I enjoyed them more back then. I guess it was more interesting before all this internet stuff brings more conspiracies to us so easily. That and moulder and scully are older now. I found it hard to get through the first episode but the 2nd one was a bit better I thought.

Still, the plots weren't as good as I recall them back in the 90's.

its hard to watch because the damn plot arcs are so weird, and then it gets strange as you get into the movies and the final seasons...

I don't think today you could get away with a tv show running as long as it did...I always thought it ran its course up until Season 7