View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man charged with importing 182lbs of xanax from Canada into Vermont

'medicine cabinet'

Bluelighter
Camouflaged Canadian caught smuggling 182 pounds of Xanax on sled in North Troy
Published on January 14, 2016 in Newport/News/North Troy by Dispatch Media

NORTH TROY — Authorities say Cedrick Bourgault-Morin, 21, of Quebec, Canada has been charged by a criminal complaint with possessing with intent to distribute 182 pounds of Aprazolam, commonly known as Xanax.

According to the affidavit filed with the complaint, at approximately 1:00 a.m. on January 13, 2016, U.S. Border Patrol received notification of activity on the railroad tracks which lead from the international border into the village of North Troy.

This area is known to be used by smuggling organizations to smuggle people and goods into the United States. Three agents responded to the area. One agent tracked footprints in the snow from the border, while two others positioned themselves south of the suspected smuggler.

The southern agents observed Bourgault-Morin wearing white camouflage clothing, and walking on the tracks.

Bourgault-Morin was pulling a sled behind him, loaded with a large object wrapped in white camouflage. As Bourgault-Morin began to conceal the sled and its contents with snow, all three agents approached him, apprehended him, and seized the contents of the sled.

The agents discovered a large duffle bag on the sled. Upon further inspection at the Newport Station, the agents discovered the duffle to contain approximately 300 vacuum-sealed plastic bags containing pills. The pills bear markings consistent with those used to identify Xanax, which is a brand name for Aprazolam.

Aprazolam is a benzodiazepine class of psychoactive drug typically prescribed as an anti-anxiety medication. The 300 bags of pills weighed approximately 182 pounds, and have a value of approximately $1.6 million.

If convicted, Bourgault-Morin faces a maximum of five years of imprisonment and a $250,000 fine.

The United States Attorney emphasizes that the charge in the complaint is merely an accusation, and that the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until he is proven guilty.

“This is a great example of some of the training and unique skills our agents use to perform their border security mission,” said U.S. Border Patrol Agent-in-Charge Fernando Beltran. “I commend these agents for their continued vigilance in tracking criminals, and for seizing harmful drugs before they get into our communities.”

http://newportdispatch.com/2016/01/...n-caught-smuggling-182-pounds-of-xanax-on-sle

Thats one huge tolerance

But jokes aside, anyone smuggling this much xanax has a huge source and I wouldn't be suprised if there were illicit xanax production somewhere in a lab in Canada

Impressive.

But jokes aside, anyone smuggling this much xanax has a huge source and I wouldn't be suprised if there were illicit xanax production somewhere in a lab in Canada

Old news. Huge labs pressing Xanax bars from bulk ALP have been goiong on there for some time, there was a big bust last year ... still going on or surplus still existing I guess.

lol people operating at that level usually sell pills by weight anyway
but thats someting like 350k bars i think

Bourgault-Morin was pulling a sled behind him, loaded with a large object wrapped in white camouflage. As Bourgault-Morin began to conceal the sled and its contents with snow, all three agents approached him, apprehended him, and seized the contents of the sled.
http://newportdispatch.com/2016/01/...n-caught-smuggling-182-pounds-of-xanax-on-sle

I like that line for some reason the idea of a single man pulling a large volume of drugs behind him on a snow sled... its like 1800's expedition style. I wonder if he was singing working tunes as he made the trek (I've been working on the railroad type tunes) but that is definitely a sizable amount of xanax.

Impressive.

Old news. Huge labs pressing Xanax bars from bulk ALP have been goiong on there for some time, there was a big bust last year ... still going on or surplus still existing I guess.

I'm still outraged at how much Xanax costs on the street..it's ridiculous

[watch out, possible toxic synthesis discussion ahead!]

Could anyone shed some light on this for me? Are drugs sold in an illegal setting that have been pressed from pure powder usually synthesized by unofficial labs/homes? For example, would this alprazolam come from some illegal lab? The reason I'm asking is the other day I was thinking about O-desmethyltramadol and was wondering how it was made. One particular vendor supplies a racemate of (R,R) and (S,S) optical isomers, which is also the end product of one possible tramadol synthesis pathway. I don't know exactly what the pathway is as Wikipedia doesn't cite it and a quick search didn't amount to much. In any case, making O-desmethyltramadol would be very easy if bulk tramadol could be obtained, a simple deprotection reaction and you're good. On the other hand, starting from simple precursors would involve quite a few more steps.

[watch out, possible toxic synthesis discussion ahead!]

Could anyone shed some light on this for me? Are drugs sold in an illegal setting that have been pressed from pure powder usually synthesized by unofficial labs/homes? For example, would this alprazolam come from some illegal lab? The reason I'm asking is the other day I was thinking about O-desmethyltramadol and was wondering how it was made. One particular vendor supplies a racemate of (R,R) and (S,S) optical isomers, which is also the end product of one possible tramadol synthesis pathway. I don't know exactly what the pathway is as Wikipedia doesn't cite it and a quick search didn't amount to much. In any case, making O-desmethyltramadol would be very easy if bulk tramadol could be obtained, a simple deprotection reaction and you're good. On the other hand, starting from simple precursors would involve quite a few more steps.

hopefully this will help. if you go to a compounding pharmacy and tell them what you want (outside U.S. mostly far east and India) you can order most benzos in powder by the kilo. they charge well i cant say but you get it. you can do this online to but most are scams which i would stay away from. no most of the labs do this in their "off hours" as an alprazolam synth couldnt be done in your shed.

edit- this info came from a combo of old posts, a website no longer running buzz, and various tv shows so take it with a grain of tuinal.

Last edited:
Yes, a staggering number of illicitly pressed "xanax bars" circulate which, to varying degrees of success, replicate the real X|A|N|A|X bars, but are pressed in underground labs with Chinese ALP powder. You also see this with fake OCs that are fentanyl (potentially lethal), inter alia. There's a lot of this kind of fuckery that goes on these days. In some markets I'm quite sure the fake "bars" outnumber the real. And may of them are over-dosed in comparison to the 2mg bars, even when they are properly mixed and evenly dosed, which is scary.

They sell those Xanax pill presses on eBay.
You can get pretty much any of the RC benzos and make some "Xanax" with them.