• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin No Pre W/D with Suboxone

Chauncey3oh!3

Greenlighter
Hi,

I know most of the time that people react differently when taking suboxone but still wanted to ask opinions.

I was told by a couple different people that they know how to avoid precipitated withdrawals from taking suboxone closely after you've done heroin.

Simply put they claim that if you take the suboxone and follow it with another shot of heroin then you will no go into precipitated withdrawals...

any thoughts?

I've found, and I still don't do it too close, the best way other than waiting 18 hours+ is to take doses that start off tiny but escalate (and I mean like 100-200mcgs, then 200mcgs 15 mins later, 200 mcgs 15 minutes later, etc. while seeing if pupils get bigger or smaller.;

When you say doses, are you meaning doses of suboxone or heroin? I assume youre saying heroin. And can you explain the reason for observing pupil size? And what smaller or bigger pupils would indicate?

Small pupils: opiates
Large pupils: (precipitated) withdrawal

Sounds like a risky method, OP.
There are all kinds of drug urban myths out there; some have elements of truth, others have frightening implications if people were to trust their safety.

Hi,

I know most of the time that people react differently when taking suboxone but still wanted to ask opinions.

I was told by a couple different people that they know how to avoid precipitated withdrawals from taking suboxone closely after you've done heroin.

Simply put they claim that if you take the suboxone and follow it with another shot of heroin then you will no go into precipitated withdrawals...

any thoughts?

I very recently had an attempt to jump from heroin (2g/day) to suboxone, I waited 18 hours, in the past even only a 6 hour wait has always been fine, but this is the highest amount of daily heroin (2grams) I've tried jumping from. Within about 30min I went into excruciating PWD from the suboxone, about 4 hours after that I injected around 1gram of heroin, it removed most of the negative symptoms, although I still felt pretty shit (not like I would have without the suboxone).

edit: btw, the suboxone I took was an 8mg strip.

People need to stop going by hours when deciding to induct themselves onto suboxone from an addiction to heroin or pain meds. The way I've found to be true (and the length of time it takes is different every time this way) is to just wait until your body is in full blown withdraw. For most people it's like 8-24 hours usually til they start kickin? I just know if your habit is real heavy and you're using high amounts of high quality heroin, then a long binge on something like that would leave you feeling fine for at least 24 hours I'd guess, maybe more. That's how It was for me inducting myself onto suboxone after shooting heavy binges (doin 50 bags a day of Newark fire, sometimes even more).

If you wait til you're in real withdrawal to try to start yourself on suboxone, I guarantee you will never go through precipitated withdrawal.

I meant the subs in mcg doses to start- and that is once my pupils are at least fairly large. I've actually avoided going into BAD WD this way but it probably is not the safest method. But if in doubt start with very small doses and see how you feel- better or worse after each one. I also agree there is no magic time- pupil size has been my best indicator (provided you aren't taking stims as well).

Yes it does work. Take suboxone then wait 45mins to 60mins and have small shot. Only works for people taking less than 6mg of suboxone.

I would just wait till full blown withdrawal but I have some responsibilities that I need to take care of, which I know sounds funny but Im trying, Im trying. I want to kick this but don't want to be sick during meetings, and with New Years coming, I dont want to be sick while taking my girl out. So I'll wait some time, then take the suboxone and if and when I go into precip... ill take shots to minimize the discomfort but in doing so can I continue to take suboxone without negative effects?

With me ive had times where i could do some 12 hours after a shot but as my tolerance grew it took longer. i once waited 23 hours before taking sub, was in full throws of WD and the sub made it WORSE. However at that point after an hour it subsided and i was able to relax. In my experience the PW's last for about 45mins-hour before they pass if you wait a decent amount of time but never again will i take sub within 24 hours of my last shot. As for the dope after sub, ive had people tell me that they were able to get out of PW's by doing a large shot of dope shortly after going into PW. Never tried it myself but i trust the person who told me it worked for him. Might not work for everyone though so be careful and if possible wait 24 hours. 24 seems safe after dope.

I think the OP is asking if a dose of Suboxone could be chased rather closely with a shot of dope. The answer to that question lays in your brain chemistry and metabolism. For instance, when I was actively addicted to heroin, I would wake up around 10-12hrs from my last shot (cutting it close, but induction times are all about brain chemistry and genetics as well) and take 2-4mg sublingually in order to avoid the withdrawal between the 1-5hr's between how long it would reasonably take to get dope. Then even if I took the low dose of suboxone (to me anyways hehe) 1 hr before I had my shot cooked up and ready, I would use and get high. Mind you, I realize the high might have been slightly diminished, but whatever I was going so hard back then that I had enough D to waste a lil lol. My other friend could take 2mg and not get high (but still get sick) for 2-3days... Fun times.... NOT..

Anyways, induction times as everyone stated, vary. The biggest variables are your individual metabolism (if your straw-skinny you dont have to wait as long as if you're Roseanne Barr), and the opioid tolerance that you have. So if you shoot 100$ or more worth of good H you'd have to wait longer than if you use 2-4 dime bags a day, because morphine [heroin's main metabolite] has a 3hour half life, but if you abuse the living shit out of H, like 100-200$ a day, doing shots every couple hrs, then the morphine can still accumulate slightly leading to a longer wait.

General consensus is around 18 hours, I've never seen or met anyone (but have heard stories on the net of this happening) going through precip w/d's at 16hrs - but under 16hr'a is uncharted territory that you would have to discover if the risk is worth 10x the pain you're already in.

Hi,

any thoughts?
You are right if you do a sub 1st and the heroin after ,all the sub will do is block the heroin, but if your high on heroin and take a sub while your still high or before you get sick, you'll go into Precipitated withdrawal.