Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(2-CB ~166mg) moderately experienced: Be really careful

ScroogeMcDuck57

Bluelighter
Believing it to be mdma, I insulfated a 3rd of a half gram bag of 2-CB powder (approximately 166 mg) at my home early one morning several weeks ago. The result was terrifying. In about 30 minutes, I thought that my mind was broken and that I was experiencing every type of crisis at once.

For example, in my mind, a plane crash had happened next to me, I had been arrested by police, and I had hurt someone somehow. I perceived the world was going through some catastrophe as was I, but also not at the same time, and I didn't know which. It was paralyzing me with fear. I think, I stood for most of the experience against the wall seperating my kitchen from the dinning room, nude, with all the lights off, clutching my genitals.

After awhile, I was convinced that I had been this separated from reality for my entire life, and that I would always be experiencing this fear and insanity. Possibly, I had been put in some home or ward a long time ago and was only now realizing it. Everything was a mind fuck. Every time I tried to use a train of thought to stay calm and relax it only led to more panic and anxiety.

One thing that stood out to me was, the occasional appearance of a Jed Clampet type character who would put his face very close to mine and say, "that's a humdinger" and "stuck like a mule in shit". I don't know what that means. I think I may have been staring into a mirror and didn't recognize myself or something.

I later experienced some convoluted social concept of "doing a thing, but not really, but really" all in my head. Sort of like that Little Britain sketch with the school girl who talks incessantly except it was me in every role of life I found distasteful and gross.

My self image at this point was extremely warped and sad. I thought I was being cool and ended up dying in an embarrassing way. I kept smelling glue for some reason as well. I have no glue in my house. I passed out about 8 hours after I took the dose.

I continued having auditory hallucinations for the next couple of days. The worst of which was the following morning when I believed that I heard my boss in my living room waiting for me to come out of my bedroom so he could tell me I was fired. He wasn't of course, and the ensuing nights thinking burglars were lurking outside my window were mere paranoia.

Eventually, I recovered all my faculties and am mentally as well as I ever have been. A subsequent vacation to a tropical island helped a lot. I have used 2-CB in smaller doses before and since with much more pleasant results.

Last edited:
that sounds so intense

For example, in my mind, a plane crash had happened next to me, I had been arrested by police, and I had hurt someone somehow. I perceived the world was going through some catastrophe as was I, but also not at the same time, and I didn't know which. It was paralyzing me with fear.

reminds me of my really high dose LSD trip. I kept seeing really vivid episodic visions of things like getting arrested or going into a frenzy and hurting someone that were contradicting eachother so I really couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't.

Excuse me for lauging it's very recognizable as a schizophrenic.

Did you know before you snorted it that a dose that large of 2C-x, when snorted, could be fatal? Why take so much?

That's WAY WAY WAY too much 2C-B, and snorting it just makes everything worse with 2C-x.

Excuse me for lauging it's very recognizable as a schizophrenic.

once you're tripping so hard you can barely speak or remember your name or anything that's happened in the past five minutes, and you start seeing extremely vivid visions of crazy storylines playing out in your head that you can't distinguish from reality-- its hardly laughable, but I at least intentionally dosed and was able to have a really good trip with no comedown.

Scrooge you should probably make it more clear you didn't intentionally dose that much for harm reduction reasons.

it's definitely a pretty laughable story but goddamn it would be terrifying if I thought I was snorting MDA and snorted 2c-b on accident.

Did you know before you snorted it that a dose that large of 2C-x, when snorted, could be fatal? Why take so much?

That's WAY WAY WAY too much 2C-B, and snorting it just makes everything worse with 2C-x.

I didn't believe I had snorted 2-CB until it was too late. I am aware that it can be lethal at higher doses. I distinctly remember fighting to keep breathing and not give in. I did not intend to take this trip. But it is what it is

Is there a source that references this as a fatal dose?

I didn't believe I had snorted 2-CB until it was too late. I am aware that it can be lethal at higher doses. I distinctly remember fighting to keep breathing and not give in. I did not intend to take this trip. But it is what it is

How are you aware it is lethal? I have been searching for any source that reflects what the lethal dose, if any, is.

Fair play. I don't know that to be a fact. I'm basing that assumption off of advice I've heard from others and a general warning about certain 2-cx rcs that they can deplete your serotonin that I've read from credible online sources.

What I really meant to say was that I'm aware that it's really negligent to insulfate that much of 2-CB at once.

This is a quote from the 2-CB entry in PihKal

"There have been reports of several overdoses that prove the intrinsic safety of this compound. Prove is used here in the classic British sense; i.e., to challenge."

Last edited:
Thanks for your report ScroogeMcDuck57, it looks pretty intense. You are lucky it was 2C-B and not something else, as it could be potentially fatal.

I hope you are already feeling completely back to baseline :)

Thanks for your report ScroogeMcDuck57, it looks pretty intense. You are lucky it was 2C-B and not something else, as it could be potentially fatal.

I hope you are already feeling completely back to baseline :)

Im feeling great and back to normal. I'm running out of obscure drugs to report on. I don't think a report about LSD or blow would be very interesting or helpful. What would you suggest?

really reminds me of my od on iv 25c-nbome. (unknown amount, just whatever was left in an empty bag of powder - note: was barely in control due to benzos at the time)

Couldn't see. was just engulfed in hallucinations / delusions / paranoia and absolute terror. Very bad memory loops, an awful feeling like my soul had died.

Believing everyone I knew was coming to see me and police / ambulance were on their way to get me.

My entire consciousness became brain zaps for a short period. Electrical signals from my brain jolting down to my leg as if it were a big lightning bolt.

Believing I was about to die gripping on to life in a black void as if at the end of the universe and/or really in a hospital where they were considering letting me die. Me then going through a loop of my mum's voice saying "maybe we should just let him die" , me thinking "okay.." then IMMEDIATELY realising I didn't want to die and immediately shouting "NO!". This looped for a while.

I couldn't even form one conscious thought let alone a sentence. I felt like a big retarded playdoh doll.

Everything then stopped for 10 seconds and I thought I was dead. There was just nothing but my visual field with no hallucinations whatsoever.

Then everything turned to EXTREMELY euphoric / stimulating (laughing / crying). It was horrible as I was still very delusional, I thought I'd won something some grand prize. That I was going to be better than anyone ever lived. All the previous loops and hallucinations were there but in a euphoric way.

The worst of it was over in 30-60 minutes I guess. Was delusional until the next day. I slept about 4 hrs after injecting as I was extremely fatigued.

This 2c-b report sounds more difficult to handle psychologically. Mine was just chaos and confusion.

Glad your okay. I am also mentally fine after this.

I think my SERE training helped a lot. One would think we wouldn't do physedelics again, but I'm going to say you, like I, continue to expand our consciousness via chemical means.