• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Lets talk Quentin Tarantino !!!

Speed King

Bluelighter
My man Quentin Tarantino has put out so much classic film. I enjoy all his work, the cast that shows up in a lot of films. Let me start off by saying Pulp Fiction was my first . Saw that at the theatre and it had an effect on how I view movies. One of my favorite movies, period. I plan on seeing The Hateful Eight, but will only say good or bad, or little things that don't give up the story too much. It's not in wide enough release to discuss. Everything else is open season. Quentin has said that his worst movie was Death Race. I like it a lot. Discuss.

Last edited:
he is the man! i have watched QT films countless times over and over. He never disappointed, Im sure new film will be good

I agree. Listen to this shit. I went to buy ticket and it was sold out :( . Fuck it, I'll see it later. I'll just watch Kill Bill or something.

For some reason the first time I see any of his movies I think they're only decent. Maybe it's because they've usually been hyped up by the time I see them or I expected something different, not sure. Every time I gave one a second watch I found it much more enjoyable. The only movie I liked the first time around was Kill Bill. I've seen all of his movies multiple times, the only one that I've seen twice is Jackie Brown. I'm surprised it's not shown on TV that much.

Aside from intriguing story lines his movies usually have some really memorable characters. I think Leo's role as owner of the Candy Plantation in Django Unchained and Waltz's Colonel Hans Landa from Inglorious Basterds are two of my favorite bad guys. I found Landa especially creepy.

I think the best way to end this is with a quote from Ezekiel 25:17:
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I just thought it was some cold-blooded shit to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass.

Saw the Hateful Eight (in 70mm) yesterday but I don't feel like making a new thread.

he is the man! i have watched QT films countless times over and over. He never disappointed, Im sure new film will be good

I'd consider myself a Tarantino fan, but have been disappointed a few times. I wasn't a fan of the Kill Bill series at all, and Death Proof, well...

Aside from the occasional blunder here and there, he's remained a pretty solid and consistent filmmaker over the last few decades. Like Carl L though, the first time I see any of his films I'm left feeling somewhat unimpressed. I don't find the films good nor bad really, until I see them a second or third time. For instance, I wasn't initially thrilled with Inglorious Basterds, but I've seen it several times now and love the film.

I gave Hateful Eight a watch last week, and pretty much walked away from it feeling as though I'd gotten exactly what I had expected. Nothing spectacular, but not bad overall. Maybe after a couple more viewings it'll grow on me like Basterds did.

Pulp Fiction and True Romance still remain as a pair of my favorite films.

good man!

"pulp fiction, reservoir dogs, django, inglorious bastards" are all classics in my book. :eek:

i'm yet to see "hateful 8" but will do asap :D.

I believe pulp fiction was one of the first movies i watched while high on marijuana. I loved it!, especially the scene where Vincent shoots up heroin, that was the peak of my trip.

He's definitely one the most underrated, over rated, directors/writers of all time.

jackie brown > pulp fiction

#fightinwords

Reservoir Dogs is one of my top ten favorite movies. All of his movies are timeless and you can watch them again and again and just seem to love them even more. Anyone heard anything about Hateful eight or seen it yet? I am getting ready to watch Jackie Brown, one if his films that I actually have not seen.

pulp fiction made me high the first time, but it has some faults. jackie brown is perfect.

Apparently he's also been sued for copyright infringement with Django Unchained.

Quentin Tarantino has been sued by a father and son writing duo who accused him of copyright infringement over his hit 2012 movie Django Unchained.
The 52-year-old filmmaker was named as a defendant along with The Weinstein Company and Columbia Pictures, according to an article on Wednesday by Variety.
The lawsuit was filed on December 24 in federal court in Washington DC by Oscar Colvin, Jr., and his son Torrance J. Colvin.

The Colvins allege the defendants infringed on their screenplay Freedom and cited what they claimed were extensive similarites to Tarantino's script.
Tarantino wrote the screenplay and directed Django Unchained and it became his highest-grossing film with more than $425 million at the worldwide box office.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ng-duo-claim-stole-plot-Django-Unchained.html

I doubt it. I think he is creative enough to come up with that on his own. Tried seeing Hateful Eight, but time was too late. Still going to see it. Want to make up own mind on how good it was or wasn't. I'm just getting more excited to see it.

Jackie Brown is one of my favorite movies of all time. Pam Grier was awesome, and still stunningly charismatic/beautiful despite her old age. De Niro was in the best, yet most understated role I've ever seen him in. actually, I would say the whole movie was a bit understated. and that's why it's so brilliant; for once Tarantino scaled himself down a bit!

Wasn't Tarantino also accused of stealing from some Chinese movie for Reservoir Dogs?

Isn't Star Wars just an interstellar rehashing of The Hidden Fortress?

^correct

Jackie Brown is one of my favorite movies of all time. Pam Grier was awesome, and still stunningly charismatic/beautiful despite her old age. De Niro was in the best, yet most understated role I've ever seen him in. actually, I would say the whole movie was a bit understated. and that's why it's so brilliant; for once Tarantino scaled himself down a bit!

i wish QT would work with more book adaptations like this one

This Summer....

A Film By Quentin Tarantino....

Starring Samuel L. Jackson.

Tim Roth.

And himself....

BIG SUR