• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is low dose amanita a worthwhile benzo substitute?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
If I were to use lower, sub-psychedelic doses of amanita, would this be a feasible temporary substitute for benzos? For example, could I take it during a panic attack?

There has got to be better substitutes than A. Muscaria. Wouldn't alcohol or Kava be more likely to satisfy the receptors that are left longing? I wouldn't be suggesting anything remotely psychedelic for panic attacks, even at threshold or sub- threshold doses.

I'm not a fan of alcohol personally (I think I may be bad at breaking it down as I get hangovers 1-3 hours after consumption) and for some reason I'm resistant to Kava. I tried getting some kavalactone pills, and one day I ate an entire package of them and felt nothing. So I went to the powder, and again had little success. It helped to calm me down a bit during an acid trip, but I had to drink more than I could stand on a regular basis before it did anything. I'm not saying kava doesn't work, but i suppose have a naturally high tolerance to it for some reason. I already drink chamomile, and I've tried most of the other anxiety herbs (valerian, skullcap, ect.) but I'm looking for something a bit stronger.

I've heard that there has been a history of people using low dose amanita as an alcohol substitute. I think it's at least worth a shot if nothing else.