• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos how to not appear intoxicated?

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So I just came into contact with a about 7 of the 2mg klonopins. I just took 3mg but afraid to dose more since the people I live with can't know I do drugs. And i usually end up getting sloppy and blacking out, etc. Any ways I can be high on these without other people knowing?

So I just came into contact with a about 7 of the 2mg klonopins. I just took 3mg but afraid to dose more since the people I live with can't know I do drugs. And i usually end up getting sloppy and blacking out, etc. Any ways I can be high on these without other people knowing?

Make sure close eye to eye contact won't happen. Knowing Christmas is tomorrow, you may have problems doing this... Just avoid letting people see your pupils, and try to not to get too high or you'll be itchy as fuck.

I didn't take any opiates I took clonazepam, a benzo. I'm worried I'm gonna redose to much since these lower your inhibition. It would be a nightmare showing up to Christmas with the family all benzod out. Im actually at 4mg now, I have a slight tolerance to benzos if that matters

I am sorry, I had a brain fart. yeah with benzos you're gonna need to be careful, and not to say anything stupid. I have a low tolerance and whenever I use those something goes wrong for me.

They won't get you high.
Benzos are notorious for making you do dumb things.

Yet they are also often so subtle that you don't realise you're stumbling, slurring, telling people things you shouldn't - and all manner of bad drugged behaviour that you might not notice, but others are likely to.

Seriously, i'm speaking from experience here - chasing a high from benzos, whilst trying to present as "sober" is an exercise in futility, on both fronts.
I'd recommend not taking any more - and stay away from alcohol!

One of the only times my mother actually suspected me of being fucked up/ asked me "did you take something? You look high" was when I was on kpin lol. A therapeutic dose too, only 2 mgs. Apparently my eyelids were droopy as hell and I was probably slurring some of my words.

I thought I was doing fine though. That's the bad thing about benzos sometimes, is that you think you're playing everything off fine and "derp no one knows I'm on drugs!" When in reality it's probably blatantly obvious.

I third that.
When I was addicted to benzos I took them like candy sometimes and thought i'm Doing fine but was told i appeared out of it and did stupid things which i had no recollection of.

More than any other drug, benzos are completely impossible to pretend to be sober on. You'll think you're acting normal. But you're not. I wouldn't do benzos recreationally around people who can't know I'm high.

Lol. The only time I've been questioned too was when throwing a xanax into the mix! You don't realize that your lids are heavy and u have a slight slur. Dont even attempt a social glass of wine! Then you will really be done!

^
yes alcohol + benzos is a good way to end up in handcuffs or worse..

Don't drink alcohol, say you're tired,done.
There are many drugs with which it's more difficult

Don't drink alcohol, say you're tired,done.
There are many drugs with which it's more difficult

Your best bet is to stay away from unsympathetic people. The end.

More than any other drug, benzos are completely impossible to pretend to be sober on. You'll think you're acting normal. But you're not. I wouldn't do benzos recreationally around people who can't know I'm high.

and this! I never think I'm intoxicated on benzos until I wake up the next day with no memory of the latter part of the nights events and strange consequences to face.

I find that benzos and opiates give me a dry mouth, hence me slurring, a drink on hand will help with that. well i hope it does to be constantly sipping on something. Nothing you can do about the eyes though, and im a massive benzo user. Also in case youre wobbly keep sitting down lol. :) (not alcohol I meant!):)

If it's for anxiety take a kpin or a xan like 2-3 hours before a Christmas gathering so ur not peaking heavy off em, that way most of the drugs already motabilized, and u still have all the sedative effects but not so much a road block in your head, as benzo will do to u, wait till the half life to go anywhere and socialize, I'm perscribed 1mg Ativan and I take a good 4 mg 2-4 hours before I go anywhere(social anxiety) because if I didn't I'd look like Tony Montana at the end of scar face when he could barely walk??

The first mistake was already taking that much. 3 or even 4mg of Clonazepam is a high dose and even if you don't feel like it, as everyone has already stated, you will appear obviously intoxicated on such a high Benzo-dose. Even with a small tolerance.
0,5-1mg could be fine in that kind of circumstances but no more and of course no alcohol.

Even if you do not seem to be on something, your behaviour on Benzos can say it all: The anti-anxiety effects cause loss of inhibitions and thus acting like a drunk person, for example telling things you normally would not etc.

I know it is too late but for future references you should only take very low doses in such situations and avoid any alcohol.

I once was on a medium dose of Ativan (2mg) and went to buy furniture with some friends. They immediately asked what was wrong with me when we met to drive to the IKEA and I wasn't slurring or nodding etc. just behaving like a disinhibited asshole and I am normally a very friendly and relaxed person.

If the people know you, they will recognize it. Especially with such unnecessary high doses.