• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

subutex and opiates

illphills215

Greenlighter
i have had trouble getting a direct answer and dont like sifting thru millions of posts. A friend got subutex. They took 32 mg over 2 1/2 days. They want to take oxycodone. Its been roughly 3 days since last sub dose. Are they going to feel the full effect? Before taking subs, they only took 60-80mg oxycodone a day. On day 2 of subs, they took 30mg hydrocodone after 12 hours from last dose and felt nothing. Now that its over 72 hours, they should feel the oxy correct? I know it varies, but they usually get things out of their system fairly fast

U should be good at 72hrs
32mgs of sub? Damned Man U can block an intersection with all that lol

well it was like 8, then 12 hours later, 8, etc etc. lol. Definitely wasnt feeling sick at all

All the reports I hear of people taking 16 or 32mg of suboxone a day blows my mind! I think people really misunderstand the "less is more" concept with bupre. I'm coming off a pretty heavy heroin habit and have honestly found in week 3 that 4mg is plenty, maybe 8mg at most! Even two was enough to get by when I was waiting for the pharmacy to restock

i hear you. could have went with less, but that was to the point where it wasnt just waiting to get by, it actually had him feeling pretty good in the meantime. ive made a 8mg strip last 5 days just taking a little piece a day

Huh, I was of the impression that once you had a certain tolerance to opiates, no amount of subutex would get you "high." If so, that's interesting to know. I've never really been in a situation where I couldn't get my drug of choice, but it would certainly be better for my health - and wallet - if I could be satisfied just with the subs. Plus, I'm constantyl in fear of failing drug tests when I go to my sub doctor. He's threatened to switch me to methadone more than once, which I absolutely don't want!

Don't get me wrong, I want to be clean of the opiates, but it's a hard mistress to quit when so readily available...