Bluelighter
Main Entry: cokehead dance
Pronunciation: 'deek heeds(), 'd[ee']k(head)s
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): shirtless; looking-silly
Etymology: Middle English homosexual, from Old French see'that'pooftee
Date: 20th century
intransitive senses
1 : to engage in or perform a dance without shirt while simulating masturbation with both hands
2 : to move or seem to move up and down or about in a quick or lively manner to excite fellow members at
a club in similar (lack of) attire
transitive senses
1 : to perform or take part in as a dancer who has attractions to other males with their shirt off
2 : to cause to dance in a manner so you will scare off raver type of people
3 : to bring into a specified condition by dancing in a manner that will look silly to others who feel they
know what dancing is but you will feel on the inside, A GOD
- coke·able /'co(k)-e&-b&l/ adjective
- cokehead·dancing noun
History: The actual dance termed as 'cokehead' begun sometime during the 1980s in the British Gay Club
Scene. Whilst party goers would listen to artists like Boy George in clubs that were extremely hot., they
would take their shirts off because they could not stand the hot temperatures associated with the night
clubs. Eventually after a few months of this, the idea of getting 2 fellow party goers to remove their pants
and dance next to the shirtless dancer. The shirtless dancer would then begin to masturbate the other 2
dancers in a semi-trance rhythmic way onto the cheering and joy of other patrons at the clubs.

Many years
this was contained only in the gay club scene in Britain until one Entrepreneur decided that this could
make him money. He slowly brought the dance into mainstream 'rave culture' and saw the potential of the many
muzzas to remove their shirts and be coated in body oil. This young Entrepreneur started to open a string
of body oil shops in Britain in each of the night club 'hot spots'. News spread like wildfire on how cool a new hot dance had been started and part of it was coating your torso in oil. Needless to say, the Entrepeneur made millions. The dance was very similar to it's Gay
club counterpart as where, the shirtless dancer would dance with his hands moving up and down (usually
holding glowsticks) in a way that looks like he is masturbating 2 invisible people next to himself. The gay
scene once seeing this hitting mainstream dance clubs, simply let their original dance dwindle down into
nothingness as it was not 'cool' anymore since it being 'too mainstream'.

England being as it is with it's
attitude of "No sex please, we're British", did not want the fact that this dance originated from a gay night
scene. Several 'pillheads' were exported from Britain to other countries to popularise this dance in all
countries. The knowledge of the origins of the 'cokehead dance' soon disappeared as many simply did not
care to how it happened, just that they could goto a gym, take some steroids, slap on the oil and go
clubbing with their friends all doing the same dance that is not too hard for them to co-ordinate their legs
AND arms at the same time. Many smaller, non muscle bound dancers felt intimated by these people and decided to spread rumours that the shirtless dancers were on cocaine due to them not realising how stupid they looked and simply did not care. Hence 'cokehead dance'. Before this, most muscle bound night club goers were bound just to the role
of 'bouncer' as they would be laughed off the dance floor for having poor co-ordination and moves.

*note* I did do a similar definition like this a long time ago, but it has been lost and I thought it was high time I did a new one. Mainly because I am hung over at work and couldn;t concentrate on work stuff.

and example is here

Last edited:
Cokehead dancing is a lot more intricate than we give it credit for. There are lots of variations on the hand movements of muzzas as they wave their glowsticks around.

Sometimes cokeheads attempt to make contact with other species too. For example the story I heard of a cokehead going up to a raver at TwoTribes and asking if he wanted a "lightshow". When told no, said cokehead proceeded to give said raver a lightshow anyway.

hehehee lol
i have a photo or mr mirage, mr apollo and plaz the man doing the cokehead dance ;) Dam that was a funny weekend boys

good stuff wazza thanx for the history lesson I never knew the history behind those coke head dancers.

The

Its funny because its true.

But in the cokehead defence, have you ever tried to scare a raver? Its fun. Especially when you walk up to one of them and plain as day, take there bottle of water or drink off them. What can they do when a 100kg brick shithouse of a man is standing there and your peaking? Not much I'd expect.

cokehead dancing: just take a look at the people in either dcms or nv. they cant dance to save themselves.

Well done wazza, *claps*.

no offence to those ppl who like to feel like god, but fuck i hate cokeheads

Energizer: thats not funny dude! its soooo such a cokehead trick to play on someone but hey?

NB: the "coke head" dancers have given this dance (coke head dance) a different name so that they feel good about them selves and not shirtless......well i will not say any thing cos i've been on the receving end of the "coke head fist"

the name that they give the dance is.....wait for it.......

THE FOREARM SHUFFLE!!!!!

that is fucken right they have taken the marvellous word shuffle and abused it, made it suffer and used it for there own evil needs.

you ask how i know this..........
yep i used to work in a culb in melb that catered for the coke head dancers every fucken sat.....and still do as far as i know.

(yep thats right the same place as bass station)

I don't know ,call me old fashioned ,but on the rare occasions I do have coke...I like to fuck ,not dance.=D

I remember the original cokehead definition like it was yesterday, damn near wet myself when I read it the first time.

OT: I wrote a cokehead anagram sometime ago that was a tribute to our be-lov-ed wazza.

"Dude, That huge bad-ass rail of coke is going to make you want to dance" OR "Gangway! Idiot goes out and fakes hot masturbation. Elude cockhead."

When I first looked at this thread's topic I pictured a cokehead beefy over-sized bouncers trying to be a "cool dancer" but they are too bulky to make any movements.