• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

jammin83

Bluelighter
Episode VII opening tonight.

Gotta admit, I'm kinda pumped. =D

The-Resistance-Star-Wars-7-Force-Awakens-X-Wing.jpg

I'm kinda hyped but not really. The prequels really killed a lot of flavor to the whole thing, and the whole Trek reboot was a bit subpar for me. I guess they can't be any worse than the prequels.

The merchandising tho. Holy shit. I'm starting to look at toys at Walmart and Star Wars oranges or something.

Im pretty excited too. Everything Ive read or seen has been pretty positive. And I personally feel the trailers and what I know of the story and characters seems awesome. Im no die-hard but I actually plan on going to the theater for this one, which generally I dont do.

Very deep Feminist propaganda this film is. - Master Yoda

Where do I begin? Remember how Luke got his ass kicked on Tattoine? Not Rey! She’s beating up multiple men with her staff. Remember how Luke could barely keep up with the training remote even with Obi-wan right there training him? Not Rey! She’s able to not only use the jedi mind trick despite zero knowledge of the force……and apparently is good enough to beat Kylo Ren saber to saber despite, as I said, Kylo being trained. She actually beats him….soundly. Did I mention she can fly the Millennium Falcon? Fix it? AND tell Han Solo what he’s doing wrong? Did I mention she’s treating Finn like he’s dumb while she repairs the Falcon? Did I mention she has only just discovered the force and is able to probe Kylo Ren’s mind?

Remember when Han give her the blaster and she says she can ‘handle’ herself? She forgets to take the safety off.

Toward the end of the movie, Han Solo dies. Then we get the final kick in the nuts. She sits in his seat in the cockpit of the Falcon while they fly off to find Luke.

Immensely disappointed with this film. I honestly thought the lead was gonna go to Finn, but as we all know, blacks never get the lead, especially when they're competing with a strong and independent White woman.

Fuck JJ douchbag!

This movie is NOT Star Wars, it's Feminist Wars.

The dark side has completely taken over now. God help us.

Oh shit a woman as a lead character?

Feminazis.

I haven't seen it yet. Will give proper review once I've seen it.

The prequels were pretty terrible, although I may hold a highly unpopular opinion that Episode III was one of the best in the entire series.

I thought it was a great dose of nostalgia for this semi-casual fanboy. Left me wanting more. It felt like a Star Wars movie.

Where do I begin? Remember how Luke got his ass kicked on Tattoine? Not Rey! She’s beating up multiple men with her staff. Remember how Luke could barely keep up with the training remote even with Obi-wan right there training him? Not Rey! She’s able to not only use the jedi mind trick despite zero knowledge of the force……and apparently is good enough to beat Kylo Ren saber to saber despite, as I said, Kylo being trained. She actually beats him….soundly. Did I mention she can fly the Millennium Falcon? Fix it? AND tell Han Solo what he’s doing wrong? Did I mention she’s treating Finn like he’s dumb while she repairs the Falcon? Did I mention she has only just discovered the force and is able to probe Kylo Ren’s mind?

Remember when Han give her the blaster and she says she can ‘handle’ herself? She forgets to take the safety off.

Toward the end of the movie, Han Solo dies. Then we get the final kick in the nuts. She sits in his seat in the cockpit of the Falcon while they fly off to find Luke.

Immensely disappointed with this film. I honestly thought the lead was gonna go to Finn, but as we all know, blacks never get the lead, especially when they're competing with a strong and independent White woman.

Fuck JJ douchbag!

This movie is NOT Star Wars, it's Feminist Wars.

The dark side has completely taken over now. God help us.

I purposely did not read any reviews or anything regarding the movie and was so disappointed to come to this same conclusion.

Does everyone remember the swarms of women staying in line for days to watch the last run of star wars movies?
Oh wait thats right most women don't like star wars
Star Wars was always a movie that I would not watch with women because I felt like I was torturing them, zero fun, now they basically gave them the keys to the kingdom...

I'm actually shocked that Bruce Jenner didn't have some huge yoda like role as that would have completed the modern day politically correct feces sandwich that this movie crams down your throat with a stick, there's always episode 8...

I wouldn't expect ladies to buy into a male lead in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants I think this was pretty far fetched for so many reasons.

Last edited:
Where to start...

I totally understand where G&L and dave are coming from. I kind of liked it, but after some thought, I kind of hated it. Totally disney'd. Apparently star wars is for kiddies anymore. Better than 1 or 2 but that's not saying much.

5/10

Will expand later. but yeah, hope they find a new director for the next one. JJ loves action, but nothing ever seems to really happen.

Yeah, I tried really hard to ignore this as I knew it would be attempted..

It has nothing to really do with a female been the lead character, I have zero issue with that. It's how it's executed throughout the film, there's some subtle lines but then some very obvious scenes. If the film was it's own standalone movie separate from the star wars franchise then sure, but I got the feeling the story was heavily modified to fit in certain agendas. It still has nothing on the new Mad Max though.. jesus christ that was hilarious.

Aside from that, I thought the film as a whole was average.. there were too many cliché scenes and it felt very rushed and recycled.

enjoyed it. i thought it looked and felt like a star wars movie. i think they introduced a few characters with little detail (snoke?) but i understand this is the first of a new trilogy and i don't expect to be spoon-fed plot immediately.

i am a guy and i didn't feel at all threatened by the female characters in this movie the way some respondents in this thread were :)

some of the set pieces were a little lazy - especially at the end when they destroyed the starkiller base in a very familiar manner.

the little details were great - i especially liked kylo ren's lightsabre.

looking forward to the next part.

alasdair

The cam rip thats floating out there is shorter than the actual movie in theatre fyi. There's a lot of lead up shots that are cut in the cam version.

Is it really surprising that a bunch of male, mouth breathing neck beards have their ewok panties in a knot because the lead is a kick arse woman? I'm just glad that the hero for once isn't an annoying whinger who is so beta that they are gathering dust in a shed with the 8 track collection.

Do we need reminding how much of a loser Luke was back on tattoine, with no friends before he got a pity kiss from his sister? Then we have adolescent Anakin who was so gloomy and moany that only George Lucas knows what Padma ever saw attractive in him.

Rey survives by herself in a hostile environment, abseiling and honing her staff skills by beating up every goon who looks at her sideways.

NSFW:
During the flash backs when she was called by Luke's sabre, you do see snippets of Luke training what looks like padawans in a somewhat Jedi academy. It is reasonable to presume that a very young Rey may have been exposed to the force before she was abandoned

My daughter has nunchuck and staffs on her bedroom wall and I definitely don't hear her complaining about watching a strong female lead kicking arse and saving the Galaxy.

Cons:
Excessive rehashing and retreading.
The criminal underutilization of Captain Phasma and Poe Dameron.
Those horrible cgi octopus things.
The entire R2D2 plot device bullshit.

Pros:
The first 20-30 minutes. Those first scenes were fucking awesome.
The First Order.
Kylo Ren.
Rey.
The overall visual and emotional impact of the film.
The last scene.

anyone else was also a total dork in the 90s and was into the Star Wars expanded universe? is it just me, or did this movie borrow heavily from that now disregarded canon?

Young Jedi Knights it seemed it borrow from more than anything

I was down with it all except I felt the replay of the father son drama failed.

Also the new lead jedi girl is beautiful.

NSFW:

G&L considering you obviously did not come with a tree there is no surprise seeing you prancing around outa yours.

Women are amazing and certainly deserve every right a man enjoys, aside from the ones God fkd them on.. like a tube that allows a quick convinant piss. God may also know why women were so intent on voting and working. The first being a pointless rite to willingly participate in a pagent of futility and the latter pridefully consenting to be anothers bitch and to be required to sell their lives away for their daily penuts. Even being fully behind women and equal rights its impossible not to recognize that we all kinda got screwed in this deal. Now the greedy overloards seem to be getting two for the price of one and even though we slave that much harder I propose that our overall quality of life dropped. Now we are all in the rat race people? Fuck raising kids and our quality of existance as the purpose and meaning of life is to work our asses off.

Last edited:
I still think that 4 people overrated this movie just a bit, 5 stars?
As in this is one of the best movies ever made?

i had high expectations of phasma, since abrams talked up christie's performance in the lead up. her lack of screentime was my biggest disappointment. great enjoyment otherwise, 4/5

I still think that 4 people overrated this movie just a bit, 5 stars?
As in this is one of the best movies ever made?

One of the best movies ever made in terms of being a sequel, and the fact that it was pretty good even given the hype and expectation. In context, I'd say so yes.

Is it as good as 2001? No, but I think its comparable to the original series, maybe not so much A New Hope but more Empire.