Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Amazon Fire TV Stick with Kodi (Netflix Killer)

ArCi

Bluelighter
Anyone else have a fire stick? 10000x better than Netflix

You should probably go buy one right now for $40 if you like movies and tv shows. I can teach you how to put Kodi on your fire TV for free and you'll gain access to every single movie and TV show that has ever been made(even movies still in theaters). You'll also have access to pretty much every single channel, so you can watch any live TV.. Including every sports game.

HD links for TV shows are usually available about 2 hours after a show airs.

The whole process can be done in about 15 minutes. Having cable and Netflix is useles once you have a fire stick

I see people selling these for $75 with Kodi on them for people that are to lazy.. It's so easy to do it yourself

you have my interest. so I just gotta drop $40 on the stick, and you'll help with the rest?

as far as sports go - do they have by any chance foreign (non American) sports up, as well? what about ads - you just gotta skip by em??

Well could you explain how all this works? PM I guess if that's what you're doing here.

When you say movies in theaters you are referring to the cams/possible screeners that are available in torrents and on torrent linking websites already right?

So what's this Kodi thing all about? Does it just like allow you to download torrents on you're amazon fire or something? I'm pretty interested in this but the way you're talking is suspect?

You:
"
You should probably go buy one right now for $40 if you like movies and tv shows. I can teach you how to put Kodi on your fire TV for free and you'll gain access to every single movie and TV show that has ever been made(even movies still in theaters). "

taken from kodi website :
"
Kodi® (formerly known as XBMC™) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center."
"
So Kodi is already free. I feel like you've found something that might be good but maybe you don't fully understand your software or aren't explaining it properly. Anyway I'm very interested, especially since you say you have like every TV channel live streamed? There's been pirated streams of TV chanels for sports games that have been around on acestream/sopcast and the like, but they got cracked down mostly.

Could you link me to wherever you found out about this whole set up.

Also is it really that much better than downloading pirated material and watching it on your TV with an HDMI cable? Are you exagerating what you actually have?

"You should probably go buy one right now for $40 if you like movies and tv shows."
*chuckles*
=D

Not trying to be a dick. My initial impression is that you're new new or somewhat unfamiliar with pirating. Sounds like a cool set up though.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Being able to sit back with only a remote to watch media is always the best.

Cheers

Sometimes I have so many options of movies to watch that I spend so long searching through that I can't make a decision and just end up watching TV

you have my interest. so I just gotta drop $40 on the stick, and you'll help with the rest?

as far as sports go - do they have by any chance foreign (non American) sports up, as well? what about ads - you just gotta skip by em??

Yes sir. NO ADS AT ALL. Here is how you do it… Follow these exact steps. Let me know if you run into any problems.

1. Before you do anything you’re going to want to make an Amazon account on your PC. (Trust me it is A LOT faster.)
2. Download the Amazon Fire TV Remote app on your smartphone so you can use a keyboard while typing (Again, makes things MUCH faster.) Just turn on the app when you have your firestick/TV on and it will automatically pick it up (Your phone and Fire TV stick have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.)

How to add Kodi to your FireStick:
1. Click Settings > System > Developer Options. TURN ON Apps from unknown sources.
2. Go back to the main menu. Click Search. Type in the search box ES File Explorer. Download it.
3. Open ES File Explorer. Press the back button on your remote a few times to skip through the tutorial.
4. Once you have ES File Explorer open, under the ‘Favorite’ menu, click Add.
5. In the Path: textbox enter http://kodi.tv/download (Type it EXACTLY like that including the http).
6. In the Name: textbox enter Kodi
7. Click Add.
8. Scroll down your favorite list and select the newly added link to Kodi
9. Kodi’s download page should open. Select the ARM link under the Android section.
odTvuoZ.jpg

10. Press the select button on your remote to begin downloading Kodi.
11. Once Kodi has finished downloading, select Open File.
12. Select Install.
13. Select Install again.

How to open Kodi app on your FireStick:
1. At the main menu Click Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi
(This is how you have to open up Kodi every time)

How to add SuperRepo to Kodi on your FireStick:

SuperRepo is basically a collection of add-ons all in one so you don’t have to do these same steps for each add-on individually. (Saving you a lot of time). Here is how you do it.
1. With Kodi open, go to System > File Manager > Add Source
2. In the field that says <None> enter http://srp.nu/ (Enter it EXACTLY how it is typed.)
3. Click Done.
4. Enter the name SuperRepo. Click OK.
5. Navigate back to the main menu of Kodi and go to System > Settings > Add-Ons > Install from Zip File.
6. Select SuperRepo.
7. Select helix.
8. Select superrepo.kodi.helix.all-0.7.04.zip
Congrats… you have now installed SuperRepo. Now let’s get you your first add-ons. The best add-ons in my opinion are Genesis (Every single Movie and TV show that has ever been created) and SportsDevil (Links to every Live sporting event)

How to get add-ons on to Kodi:

1. At the Kodi main menu select Videos > Add-Ons > Get More…
2. If you have installed SuperRepo properly you should now see over 1350 different add-ons to choose from.
3. Navigate down the list until you see Genesis. Select Genesis and install.
2LlbC1j.jpg

4. Repeat these same steps to download any other add-ons you may want.

That’s it! You’re done. Guarantee it will be the best $40 you have ever spent.

fxRndQI.jpg

PCxGizV.jpg

LvjY588.jpg

omC7pa7.jpg

rEiWt1t.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man. Pretty fucking sweet.

So what is genesis and how do the add ons work?

Got genesis up and running.

Seems like getting sportsdevil to work is more of an advanced maneuver. Care to shed some light?

Overall though worked like a charm. Doing the lords work, your posts save lives.

Last edited:
Got it all working. Watched NFL last sunday at home. Fucking sweet. Quality wasn't great but beats the bar.

There is an app for android that might come in handy for pushing zip files to firestick called apps2fire. That was the trickiest part for me in getting some of the add ons to work and tried a few different ways, but that app was the quickest and easiest.

Sorry about all that, Max.

Jammin- my bad for not answering you, but I'm glad you got it working. In case I didn't make it clear... yeah most of the sports links are not going to be HD, but the fact you can watch pretty much any sporting event live where the quality is definitely good enough (imo) is good enough for me. But as far as TV and movies go, I haven't run into one film or show that didn't have HD links.

Another add-on I forgot to mention that is popular is 'IceFilms' which is another add-on for TV and movies. I'll be honest though I never use IceFilms because I have been so happy with Genesis. I've never had one problem yet so I just never felt the need to switch it up.