• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids feeling nauseous from 20mg opana?

mc34952

Greenlighter
hey so for 4+ months i've been on 10mg oxymorphone ER 3x daily (Actavis brand pills) and while i didn't get great pain relief (not much actually), i did NOT get sick. the first month i was started on generic OM ER 10MG, the pharmacy happened to give me a small G72 pill, not sure what manf it was, but they switched to actavis the 2nd month and have been on that since then. neither got me sick at ALL.

this month my doctor put me on 20mg 2x daily, but this month for some reason instead of writing "oxymorphone ER" on the script, he put "opana ER", so they filled brand name. it has to be them making me nauseous because nothing else has changed. anyone else have this happen? it can't be the dose going from 10 to 20 (30mg daily total before to 40mg daily total now) because before, some days instead of 10mg 3x per day, i'd just take all 3 10mg's at once, and i didn't get sick at all. now 20mg at once, brand name, and i'm getting nauseous? any ideas?

im trying to get put on oxycontin, my plan covers generics, but Walgreens is telling me there are NO generic oxycodone ER pills in production right now. Humana tells me there are, but multiple Walgreens said it appears to be online and looking at a database, but no one makes them except the brand name OxyContin, so rather than wasting time trying to figure that out, my doc is gonna call Humana and try to get them to cover the brand name and use the excuse that generics are unable to be found anywhere in my area.

Could you be allergic or something to some binders or whatever in the pill?

Did you ever have 10mg Opana pills? Or now that you're on the 20's is this your first time with Opana pills?

The other two opanas you had were the original Timerx formulation that could be broken down and used nasally. The brand name is the intact abuse proof uncrushable tab. That is the only difference between the two. Bring it up with your doctor, but do not mention taking more than prescribed the occasions 30 mg was used.

The generic ER OC are global pharmaceutical brand, which I believe purdue owns.... While purdue brand and generics are OP abuse proof OC the global pharms is the old formulation. Pretty fucked up right? That being said like the oxymorphone ER requiring to be written and searched in the system as oxymorphone ER while oxymorphone will not lead to finding it. (Impax brands, which was recieved in place of the activas). Ask the pharmacy to search for Oxycodone ER produced by global pharmaceutical and they wil probably find it as Oxycodone HCL ER and tell you to have your doctor rewrite the script possibly.

Goodluck!