• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids what's the max amount of time it can take to have an oxycodone craving after stopping

nancy145

Bluelighter
(im on a lot of oxy rn so my writing might be like confusing and hard to read, sorry) I know im playing with fire here, i know what i'm doing is insainly dangerous, i know theres a pretty good chance i'll end up an addict, and ive talked to addicts/ex-addicts about their story and how they got hooked and ended up, so please just answer my question. I'm also well aware that even if i manage to not get hooked by using this method a psychological addiction is still a likely possibility and can lead to a physical addiction. i don't need advice on weather or not to do this, I've made up my mind and won't change it.

So i started using some oxy recently, i didnt yesterday but i did every day for last 3 or 4 days before and i just did some more today. i wasnt worried about addiction cuz it was a friends leftover prescription, but i just found out i had a constant supply so im only gonna use once in the next week, and after that actually think and be careful with addiction. so what im planning on doing is using no more than once a day, but probably like 2 out of every 3 days on average, for a few days then stopping for a few days to see if i get any cravings. i'm gonna take a break strictly after every 3 days of using oxy(even if i only did it thr first and the third day and not the middle one). if i do get cravings i'll either completely stop or seriously cut down on my oxy use. so what im wondering is how long would i have to take a break to make sure i'm not addicted yet? like if i'm using the break to test if im an addict or not how long is the maximum amount of time it can take to get a craving?

Just stop doing it. I don't think there's any way you could already have a physical addiction, so cut it out. I'm sure you have enough willpower to stay away from it.

Judging by the posts you've made, it seems like you're already on the path to a serious drug problem. Can't you see a therapist or something?

Go read the "Should I Try Heroin?" sticky again, flush your pills down the toilet, and get some help.

that didnt really answer my question... i also made it pretty clear im not gonna change my mind, so if someone can give me a straight answer that would be nice. If i dont get an answer to my question, then i might end up not taking long enough breaks to know weather or not im an addict and then end up way worse. bluelights a harm reduction site neutral on the opion of drug use, not a place to tell people to just not do drugs.

No one is going to be able to give you a definite answer to your question. It depends on too many factors.