• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants coming off heavy vyvanse usage after 4 years

oreocub

Bluelighter
hey I've been on vyvanse for the last four years, 70 mg daily, sometimes an additional 30mg. it's day two and I know I could be going through some worse withdrawals right now, but i feel like i have the flu. I can sort of focus but i feel slightly sick and the mornings are hell, 200mgs of caffeine barely helps, it just makes me feel slightly awake and more sick. any tips to reduce the side effects of coming off vyvanse after a long period of use?

:(

if this keeps for a few more days, i think I'm going to just go back on vyvanse

on the other hand, hand tremors I recently developed are going away, and sleeping medication is much more effective and I sleep better.

Unfortunately it's going to take some time for your neurochemistry to obtain homeostasis. Sleep, organic food and supplements like n-acetyl l-tyrosine can help. You're at a crossroads, just don't forget why you stopped taking the Vyvanse - I'm guessing there was a genuine reason. Good luck.

Eat lots of food and drink plenty of water. Healthy food I might add. Sleep as much as possible and maybe even start taking melatonin at night. Multivitamins along with your caffeine in the morning might help too. Excersize like running and lifting weights will decrease the length of time that you have to withdrawal dramatically as well, although you won't want to exersize. Regardless, withdrawals & lack of motivation is going to last at least 1-2 weeks. Quiting is worth it though. Keep it up!

back on it, I really do need it, i'm going to wait till a holiday to try this again, or at least try lowering dosage on weekends.

i can't imagine what meth or heroin withdrawal is like now,must be living hell literally.