• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ultra Low Dose Nalrexone MEGA-THREAD (raises endorphins overnight)

bdomihizayka

Bluelighter
Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone for anxiety, depression, mood- etc.

It is said opiate addicts may suffer from endorphin deficiencies... and this may be our holy grail. Listen up :p

When dosed between ~ .25mg and 5mg right before bedtime, naltrexone has interesting properties. In theory, it blocks your endorphins overnight for a few hours, so you wake up with an actual endorphin boost, just like a runner's high type deal which continues throughout the day.

I haven't seen this discussed really to any extent here.... I want to start a thread dedicated to it.

As soon as I am out od my suboxone withdrawal, I plan on taking this daily. My docotr prescribed it to me in a .5mg formualation that gets sent away to a compound pharmacy. Two weeks and I shall start and start adding my experiences to this thread.

My two cousins, and two of my friends who had trouble with opiates in the past swear their lives on this drug at this dosage, for this use. They were addicts and depressed beforehand, and now they say they've never felt better in their whole lives.

Maybe this is the answer for some opiate addicts who have endorphin issues/ the whole "low endorphin thus abuse opiate" thing.

Discuss - I will be adding proper information and links to different sites to make this more informative over the course of a couple days/ when my procrastinating-ass gets to it.:D

Last edited:
sounds interesting... would certainly like to hear more about it. Please keep us updated... though I have nothing to add personally.

It should go without saying but you should really add the disclaimer that this is not to be messed with by those currently addicted to opiates.

It should go without saying but you should really add the disclaimer that this is not to be messed with by those currently addicted to opiates.

hahaha QFT. Good bit of often overlooked HR right there.

This is a gray area actually. My cousin took Some hydrocodone after a tooth removal for a couple days and she had no problems whatsoever with the dosing of both. .5mg of naltrexone, and 10mg hydrocodone.

I think YMMV

I was given Naltrexone in detox about 24 hours after my last B-F dose
I was already VERY sick but the naltrexone made me sooooo much sicker. It was horrible
They gave me subutex the next morning (which they never do for people who are just detoxing) musta felt bad for me
It was a fucking Nightmare

Make sure to give it enough time

I was given Naltrexone in detox about 24 hours after my last B-F dose
I was already VERY sick but the naltrexone made me sooooo much sicker. It was horrible
They gave me subutex the next morning (which they never do for people who are just detoxing) musta felt bad for me
It was a fucking Nightmare

Make sure to give it enough time

You were most likely given a standard 50mg dose.

The way this drug behaves at doses of 1mg and 50mg are completely different.

This is a gray area actually. My cousin took Some hydrocodone after a tooth removal for a couple days and she had no problems whatsoever with the dosing of both. .5mg of naltrexone, and 10mg hydrocodone.

I think YMMV

Note the part of my post that says those currently addicted to opiates. This doesn't include those that get a Rx for some 10MG hydros after a dental procedure.

Note the part of my post that says those currently addicted to opiates. This doesn't include those that get a Rx for some 10MG hydros after a dental procedure.

And what would the difference be between someone taking 30mgs of hydrocodone a day for 10 days along with LDN, and a person taking 30mgs of hydrocodone for 10 years along with LDN? If it's benign on the one, it's certainly benign for the other person.

Case in point.... I took opiates for a couple days and took a 50mg Naltrexone pill from my doctor some 12 hours after my last dose, and was thrown into instant precipitated withdrawals, even though I didn't have a habit, as I only dosed twice.

So if the LDN doesn't negatively effect someone taking hydros for a couple weeks, it shouldn't effect someone taking hydros for a couple years, as the percepitated withdrawal would and can happen to either an addicted person or non- addicted person.

If you are physically addicted to opioids it would be a huge risk taking ANY opioid antagonist - it's not that you are guaranteed precipitated withdrawal, but trust me, you don't want to be the one to find out. People respond differently, as I know some people who can take Suboxone 6 hours after a shot of dope and be A-OK whilst others would be tossed in to an unimaginable hell. Plus I think being physically addicted to exogenous opioids would negate the premise of your theory anyways.

If you are physically addicted to opioids it would be a huge risk taking ANY opioid antagonist - it's not that you are guaranteed precipitated withdrawal, but trust me, you don't want to be the one to find out. People respond differently, as I know some people who can take Suboxone 6 hours after a shot of dope and be A-OK whilst others would be tossed in to an unimaginable hell. Plus I think being physically addicted to exogenous opioids would negate the premise of your theory anyways.

Negate the theory on what premise?

LDN works totally differently in pharmacolgical ways than a full dose of Naltrexone.

What I am trying to do in this thread is test out the effectiveness of LDN for depression, anxiety, mood, etc.... without being on opiates. It's not going to be my priority to argue whether or not it's safe to take whilst on opiates, though I've seen it happen. That's really not my interests. Maybe you're right... but as soon as I get past this PAWs phase, I am trying this stuff out and going to report my findings. I want to get to baseline first so I don't take improvement in the PAWs as a sign of the medication working.

the theory sounds plausible. Would love to see some double blind trials especially for long term depressives with no opiate history.

How about if someone who is not (or was) addicted to opioids does the low dose naltrexone. Would he or she behave the same as if the person would have had an addiction to them.

I am asking because it seems an good alternative to all feel good drugs that are tried by us all to feel good. Be it opoids, cannabis or whatever. This medication, if you are lucky to have the oppurtunity, can make you feel better without the risk of recreation or addiction?

Hey. First post so I hope it goes ok...
After doing some (a lot) of research of my own, I've just jumped on the LDN bandwagon in an attempt to ease myself off the meth without it taking too much toll on my regular life. I've been a daily user (smoking it) on and off (but mostly on) for about 10 years, and over the last 3 years I've been using more than I think i should be.
I run a Hotel kitchen, I work split shifts 6-7 days a week (usually only 35-40 hours but), I've got a heap of interests/hobbies i try to do outside of work, it feels like everyone I know constantly gets me to do a job of some sort for them, I do my best to find time to catch up with friends, and also keep some sort of routine that does include a decent (at least 4 hours) of sleep a night. So the only way to manage all this has been to rely on my old faithful little glass friend. Its amazing how many more productive hours I could pull from a day.

But, the time has come for things to slow down. Sure for health reasons but mostly cause I find myself getting more and more short tempered and I'm sick to death of not having enough cash for everyday life. I hate that I can easy find cash for another half ball but cant find enough cash to cover a bill or rego or...

So... simply, I don't want to loose my job, I don't want anyone to know what I do, I can't take any time away from work as I have no-one to cover me, I cant just cold turkey it and tough it out at work without the whole world knowing (After 10 or more years of it, I just cant stay awake without it) so I had to try and find a solution that would work for me. Not an easy task.

I didn't really want to go to the local Doc, tell him everything and hope he had a solution, that would've been a completely pointless exercise. Plus it could've made it harder to get other medication in the future.
So I've searched and searched and found out about LDN, I thought I'd give it a go. Just got it online. I crush a tab, mix it with 50mls of water and once dissolved i suck out the desired measured amount with a 5ml syringe thing with no needle. I'm only on day 4 at the moment but I'm feeling hell better than i have in years, and smoking considerably less meth than I was a week ago. And I'm not even hanging out for it at all anymore. Sure i still have a few pipes everyday, but I'm not racing home for it. And when the Modafinil gets here, I'll give it a go also and hopefully i can taper off the go-ee properly without it fucking my everyday life up. Every other time I've got off it, it's been a few weeks of death, but I just can't have that happen anymore.

Btw, Im just taking about 3mg a day, a bit before i crash out. The first couple nights I had some pretty heavy dreams and some odd muscle twitches, but no other side effects to mention so far. I definitely recommend trying it. I've definitely never had positive results like this from a drug that was legal (well, it would be if i could be bothered shopping for a doc that would scribble on a bit of paper....)