• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tapentadol

Gaerdna

Greenlighter
Tapentadol scared the shit out of me tonight. 8( I got four 75mg pill samples and took two at 11pm. I'd read in another Bluelight post that the experience was totally euphoric. Mine wasn't.

Within an hour of ingesting, I started sweating, felt very dizzy and nauseous. I was nodding in and out of reality - having discussions with people who weren't there while my eyes were closed. These little vignettes lasted 5 to 8 minutes at a time. I was at the market talking to someone about different parsleys... I was in a women's bathroom talking to someone while I sat on the toilet - FULL BLOWN, ANIMATED CONVERSATIONS while nodding in and out on my couch - only to snap out of it and into the hideous side effects again. I tried to lay in bed but my heart would beat more erratically when I tried to stay in any one place to mellow out. 30 minutes of that and I was a train wreck: rapid, irregular heart beat continued, as did the feeling of huge, porous cotton balls filling my brain, weakness in my legs, all over really. I couldn't meditate to get my heart rate down because my brain was held hostage, so I took 1 1/2 Etizolam (although you aren't supposed to take other benzos with this drug) and started eating anything I could find to soak up whatever might not have made it through my blood stream. I vomited it all up within 30 minutes, ate a ton of shit again, threw up again, ate again, threw up again. It's taken five hours to come down. My chest is still vibrating but the cotton balls are gone and my heart isn't stressed anymore.

I'd expected a euphoric full body buzz but came pretty close to driving myself to the hospital tonight. Take from it what you will.

I just logged on to this site to post questions about Tapentadol, so I'm glad I saw this new post about it. Gaerdna, that's unfortunate that your experience was so horrible.

I got 20 pills (100mgs each) a few weeks ago and the first day they arrived, I immediately took 2. This was stupid, considering I had never tried this drug before, but I figured 100 mgs wouldn't be a lot, since I have a very high tolerance to opiates. A little background: My drug of choice is Oxy but I have such a high tolerance, I must take 4-5 pills of the 10/325 dosage to fee euphoric. They are very hard to come by and when my doctor writes me a prescription, I go through all 60 in less than 2 weeks. But I love that I can take Oxy and still function like a normal person, while at work or at home ... no one knows when I'm high, only me. Anyway, I abuse Tramadol instead because it's cheap and easy to get. My tolerance is very high now ... so over the course of a day, I'll take 8-10 100mg trammies. I know this is dangerous. I've read everything on this site about how anything over 400mgs can put you at risk of a seizure. I'm hopeful I'll remain lucky and not ever have a seizure.

Anyway, I purchased a lot of Tapentadol 100mg pills and took 2 a few weeks ago, as soon as I got them. I was at work, so it was NOT fun - it hit me so hard! It was a difficult experience to explain in words, but I was a little too high ... had difficulty keeping my eyes open and it was very difficult to speak normally, without slurring. I went into a meeting with my boss that day and it was quite challenging, trying to hide the fact that I was high and I felt like dosing off on the floor of his office. I had to keep closing my eyes and rubbing my temples, pretending I had a headache.

So I've experimented with them here and there, but I'm still not quite sure I know enough about them. I have experienced something different almost every time I've taken them. One pill does nothing for me (100mg), but 2 can make me feel like a mess or euphoric, depending on the day. I've tried taking one and a half, but that hasn't done anything for me either. On those two occasions where I tried 1.5, I then took the remaining half about an hour or two later and still had zero effects. Perhaps these shouldn't be cut in half? Last Saturday, I took my usual 1000 mgs of Tramadol spread out from morning to early afternoon, and then in the evening, as the the Tramadol effects were wearing off, I decided to take one Tapentadol. That was a pretty intense high and I couldn't keep my eyes open. It was really nice and pleasurable.

Today, I decided to try two Tapentadol again. This time, 2 did nothing! I usually take some caffeine with my Oxy to potentiate the effects, but forgot to take any today with the 2 Tapentadol. After two hours, I decided to take one more (so I had 300mgs in my system) with about 50mgs of caffeine, and I felt great. A very nice high.

I have read a ton of stuff on this site, but Tapentadol doesn't seem to be a very popular subject for discussion, so I have some questions for anyone who is really familiar with this medication:

1. Dosage - what is considered to be the highest "safe" dosage? (I've read 200mgs but I'd like to hear if others have taken or do take more than 200mgs regularly)
2. Potentiation - What is the most effective way to potentiate Tapentadol, to get the most out of the euphoric effects on the smallest dosage?
3. Pairing - any other drugs that can and should be paired with Tapentadol? Or any drugs that should NOT be taken at the same time? (I know some anti-depressants shouldn't be taken in combination, so I'm asking if anything else has an adverse effect).

Thanks in advance. I know these pills shouldn't be abused, but I cannot help myself - I crave the feeling of being high at all times. It's a daily struggle ... I just want to reduce the harm as much as possible. Thank you!

Gotcha

Hi Bett,

After what I experienced, I don't think it's safe for me to fuck with Tapentadol again. I had the same experience with the dosing that you did. I'd taken 75 mg a couple nights earlier - nothing happened. I didn't feel anything at all. So the person gave me more to play with and I took 150 mg which TOTALLY KICKED MY ASS, right? I'm 5'8" and 160 pounds, so I should've been able to handle 150 mg without losing my mind like that. Since I don't understand why the add'l 75 mg made such an exponentially negative difference in how I felt, I'm done. Just glad to be alive and well.

How you maintained your composure on 200 mg at work is an anomaly to me. I was literally in another dimension. But then, I don't have much experience with opiates. I would love to feel euphoric from an opiate but I haven't yet. I've never tried Heroin, don't plan to. Only from benzos like Ambien, and amphetamines, have I ever felt euphoric - mushrooms and LSD too a long time ago.

I feel best when I'm around animals. When I'm alone or around humans I prefer to be high. I just can't do it every day.

Please be well!

Even though it's listed as a full agonist, the structure strongly suggests that it's a partial agonist. It's not all that selective either, the delta (good) and kappa (bad) opioid receptors get hit along with the mu. It's also an NRI which makes it stimulating without being euphoric. The metabolites tend to retain NRI activity but not mu activity.

I can remember people with habits taking it and describing horror stories. Lucky it's affinity is quite low so it will be displaced by morphine, for example. Tramadol IS a full agonist, it's just the codeine skeleton stripped down BUT it also has serotonin activity which makes it a better antidepressant than analgesic.

I cannot recommend ANY safe dose for this drug. You would be much better with a large dose of codeine (for non-users) or methadone freebase (smoked) for those with a habit. Beware with the latter, it's morish and 2 guys in this town who were buying up everyones supply (each sitting outside a pharmacist looking for likely take-home users) and buying it all up. They lasted for 3 months before getting busted but since neither was on a script themselves, they were held friday afternoon->monday morning and the case was adjourned, they were THAT sick. Another pair who should have learned the fable of Thomas K Highsmith...

I've been a hard core dope addict and that was a lifetime ago and now I'm a responsible(wife makes me be) pain management patient. Anyway have taken nucynta(tapentadol) and being someone with a jacked up tolerance these pills still fucked me up and not in a good way. They are formulated to barely cross the blood brain barrier and for this reason you barley get any euphoria from them. I did get horrible nods and as op stated I would be some what hallucinating while nodding and the whole experience was unpleasant. My doctor said I should adjust in a week to ten days and these symptoms would subside but they never did.Anyway he took me off them.I must say as unpleasant as they were eating I was still injecting drugs at this time I did shoot up a good bit and my experience was much different. Now I'm not advocating this because I'm sure it's horribly damaging but when I did shoot up my 100mg nucynta it was a crazy strange rush that made my teeth go cold(I know it's weird but it did) and I got a little euphoria but didn't last long. With IV there was no nodding but at the sametime the good wasn't worth the extra track thrown down,it was weird though!