• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Should i go to a methadone clinic? or just stick it out

RainDogtheCat

Bluelighter
This is the end of the 2nd day off of oxy(atleast 80 mg a day) after 6 months. The first day and night were HELL even with lots of klonopin. today was bad but since a few hours ago I have felt a lot better with no excruciating pains in my legs. I was considering going to a methadone clinic down the street. They say the 4th day is the worst and if its anythign like the first i cant deal i would rather get some help. Should I go to the clinic or just tought it out? Do the methadone clinics put your name in a database because I can NOT have anybody finding out about this. Any info would be appreciated. THanks

You should try and stick it out if you can. I am currently on methadone and it has saved my life but I wish I would of quit opiates before I needed maintenance. How long have you been addicted to opiates? I was strung out for 7 years before I got on methadone. It is a end of the road kind of option. I recommend you try rehab, suboxone neditation whatever before you get on methadone. But if that describes you than it is a great option. Like I said I would be dead if not for it.

Stick it out or ask a doctor for tylonal #3, which is the lowest codeine dose. to take at night for just the next 3 days to reduce the w/d severity at night without prolonging your w/d heavily. Make it clear it is only to help you quit and in case of emergency were you wish you could be under medical care that could try anything and everything to make you better as you would be willing to do anythung to make things better and will not exceed one at night. It might be unlikely to happen, but worth a shot.

edit: I will add methadone most likely will just end up being the same if not worst dependancy that will be socially accepted leading to less push to quit leading to longer use unless truly motivated to ascertain abstenince,