• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs New to Modafinil -- Euphoric?

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I'll be getting some on Friday. The guy I normally buy Dexedrine off doesn't have any left. All he has is Modafinil. Firstly, is the drug euphoric? If so, is it a speed-like euphoria? I should also ad that I have ZERO tolerance to stimulants, so what should be a good starting dose?

Nope, not euphoric, sorry.
There is a certain mild mood-lift which is why it can be used as an antidepressant, but for the average person, it will probably be less recreational than caffeine.

Nope, not euphoric, sorry.
There is a certain mild mood-lift which is why it can be used as an antidepressant, but for the average person, it will probably be less recreational than caffeine.
Fuck. Well, I'm not paying much for these so I might as well give it a shot. If it doesn't work then there's no great loss.

It's a stimulant prescribed for narcolepsy and ADHD like Adderall, Ritalin, etc. It's also schedule 4 which suggests it may be euphoric to some, especially if you have no tolerance to stims. I'd suggest you don't take more than 200mg at first just to avoid side effects. That shit makes my chest hurt.. And I've done meth before so be careful.

It's a stimulant prescribed for narcolepsy and ADHD like Adderall, Ritalin, etc. It's also schedule 4 which suggests it may be euphoric to some, especially if you have no tolerance to stims. I'd suggest you don't take more than 200mg at first just to avoid side effects. That shit makes my chest hurt.. And I've done meth before so be careful.
Aha. Thanks for the warning, SluttyPeach!

I have not tried modafinil, but I have tried the r isomer variant armodafinil and I have to say it does have some euphoric effects in high doses. At prescribed doses I doubt you would get any.

It's not considered a stimulant, it's a 'wakefulness promoter'. It doesn't work to 'speed up' your CNS like traditional stimulants do.

I take it therapeutically for fibromyalgia related fatigue and there's no euphoria at all. It doesn't feel like I'm on any drug, it just makes me not fatigued.

OP, keep the dose low. You already know what to expect, but the fact that you are completely stimulant naive, I can help but suggest whatever is considered a low dose. If you don't even drink coffee, then you have to start low, just in case there is a body load you don't like, etc.

Modafinil isn't euphoric, and really doesn't have much recreational potential at all. It'll keep you energized, awake, and alert like other stimulants but without the rapid thoughts, euphoria, and other million short term side effects. if you use it to keep you awake, you should go with 200mg. when i take 200mg, i feel like i just got another few hours of sleep, but if i take more i feel fatigued, anxious, and actually kinda tired, but like the tiredness you get when your on ampthetamines and haven't slept for 36 hours, not like a normal tiredness. other than energy, it doesn't really have that many uses though.

Modafinil isn't euphoric, and really doesn't have much recreational potential at all. It'll keep you energized, awake, and alert like other stimulants but without the rapid thoughts, euphoria, and other million short term side effects. if you use it to keep you awake, you should go with 200mg. when i take 200mg, i feel like i just got another few hours of sleep, but if i take more i feel fatigued, anxious, and actually kinda tired, but like the tiredness you get when your on ampthetamines and haven't slept for 36 hours, not like a normal tiredness. other than energy, it doesn't really have that many uses though.
So basically it makes for a good study-aid but that's it ...

Just to put things into perspective, imagine you never used stims before. Something like modafinil would probably feel pretty damn good. But to a person who does, say, oxymorphone every now and then, taking codeine would more than likely seem pretty underwhelming and lame.

Just to put things into perspective, imagine you never used stims before. Something like modafinil would probably feel pretty damn good. But to a person who does, say, oxymorphone every now and then, taking codeine would more than likely seem pretty underwhelming and lame.
Gotcha. Well I do one stimulant -- caffeine. I drink about 8 mugs a day.

Yeah, it's worth a try man. Just remember not to redose until its worn off because I've had BAD chest pains from this stuff, probably not harmful but still very uncomfortable. It may have just been a bad reaction but I don't know your medical history or what your body chemistry is like.

If you're using the Dexedrine as a study aid, help you get through the work day, etc then this will help. It won't be as euphoric but you might catch a little happy from it.

Modafinil is about as euphoric as ephedrine, which isn't saying much. Probably more like pseudoephedrine, which is saying even less.

The first time I took it I felt a rush and I've had many other stims. Not a major rush just noticeable like when you remember it's been 25mins since you took something and you're not sure if you're coming up or its placebo effect. I think it did that because tiredness is a part of my personality not a state of being. I concur that upwards of 200mg gave me chest pains. Not heart attack lol more like muscle pain between upper ribs and what could be classed as heart burn.

I find it to be fairly euphoric but I'm really sensitive to stimulants and basically never take them. The euphoria is closer to a mood-lift than anything else. If you're used to dexedrine then modafinil in all likelihood will produce no euphoria for you. It probably won't even be that noticeable.

It's not euphoric at all, it's a weak drug that lasts way too long (12 hours half life). If you want euphoria OP, you are better off with the speed or MDMA. It can enhance your mood though, since it acts as a weak DRI.

But then again, as another bluelighter said, it all depends on whether you are used to harder stimulants or not. I would guess to someone who never took any, it would feel pretty damn great. For me, it's pretty weak and underwhelming and has no recreational value.