Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Info on Mescaline?

Cpt.Caveman

Bluelighter
I've read a fair few bluelight threads and I've read a few articles referenced from the erowid page about mescaline but they are all a bit vague for what I want to know.

Has anyone here tried mescaline? What effects did it have? (in detail, experiences?)

So far what I have read is that it can cause visual hallucinations, empathy, a turning stomack and it has a similar roll to MDMA. I am thinking of trying it sometime soon with some friends and want to know what to expect .People seem to say that it is their preferred phsychodelic as the trip is a lot cleaner and easier to handle (but can turn intense as with any phsychodelics in high doses).

I also understand that it comes from a cacti and its form can be in the actual plant, capsules or microdots. Can it come in pill form? Or would it be synthetic mescaline if it did?

Try the Trip Reports forum...

My experience is here.

:)

Last edited:
im planning on trying mescaline within the next few weeks extracted from some Trichocereus Panchanoi and will write a trip report on it if it happens. mescaline is a very weak psychedelic if you compare it mg to mg to other psychedelics with a common dose 200 - 300mg. as we know this is much too large to fit into a microdot, and it would have to be a large (or dense) pill to fit an active dose of mescaline in it. on erowid there is a mescaline in microdots myth article you might be interested in.

Last edited:
thanks for the help fellas

all of the threads you guys provided definately cleared up alot of myths that i have been reading.

it seems as though the mescaline i am thinking of trying is meant to be in a pill form, so it is obviously not mescaline.

oh, and apollo? the link to your experience didn't work. the thread id is missing...unless that was deliberate :p

i'll keep continuing my search for a mescaline trip report...hehe im still curious.

Hey Caveman,

Is it possible that the substance you are looking for is 2-CB ?

That molicule is very very simalar to mescaline, but around 10x as potent.

The active dose for 2-CB is around 20-30mg and can most definatley be pressed into pill form.

2-CB can be mistaken for ectasy by a novice user.

There are a few other 2C spinoffs, but you are not likely to find them easy in Aust. Infact good luck finding 2C-B here as well :)

I have heard it is a very nice experiance.

Hope I helped.

apollo said:
Try the Trip Reports forum...

My experience is here.

Hey Apollo.....the link is not working :\

=D

well..... this is based on my own observations and experiences, feel free to correct me if you guys think I am making a mistake here.

Mescaline is found in few cactus plants.... specially the Lophophora (peyotes) and Trichocereus (San Pedros, Peruvians, etc) families of cactus.

Lophophora take many years to grow, can take up to 10-20 years to grow half or near of the size of a tennis ball and they have higher levels of mescaline, I call my peyote pups/cactus "chemical factories" =D because Lophophora is reported to contain:

N-acetyl-3-methoxy-4,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine, alanine, anhalamine, anhalidine, anhalinine, anhalonidine (14% of the total alkaloids), anhalonine, anhalotine, 3,4-dihydroxy-5-methoxyphenethylamine, epinine, dopamine, 3,4-dimethoxyphenethylamine, N-acetylanhalamine, N-acetylanhalonine, N-formylanhalamine, N-formylanhalinine, N-formylanhalonidine, N-formylanhalonine, N-formyl-O-methylanhalonidine, N-formyl-3-methoxy-4,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine, glycine (8% of the total alkaloids), hordenine, 3-hydroxy-4,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (1 to 5% of the total alkaloids), isoanhalamine, isoanhalonidine, 3-hydroxy-4,5-dimethoxy-N-methylphenethylamine, isoanhalidine, isopellotine, lophophorine (5% of the total alkaloids), 3-hydroxy-4,5-dimethoxy-N,N-dimethoxyphenethylamine, lophorine, lophotine iodide, mescaline (30% of the total alkaloids), mescaline citrimide, mescaline malaimide, mescaline maleimide, mescaline succinimide, isocitrimide lactone mescaline , N-acetylmescaline, N-formylmescaline, N-methylmescaline, mescalotam, 3-methoxytyramine, 3-methoxy-N-methyltyramine, 3-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltyramine, O-methylanhalonidine, O-methylpeyoxylic acid, O-methylpeyoruvic acid, N-methyltyramine, pellotine (17% of the total alkaloids), peyoglunal, peyoglutam, peyonine, peyophorine, peyouvic acid, peyotine iodide, peyoxylic acid, tyramine. 8o

While its been reported that dried peyotes contain about 2-6% of mescaline while fresh peyotes contain about 0.4-1.0% of mescaline. (This is not from my studies, just observed from other websites.)

Peyote is one of the slowest growing plants in existence, taking 10-20 years or more to mature. Older cacti are generally much higher in alkaloids than young plants. The very oldest plants are worshiped by the Indians as "Father or Grandfather Peyote". They are often kept as amulets or placed on a crescent alter to be revered as a sacred object.

The best way to grow Lophophoras faster is to graft them onto Trichocereus cactus. ;)

***take a other deep breath***

Now .... with Trichocereus it's reported to contain: mescaline (0.11 - 2.3% ), 3,4-dimethoxyphenethylamine, 4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenethylamine, 3-hydroxy-4,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine, 4-hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine, anhalonidine, anhalinine, hordenine, tyramine, 3-methoxytyramine.

In my opinion since it takes so fucking long to grow peyotes, is this what I do, I eat 10-15cm "cob" of the Trichs and finish off with 2-4 five year old peyotes (they are about the size of 20 cent peice, there or so).... thats the trick I have learnt while saving your peyote babies from excintion.

It's competely LEGAL to grow them from seeds or cuttings, but it's ILLEGAL to consume them...

There's several suppliers in Australia will post them nationawide, but not cheap, costs about $20-30 for approx 20-40 seeds depending which supplier you get them from. There's a supplier/grower in Sydney happy to drive to your door with a tray of peyotes and you choose whatever you can afford from the tray ;) They usually costs about $25 for 2-3 year old peyote or about $100 for a 10 year old peyote or $200-$400 for 15-20 year old peyote.

You need to eat about 6-10 approx 3 year old peyotes to get the profounded trippy effects......lasting for several hours, very different... not "hallucations" like shrooms, LSD, etc... its more of "ripple/mental/closed eye" type of hallucations.

Remember when you eat these cactus.... you will be very very fucking sick, throwing up like hell for 30-40mins and these cactus is VERY bitter... more bitter than these "party chemicals".... the indians believed that throwing up is good, it "cleans" the system out of toxins and shit like that and get yourself "ready" for the "ride" to the "god". But once you throw up... after that... its pretty pleasant from my past experience.

Hope helps a bit and sorts out the common misunderstandings on the "mescaline" :D

Cheers,

Urbanhog %)

Ohhh Mac! Your cactus is sooo BIG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if San Pedro/Peruvian Torch cacti are common in nurseries and such? How much would I expect to pay for one?

And could anyone refer me to some good methods for extracting the mescaline? I have come across several I have noticed contradictions and misinformation... I haven't come across one that is written coherently and properly.

Xherrus appreciates any helpful information.

yes it is possible to buy them at nurseries, know what your looking for, know how to identify it, and i dont think its best to go in asking for 'san pedro'. if you cant spot it yourself ask if they have any trichocereus species. that would arouse less suspicion. there are lots of mescaline extraction write ups, search google, erowid, and the lycaeum.

Last edited:
[Edit: Which part of NO SOURCES was hard for you to understand? BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought some cactus once, ah god that tasted like crap, and I got little to no effects, no headfuck or anything I was just sitting in bed and a sleeping bag turned into Lisa Simpsons head, which floated a bit then dissapeared, thats the only hting that happened the entire night.

How did you eat them Elicid? its under the cacti skin has higher levels of chemicals, its the best part to consume, of course they tasted like shit. How much did you eat? 15cm x 5cm? or what?

Urbanhog %)

Urbanhog said:
[Edit: Which part of NO SOURCES was hard for you to understand? BigTrancer]

Oops, sorry BigTrancer..... I understand perfectly, won't do it again. :\

Urbanhog %)

Urbanhog said:
How did you eat them Elicid? its under the cacti skin has higher levels of chemicals, its the best part to consume, of course they tasted like shit. How much did you eat? 15cm x 5cm? or what?

Urbanhog %)

I removed all the spikes and stripped the first layer of skin of about 3 big pieces, froze them for about 5 hours, blended them up with some orange juice and drank it down - EXTREAMLY MESSY PROCESS. I dont reccomend eating cacti, wait for some peyote buttons or some synthetic mescaline, oh and thanks for the source I copyied it to notepad ;)