Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5htp info

pinging_prince

Bluelighter
hey guys, im just after some infomation on 5htp, im new to this site and to the whole ecstasy thing and i heard that it can helpwith your moods and also ceratonium levels. i cant seem to find anywhere to get it tho, is it illegal? are there stores that sell it? any helpwould b much appreciated
thanks

Yep it does, but this had been covered elsewhere - search for "5htp" on these boards.

It is not for sale here, you need to get in mailorder from USA. Search for it on google if ya want.

-DG

Hi Pinging_Prince, welcome to Bluelight.

The website http://www.iherb.com is an international site which you can order 5htp from. I suggest that if you do decide to order than you order no more than 3 bottles. I believe (recall reading a thread on here) 5htp is legal in Australia for personal consuption but you cannot sold. 4 bottles or more may be deemed as a 'commercial' quantity. I know that's a crazy small number but you never know with customs.

I personally have always ordered 3 bottles and have never had any difficulties. 3 bottles will last you along time anyway.

See yas,

F

5htp is illegal to sell in all Australian states but Queensland. If you live in Queensland or near the border, you could always buy 5htp over the counter in QLD (I assume) or order it online from Australian sites if you have it delivered to a QLD address. Or else, just order from Overseas as others have stated. A lot of people do!

If you live in Queensland or near the border, you could always buy 5htp over the counter in QLD (I assume)

Yes, it is legal to buy in Queensland though you must be prescribed it. I went to QLD recently and asked for it and all the health food shops said I needed a prescription.

:(

May be they just didn't want to sell it to me:(

F

Nice one apollo - just what I was gonna say.

For the original poster, pinging_prince: Apollo's second linked thread, called "everyone read" has a bunch of info you might be interested in, and the first linked thread "summary of sources..." tells you where you can buy/order 5-HTP and pill testers. Both testers and 5-HTP are LEGAL to possess in Australia.

If you have questions those threads don't answer, by all means let us know, we should be able to point you in the right direction.

BigTrancer :)

I ordered 4 bottles of 5-HTP from Clubnatural and it was fine.. Customs just had a sticker on there saying it had been inspected. So ordering 4 bottles is OK.. I wouldn't want to risk getting any more than that though.

They seem to work fine, pretty much zero comedown after a big weekend. The ones I bought though seem to give me a little bit of a crook gut about 40 minutes after ingesting them

MedicTeddy said:
I ordered 4 bottles of 5-HTP from Clubnatural and it was fine.. Customs just had a sticker on there saying it had been inspected. So ordering 4 bottles is OK.. I wouldn't want to risk getting any more than that though.

They seem to work fine, pretty much zero comedown after a big weekend. The ones I bought though seem to give me a little bit of a crook gut about 40 minutes after ingesting them

Thats where my friend bought his 5htp from. I've taken a few of them and never had a crook gut at any stage after taking them. Maybe it may just be something in the 5htp that your body doesn't like.
the maxium you can buy at a time is a 3 month supply, is that allowing for one tablet a day ?

No idea, but I usually take them in the morning, and I rarely have breakfast.. it's probably because I haven't eaten anything.

Just for the record...many people complain about upset stomachs on 5HTP. It's usually because on a postload...you haven't eaten (unless you are a freak) for numerous hours. Taken on a full stomach they are fine i find. Best bet is to just take them before you go to sleep, that way there's not stomach pain, and you get the nice 5HTP dreams.

Easy.

PS - By Ceratonium I am assuming you are referring to Seratonin. Probably a good fact to get clear.

I brought this 30 capsules while ago from this online herb/supplement store based in New Farm, Brisbane or whatever, they didnt ask for any doctor forms, I just paid by credit card and got it in couple of days. Lost the email addy.... I know it's called "Dr.Vera's Formulations" brand... pretty weak, only got 75mg of 5htp and few others included like, 30mg Thaimine Hydrochoride, 25mg Riboflavine, 5mg Pyridoxal-5-phosphate, 100mg Folic Acid, 50mg chromium picolinate, and 10mg Magnesium orotate.

I didnt know it had all this extra supplements in it and I have no idea what they are useful for and it was pretty expensive, I just brought this first to see what the fuss was over, before get some of these imported ones from overseas. Or if I find something better in Brisbane/Queensland.

Seems to make me feel "more manageable" when I am coming down, and also helps me feel bit relaxed and sleep well if I pop like 2-3 pills. 8)

Acutally, 5htp is sourced from this African plant called "Griffonia" or Griffonia simplicifolia so I have been told.

Urbanhog %)