• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Fear The Walking Dead

NeighborMike

Bluelighter
No post about this? I figured a lot of people would be talking about this
Anyone watching??

lol nah

I still can't believe how obsessed people are with zombies

I watched it. Was expecting to see more zombies, but obviously this is the build up.

I am sure it will be interesting, and it's cool that the show takes place prior to The Walking Dead, showing you what went down in San Francisco and how the disease is spreading. What is it six seasons now of TWD that we have seen nothing but Georgia?

I'm not obsessed with zombies, though obviously I do think they're pretty sweet, but these shows are better known for their character development anyway ArCi. At least TWD is for me.

Kind of like Game of Thrones. You want more battle scenes, dragons and tits, less dialogue at times, but when the scenes do occur they deliver.

I watched it. Was expecting to see more zombies, but obviously this is the build up.

I am sure it will be interesting, and it's cool that the show takes place prior to The Walking Dead, showing you what went down in San Francisco and how the disease is spreading. What is it six seasons now of TWD that we have seen nothing but Georgia?

I'm not obsessed with zombies, though obviously I do think they're pretty sweet, but these shows are better known for their character development anyway ArCi. At least TWD is for me.

Kind of like Game of Thrones. You want more battle scenes, dragons and tits, less dialogue at times, but when the scenes do occur they deliver.

Yeah there will probably be more action considering its the out break...they have moved around from georgia but everyplace the have gone they have gone has pretty much been a rural community

It has a darker feel even then TWD upon watching a second time.

Only because you know they are all doomed. This would be one of the worst places to be during a zombie outbreak. An over-populated city like San Francisco? It is going to be a blood bath. I agree there should be a lot more action considering the expected zombie to human ratio.

Too much action too early on and they have no where to go. The build up to the scenes is what makes them so cool when they happen.

Zombie combines?

Zombine.jpg

I've watched the first few episodes. the appeal is that it's a childhood fantasy of mine to be in a zombie apocalypse. I don't know whetehr to like it or hate it. Fear the wlaking dead is a mixed bag.

One of the annoying things about these series is how stupid many of the characters are. This series has slow_zombies that stumble around like aggressive, drunk homeless people. Everybody who lives in a big city like LA knows to keep their distance from drunk homeless people, especially when they are grunting and veering toward them. The main characters keep going up to zombies and getting bit. Assuming they are not genre-conscious and have never heard of a zombie, any normal person would stay away from a zombie, even if it's the first one they've seen.

Maybe part of the appeal is to make the viewers feel smarter about themselves. "If I were in a zombie apocalypse, I'd do X, Y, and Z. Why can't these idiots think to do that?"

I've been reading TWD since the comics came out in 2003 (finally decided to sell my collection 2-3 years ago and let's say that was the most $$$ I've ever made being a nerd and keeping things all nice)

I just couldn't get into Fear TWD. the characters seem lame, and as someone pointed out about the now zombie craze, what makes TWD special is it's character development and quality of characters

they have mostly been in Georgia in TWD, but have ventured out to neighboring states, but all in rural areas as pointed out. FWIW the way the show is following the comics a bit, be prepared to see a bit of Washington DC in the future (pretty sweet scenes in the comics)... they are not in Georgia right now in TWD show, but in Northern VA