• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine phosphate CWE /DHC questions

Ethan-ate

Greenlighter
Guy,girls.....only tried OTC 500/8mg co-codamol, got the CWE down to a pretty fine art so 32 x 8= 256mg C/phosphate.

I have read DHC is 1.5 to 2 x as strong as phosphate.

I can source DHC in tabs from 30mg to 120mg.

They will be for weekend "breaks" to slow the benzo ridden week for a friend -self prescribed but climbing despite my warnings.

I am a recovering addict myself on a benzo taper and subs for opiates.So far,so good.

So question 1 ....can u re-dose thru the day with DHC as I've read here a second hit of CWE is pointless.

Also a good hit of CWE phosphate is mongville.....is DHC more like tramadol (my old DOC).

Can u operate/function on it......not
neurosugergy or parking cars....I mean,shopping, family etc.

I am on subs and clona and can operate fine, if I ever got a nod on I'd pop zome ritalin or yohimbe and even myself out.

However as said this isn't for me and I don't want to mix stims in to " counter" things for a friend.

Question 2.....and if this is ok by BL rules I have also access to 500/15mg POMs and if the ingredients are not filler laden then its a much cheaper option but of course lots of CWE hassle.

So....if someone is used to downing 250mg CWE is a 120mg DHC hit - 4 x 30mg going to cut it as a equivilent.

Can a DHC daily dose of say 350mg be spread thru 3 hits of say 150mg to keep chilled and operarational.

Also I am pretty sure from experience that the desire to hit the benzos wont be there.

This is a plan I have to ....

1/ let my gf have a good relaxed wkend as her anxiety levels naturaly are off the scale duemto her past and to break the benzo dependency for the wkend before it gets crazy.

Last she takes 150mg venlafaxine - I admit a very good anti-d for her so should I give her 5mg diaz saturday and sunday morning incase of anti-d/codeine seizure risk or....is there no risk in reality.

She is currently on a very high 3 x 2mg clona(6mg each day) dose so I dont want to take chances.

No other drugs,stims, alcohol etc.

Thoughts as I am DHC/codeine naive......and I am keeping her well away from tramadol.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry, dihydrocodeine,a sythetic opoid version o fcodeine.....as I believe.

Hi, quite a few Q's in quite a random order so I'll try and answer your post as best as I can.

From personal experience I'd say that DHC is 1.5x as strong as Codeine. However, 200mg of DHC will not produce the same effects as 300mg of codeine. I find DHC to be more stimmy and buzzy (such as Tramadol - like you suggested) whereas Codeine is more warm, fuzzy and drowsy.

You definitely can function on Codeine/DHC if you dose right. You'll have a nice buzz and be able to function normally. I've been a chronic pain patient for the last 3 years and have taken pretty much every opiate up to Fentanyl. I can tell you now that when I once plugged a large dose of DHC in the early days, it resulted in the fastest most intense rush that I have ever achieved from any use of all opiates I've tried (I don't IV - FYI). In 3 years, I've never been able to replicate it. It was probably one of the top 3 drug-related experiences I've ever had.

I found re-dosing with DHC was not very effective at all if you are looking to take a 200-300mg dose initially. Another 200-300mg 6 hours later didn't really do much for me and was wasted, just a mild warm buzz. I was better off waiting the next day and starting again. But hey, well metabolise it differently.

Yes 350mg of DHC can be spread out for 3 'hits' throughout the day if you just want to maintain that warm buzz as opposed to 1 heavy hit.

There is no real risk of seizure when mixing Codeine/DHC with Venlafaxine so I wouldn't bother with any Diazepam. It's not like Tramadol where you risk serotonin syndrome.

Also just on a side note, I was briefly taking a high dose of Venlafaxine (425mg) and it really limited the way in which I could use/abuse Codeine/DHC because of how Venlafaxine affects the efficiency of how certain enzymes in your body (mainly CYP2D6) metabolise Codeine and DHC into their respective metabolites. This differs from person to person but it's just something to be mindful of. I was taking the Codeine/DHC for chronic pain and because my Venlafaxine was 'blocking' my body's ability to metabolise Codeine into Morphine, I was just prescribed Morphine instead, as it doesn't need to be metabolised by the CYP2D6 enzyme that Venlafaxine inhibits. If you spend a few minutes Googling this, you'll get a much more detailed and accurate explanation of that actual pharmacology behind it. I'm just in a bit of a hurry so trying to give a very basic explanation.

My only concern with what you've posted is the fact that she takes '6mg of Clona' - which I expect is supposed to be 6mg Clonazepam/Klonopin, or possibly 6mg of Clonazolam - which is even more concerning.

In this case, being opiate naive, you really shouldn't be mixing relatively high doses of new opiates into your system when you're already taking a steady dose of a potent Benzodiazepine. That does concern me tbh. I'm not saying that it will result in death, and I'm certainly not saying it wont, but respiratory depression, a hard nod, or a blackout, is very likely outcome to this cocktail under these circumstances.

Thank you very much, very informative.
She is on 6mg klonopin and 2 weeks ago I had her stablem if a bit agitated on 20mg valium, things esculated rapidly including use of high 2.5mg lorazepam, try as I might I could not in her naivety make her realise that a milligram in one benzo is not the same as another. Not all created equal.

Klonopin is very seldom used in the UK NHS cost wise compared to valium so when users get a hold of it for reccie purposes they would laugh at breaking a pill in quarters etc.

Also withs its very very! Long onset they tend to thnk its weak and continie to knock them back.

In my benzo abuse heyday I would a loraz and klonopin sub-l the same tkme to forfeit the wait eventually addimg 2mg xanax to my 4mg clona and 4mg loraz every 4 hours with 5 trammy each pop and 20mg ritalin.....thus a function hyperchilled addict....but I burnt out .....for the best.

Even though I'd considered the respiratory failure risk with the long HL of Klonopin I'd thought it negligable overnight but I will take no chances, however this leads to some questions anout my own mixing so I think I will knock up another thread if u can input I'd appreciate it.

Again thank you so much my friend.