• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScHoolboyQ

Greenlighter
So, I suffer from severe social anxiety and have for the past couple of years and I have a friend who has been taking Xanax for the last couple months due to his social anxiety and it is minimal if not gone whenever he's on them. So, I know that if I walk into my doctor's office and say I want some Xanax because I have social anxiety that it won't go too well just because of how much people abuse them so I'm wondering what would be the best way to steer the conversation into Xanax territory. She's a pretty lenient doctor, she's prescribed me two anti-depressants for my depression in the last two visits so she's not shy about prescriptions, I just need to get my social anxiety fixed, any info is greatly appreciated because it is so damn hard to deal with this lately.

If you are currently on two anti-depressants and they are not helping with the anxiety then perhaps she would be more apt to consider Xanax. This is typically prescribed for Generalized Anxiety Disorder as far as I know but maybe she'd be willing to do it for the social anxiety. It really depends on the doctor and whether or not they like to prescribe benzos. I've had doctors who swear against them and some who don't mind writing for them. The doctor may want to try Buspar, Hydroxizine, or some other non-benzo anti-anxiety medication before jumping straight to benzos due to their addiction potential. Just curious, why Xanax and not Ativan or Klonopin or another benzo? In my experience Ativan is quite effective without the sleepiness of Xanax but Xanax also works quite well for anxiety too but I think it has the most abuse stigma attached to it.

I'm not too familiar with different kinds of medicines and stuff like that, I was taken off of both of the previous anti-depressants because they actually made my depression and mood swings worse and I just knew that Xanax worked for my friend who has a milder form of social anxiety than myself so I figured they could work for me because I believe he takes 1mg Xanax, sorry if I don't sound like I know what I'm talking about because I don't haha I just want to fix my anxiety and Xanax is the only thing I know of.

Sorry, we're not here to help you scam your doctor and your post is in violation of forum rules.

All I'll say on the subject is that Xanax is top-tier when it comes to anxiety meds. Even IF your doc was going to write you a script for anxiety meds, you'd probably be started at a low dose of clonazepam instead, maybe even something lower than that. Xanax is aimed more towards people who are hyper-emotional or suffer anxiety so bad they would have a panic attack practically walking out their front door. It essentially works by numbing a person's mind so much, they become desensitized to their social phobia. Granted, that description is for much higher doses. But even 0.5mg is enough to zonk people out so much that they barely respond to anything. As with all benzo's, tolerance does build and addiction is possible.

Good luck.

Sorry, we're not here to help you scam your doctor and your post is in violation of forum rules.
I don't think the OP is trying to scam their doctor, it sounds like they have a legitimate medical problem that they are looking for legitimate medical help with. They said themselves that they don't have an extensive knowledge of prescription medication and only mentioned Xanax because a friend has a similar problem who takes Xanax to help said problem. Also would you care to quote or provide a link to the section of the forum rules that the original post supposedly violates?

Trust me, of all the drugs I used to do and everything I quit (including heroin), Xanax was the hardest thing for me to stop. That's why doctors are leery on prescribing it, it's very addictive. I LOVED that stuff, still do. I would eat them like candy and lose a day with the biggest smile on my face. I suffer from social anxiety as well and I found that staying off of drugs (by drugs I mean hard shit like H, meth, cocaine, opiates in general) helped with that A LOT. Clonazepam is a good drug as well, not as strong (or addictive in my opinion) as Xanax. Also it lasts longer. I don't take anything now except the occasional psychedelic to get reality back in check for me (not suggesting it, it's just how my brain works. 250ug of LSD once or twice a year works wonders for me). But now if I need to be in public I self medicate with Pabst Blue Ribbon. A 6 pack outta do ya just fine.

I don't think the OP is trying to scam their doctor, it sounds like they have a legitimate medical problem that they are looking for legitimate medical help with. They said themselves that they don't have an extensive knowledge of prescription medication and only mentioned Xanax because a friend has a similar problem who takes Xanax to help said problem. Also would you care to quote or provide a link to the section of the forum rules that the original post supposedly violates?

Please read the Forum Guidelines:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/441015-BDD-Guidelines

We can't advise you what to say to your doctor in order to get prescribed meds. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.