• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New to Kratom

thisisme70

Greenlighter
I want to try Kratom. I have heard when buying certains types are better than others and how do i know its the real thing or not? What kind should I get? Now I can take a bunch of norco and function at work, is the same true for kratom? and can you recommend the dosage for the first time taking? Also i see some use it with tea, so do you just make a glass of tea and just stir it in or what? Sorry i'm just totally ignorant to kratom. Thank you in advance.

Jim

Buy plain crushed leaf or powdered kratom never get extracts or anything like that. Many strains produce different effects, depending if you prefer the stimlation properties or the downer side of opiates. A quick search will tell you of what effects each kind kratom produces.

For my first time i tried aound 7 grams which was great for me. The stuff definitely has a ceiling effect at around 12 grams for me and that amount makes some people sick. Id go with 5 just for harm reduction sake.

Lots of people make tea but i prefer the quick toss and wash method.

Buy plain crushed leaf or powdered kratom never get extracts or anything like that. Many strains produce different effects, depending if you prefer the stimlation properties or the downer side of opiates. A quick search will tell you of what effects each kind kratom produces.

For my first time i tried aound 7 grams which was great for me. The stuff definitely has a ceiling effect at around 12 grams for me and that amount makes some people sick. Id go with 5 just for harm reduction sake.

Great answer how do we know it's real.. Or anything to look out for that would make us say hey this doesn't look right? Thanks in advance.

so say you get a leaf, do you just chew up the leaf and swallow it? if its a powder do you just stir it with water and drink it? I feel stupid for asking this stuff, but i just dont know.

You don't normally get the leaves whole... they already come powdered up into a very fine powder, almost like if you opened a capsule of something. I agree with above, toss n wash is my preferred ROA... get a dosage cup too dont guesstimate.....get it over and done with, plus the stuff tastes God awful to make tea from of you ask me. Hint for a newbie: leave you self a big chaser (glass of juice, whatevs) the first time. First time I did it felt like I was choking on sand lol

Keep in mind, kratom affects the mu receptors of the brain, the same one opiods do. So don't take kratom on a daily basis so it is more enjoyable and you don't become addicted.

There are many reputable vendors out there as it is a legal substance (except for Tennessee I believe) red vein is supposed to be more uplifting while Bali strains are more of the relaxing strains. But names can be tossed out a window in a heartbeat. I don't believe I can give you a source due to rules but you will know when you find a reputable dealer. A phone number for customer service and ratings of the site are a couple good ways to tell.

I know alot about kratom as I use it at least once a month waiting for my doc to get his shit together! Been using it for a couple of years, there is no question that is stupid

Take care : )

Last edited:
You don't normally get the leaves whole... they already come powdered up into a very fine powder, almost like if you opened a capsule of something. I agree with above, toss n wash is my preferred ROA... get a dosage cup too dont guesstimate.....get it over and done with, plus the stuff tastes God awful to make tea from of you ask me. Hint for a newbie: leave you self a big chaser (glass of juice, whatevs) the first time. First time I did it felt like I was choking on sand lol

Keep in mind, kratom affects the mu receptors of the brain, the same one opiods do. So don't take kratom on a daily basis so it is more enjoyable and you don't become addicted.

There are many reputable vendors out there as it is a legal substance (except for Tennessee I believe) red vein is supposed to be more uplifting while Bali strains are more of the relaxing strains. But names can be tossed out a window in a heartbeat. I don't believe I can give you a source due to rules but you will know when you find a reputable dealer. A phone number for customer service and ratings of the site are a couple good ways to tell.

I know alot about kratom as I use it at least once a month waiting for my doc to get his shit together! Been using it for a couple of years, there is no question that is stupid

Take care : )

According to most vendors bali usually is a red strain.

Yes you are correct, I should really re-read my post well before I send it to prevent misinformation, though I've seen some vendors (well now that I think of it only once) label it that way. Mine does not... I apologize for that OP for getting that mixed up that was stupid. When you find the vendor you will see what's what via comments. Again i apologize, ln a serious subject a mistake can be deadly in harm reduction,know it's not an excuse but I am in the middle of a bad lupus reoccurrence and must go, I fucking hate prednisone. I can't get out of bed yet I want to punch someone in the face... my poor hubby lol he's a saint thank God they got me on 80 mg x 5 days, 70 , 5 days etc....

Much love to you all, thanks for the correction Mycophile

Yes you are correct, I should really re-read my post well before I send it to prevent misinformation, though I've seen some vendors (well now that I think of it only once) label it that way. Mine does not... I apologize for that OP for getting that mixed up that was stupid. When you find the vendor you will see what's what via comments. Again i apologize, ln a serious subject a mistake can be deadly in harm reduction,know it's not an excuse but I am in the middle of a bad lupus reoccurrence and must go, I fucking hate prednisone. I can't get out of bed yet I want to punch someone in the face... my poor hubby lol he's a saint thank God they got me on 80 mg x 5 days, 70 , 5 days etc....

Much love to you all, thanks for the correction Mycophile

It was only a very minor slip of the tongue in something that is not at all dangerous so you don't need to be concerned with it.

It won't matter if someone uses a red vein instead of a green or vice versa so there's no need to be so apologetic.

I am sorry to hear about your health problems and hope you feel better.