• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is It Safe To Mix These Two Drugs?

8BitMouse

Greenlighter
Last night was my first time trying Vyvanse, I took about 170mg of it. Its been about 21 hours. I was wondering if I could take a 54mg Concerta or two and if it would be safe to do so... What could happen?

If you slept after the vyvanse wore off and are taking Concerta the following day, you should be fine. If you haven't slept yet, it could lead to some dangerous and unpleasant side effects. 170mg Vyvanse is an unnecessarily high dose in my opinion.

This is all in the past 36 hours without sleeping, however I did lie down for a half hour. If I drink a lot of water will I be okay to take my Concerta?

I wouldn't advise this, at all. Concerta contains methylphenidate, not an amphetamine, unlike Vyvanse which contains lisdexamfetamine. Amphetamines on top of amphetamines is not so much an issue, so long as you are being responsible with your dosing and listening to your mind and body, however this combination is a large issue, potentially, as the mechanism of methylphenidate differs from amphetamines, and in a way that could cause your body far too much stress. 21 hours is just not enough for amphetamines, considering their half-life; wait a few days - it will be better, I'd pretty much guarantee, as well as much safer.

EEEK be careful!

Alex000 is spot on...they have different mechanisms of action....they basically bounce off one another/ concerta will potentiate the Vyvanse (amphetamine), and very quickly your dopamine will be converted to noradrenaline which can cause extreme anxiety, confusion, stress, etc.

try caffine, its safer and very effective after amphetamine