• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl and breastfeeding

B

Bfingfentmom

I Just got a script for the 25mcg/hour duragesic fentanyl patch, but I forgot to confirm that it's safe for breastfeeding. My dr knows I'm still nursing my baby and had no problem with me taking oxy-the baby was not effected even at higher doses (20-30mgs). I just didn't remind him today and specifically ask about fentanyl. Does anyone know if this will be safe? My baby is a year old and 22lbs. She nurses about 4 times a day (every 6 hours) and I'd say she gets about 2-3 ounces at a time. She also eats solid food 3 times a day.

Thanks!

You should just call the doctor and ask him imo.

Anonymous ----> BDD

I couldn't tell you an answer that I'm confident in. I don't have a medical degree, your best bet is to call your doctor and ask.

Better safe than sorry, especially if it's your baby :)

Best be safe and call a doctor. Anyone with a medical degree or pharmacist perhaps? Also check the package insert for more information... But confirm it first with a professional

Doctor only, please.

Fent is time released, very strong. IMO NO it's not safe to breastfeed, but you seriously need to confirm this and not take any chances, or your baby's life could be at risk, and you tapped with a manslaughter charge.