• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after using Stadol (butorphanol) will other opiates be able to be taken?

Steady3

Bluelighter
Title. Thank you for any insight you may have. Also, anyone care to explain the mechanisms at work?

i use stadol regularly for migraines and as long as i haven't used it the same day if i take another opiate i still feel the effects of it.

A long time ago I went to a ENT doc for a ear infection and since back then I knew how to make a doc but I didn't think a ENT could write anything big I didn't even try. After the exam he wrote me a anti-infection drug and I thought, 'what the hell why not'.
'Hey Doc, can I have something for pain?' He scribbles away and off to the pharmacy I go.
I hand the pharmacist the script. He looookkks at me and off he goes, comes back and says,'We have the pills but not the injectables for which this calls for'.
Snatching it outa his hand and finding one that does, you can imagine my surprise when I get 2 - 20 packs of single dose vials!!
____Party time____
Well since my ear hurt a couple weeks later, (note to self:get everything filled) I go back to find the older guy sitting in for him, the doc. Tell him my story and can I have a pain refill....2mg Stadol IV. 'Stadol? I usually give Emprum #4 w/ codeine'. Cant do that, makes me break out....sir
'Oh, ok what did you say, 2 oz of stadol?' YES SIR!!
15 minutes later I was the proud owner of 6 - 1/2 bottles of liquid Stadol!

Ahh the good ol' days indeed!