• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I take 30mg oxycodone while on subs?

EarthBounded

Bluelighter
I know that sub will bump it off however my doctor said I can take high dose oxycodone and it will compete for the receptor?
How much would I need to take?
Will I go into precipitated wd?

I take a lot of subutex intravenously everyday and have taken 20mg of oxycodone the same way while on Bupe. No effects but also no precipitated withdrawals. However, just for further information, I've injected a 4mg dilaudid while on bupe and felt what I would think were the full effects of hydromorphone. Just FYI.

Last edited:
When i had sub from a day before and i shot a dilauded, 20 minutes later i went into full pw and was throwing up like crazy and shaking and oh boy it was bat. vetty bat

When i had sub from a day before and i shot a dilauded, 20 minutes later i went into full pw and was throwing up like crazy and shaking and oh boy it was bat. vetty bat

VETTY bat? Holy shit man, I mean I knew it would be bat, but not vetty bat. maybe qetty bat, but not vetty bat! do you still feel bat now? how long did it take till you didn't feel bat, or just not vetty bat?

after 30 minutes the batness kicked in, to where on a scale of bat to bat it was vetty bat. so vetty bat i never bat again

MLB

I think it is very helpful if people differentiate between SubuTEX and SubOXONE. The nalaxone makes a big difference when it comes to precipitated withdrawals IME.

In fact, correct me if I'm wrong.... nalaxone may be the only contributing factor when it comes to precipitated withdrawals. I certainly don't get them with Subutex.

and the stupid thing is they put it in there to prevent people from injecting suboxone. but if you're already on suboxone (oral) you can mainline it all you want and the naloxone doesn't do shit. (the effects are a bit less good than mainlining subutex, but its not an issue at all to shoot suboxone)

putting that naloxone in there was just a scheme from pharma to make more money, and it was done for one reason: patent had run up on bupe and most Drs. are too stupid to know that the naloxone thing is bullshit so the drug companies knew they could dupe them into prescribing suboxone by saying the naloxone actually prevents IV abuse

So why do they say you can take high doses of oxycodone on subs to beat out the receptor doesn't this lead to pw? My doc literally said if I get surgery she will keep me on subs and give me high dose oc . I am super confused I am waiting 24 hours then trying 10mg OC

PS thanks to those who were properly responding not bat baaat shit crazy

Well I have never had precipitated w/d and I've done dilaudid numerous times intravenously. Maybe I am a freak of nature. However, my bro has had same results.

i have had precipitated withdrawal so many times. It is terrible.

It really only happens if you have been on subuxone or subutex for more than a year and decide to take a break.

a prime example. I was on subutex for two years. I did heroin for three days. I waited three days till I was in some pretty nasty withdrawal. I IVd 1/4 of an 8mg subutex pill....immediate even worse searing withdrawal that had me running to my xanax to just pass out. I litterally was crying over how hopelessy bad the withdrawal was.

In summery, most doctors don't know anything about what causes precipitated withdrawal, and the two factors I have noticed is duration of bupe use, and the duration of the break from bupe use before going back. Also, the more times that you take breaks from bupe to use full agonist opiates contributes as well.

My advice: If you are on bupe, chances are at some point you wanted to make a change in your opiate/opiod abuse routine. Maybe try following through with that, and seeing where it goes. you have two choices 1. work closely with your doctor and therapist to find your way to no longer needing an opiate to maintain, or 2. Going full bore junky style on life, taping a sack of fake urine to your johnson when you have to see your doctor, and then filling and saving the scripts of bupe to either sell to finance said habit (which down the road will not be enough) or to have on hand when you are out of your DOC. (If you notice, one of these options has the possibility of a happy ending that has a much less chance of jailtime or death.)

So why do they say you can take high doses of oxycodone on subs to beat out the receptor doesn't this lead to pw? My doc literally said if I get surgery she will keep me on subs and give me high dose oc .

Most of the analgesia will still be there, but the "euphoric" part will be diminished...get your bupe' dose
down to 2mg or less

In fact, correct me if I'm wrong.... nalaxone may be the only contributing factor when it comes to precipitated withdrawals. I certainly don't get them with Subutex.

Naloxone is only really active in 2-4mg doses, while bupe is more potent and has a stronger affinity for your opioid receptors than typical painkillers. It is common for individuals to experience precipitated withdrawals with as little as 1-2mg of Suboxone.

Buprenorphrine is the cause of precipitated withdrawals. When the bupe hits the brain, it knocks out your favorite opioids from the receptors to make room for itself, and in turn you feel shockingly horrific.

OP won't get PWD because the bupe will block the oxy from hitting the receptors to begin with aka nothing will happen

Unless you take less than 2mg of suboxone a day but it sounds like he takes it as prescribed which would mean 8mg a day probably

Don't do it it's a waste of your oxy. You can get past the receptors eventually but that can lead to an overdose because your taking more to feel it while there is a wall on your opioid receptors. And plus 30mg is nothing you won't feel a thing if you've got subs in your system. And subs have legs they're half life is 72 hours

Another note: precipitated withdrawal only occurs when you have the opiates latched onto your receptors. Think of it like this. Your opioid receptor has opaites latched on to them (which makes you high) if you take bupemorphine and naloxone what that does is rip off all of those latched opaites off of your receptors causing you to shoot into an extremely painful withdrawal