• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

oxycodone: large dose in small increments ok?

deltajessie

Bluelighter
First off let me say I used the search engine and couldn't find this so if it was previously asked, apologies.

Basically I was just curious if there's any harm in taking say, 60-100 mg oxycodone (if so be your tolerance) in one dose via 5 mg tablets would have any negative effects that would not be present if you took say, (2) 30 mg tablets. Are binders dangerous in high amounts? Dependence possible? Constipation increase?

Not talking about iv.. obviously more binder=more complications.

Also I am talking about the IR tablets containing no acetaminophen.
Thanks!

I am going to say no. The reason I am saying no is because in todays day and age enough money and time is dedicated to making sure that the inert ingredients in these medications are fine in high amounts because of the risk if they were poisonous in any way. We have so little personal responsibility that if these inert ingredients were in any way dangerous a large lawsuit would occur.

Besides the definition of inert: chemically inactive. (if taken in the intended way) Just watch those active ingredients :)

So...... Crushing up 20 5's and snorting them all at once is theoretically as safe as an 80 and a 20? Your nose would obviously get way more powder making less be absorbed, but there's gotta be some sort of toxicity in those dang binders! If anyone has any more info it would be appreciated. If not, T. Calderone this would be your queue to close this. ??

I reckon your over thinking this! Of course it's OK! I regularly take 400mg codeine in 30mg increments. No issues at all.

Your liver is gonna take a beating if you continue to take handfullls of pills. I like snorting. But I'm a drug addict and if you are too that's okay just make sure you know your tolerance and to stay around it. Overdose rarely occurs via taking pills orally but that's not
My concern. When you run out of your script you may go looking for more potent opiate pills if so do your research and ask questions on forums like these before you go ahead and make your life a living hell.

Not a doctor. Just a druggie