• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Searching for information on 3-letter drugs?

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Hi everyone,

As some of you may be aware, the VBulletin search engine won't run searches for keywords that are less than 4-letters long. This complicates matters for us, because quite often we need to seek out information on drugs with less-than-four-letter names.

The solution is to use a wildcard '*' in your search term, this will then search for words containing the rest of your keyword. ie. Searching for "PMA" will give an error, but searching for "PMA* will be successful. Also "GHB*", "DXM*" and other terms work fine. Note: searching for "K*" will bring up every post containing a word starting with K... using "ketamine" is a better search keyword.

Hope that helps you all.

BigTrancer :)

Also try and use the correct terms in your posts, ie say "ketamine" when you mean ketamine, not "special k" etc. This means people can actually find your posts afterwards.

This doesn't seem to work very well, eg searching GHB is basically impossible. Any other ideas?

rolls said:
This doesn't seem to work very well, eg searching GHB is basically impossible. Any other ideas?
Yeah...how about you read the last part of the first post. The part about using a * in the search. It works

Slateroz said:
Yeah...how about you read the last part of the first post. The part about using a * in the search. It works

Searching for GHB* in titles finds all of 1 thread, and I know there are other threads.

hi guys, we're aware that this is broken at the moment. admins are looking into it.

i'll remind them about it now. :)

i didn't even know it existed!

can you guys put a little help hint on the search box, i.e. "using * will allow you to search for three-letter combo's".

Then again you could have search function programmed to recognise the most common 3-letter combo's.

Thanks for letting us know, this is probably a SUPPORT issue but that place might not have been around in '03. I'm going to leave this to float around as it never hurts to have a reminder around of this extremely useful search feature. :)