• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I know mixing benzos and opiates can be bad, but when i went to the ER, why...

Ringo88

Bluelighter
Why was the doctor not concerned at all about giving me 10mg hydrocodone, knowing full well that I take 15mg of Valium a day? Granted, it was in an ER setting, but I was having chest pains. Luckily, it was just a panic attack, but the pain was very real. This was given to me AFTER tests had been done on my heart, all coming back fine. It was a panic attack.

The doctor wasn't worried at all, even knowing that I had taken 5mg of Valium just 2 hours prior. Is it only high doses that cause issue? I even have bradychardia, from being a runner I'm guessing. I have a resting heartbeat of around 55bpm. He saw that, and he wasn't worried at all.

Just curious about this. I've heard people say not to mix them at all, even the slightest doses. Yet the doctor wasn't worried in the least giving me 10mg hydrocodone along with the 15mg of Valium that I take.

It's one thing to combine them under the direction of a medical doctor in a hospital setting, it's quite another to be combining them under a recreational premise at supratherapeutic doses.

Very true, and I figured as much. Don't really understand why I even made this topic, maybe to convince myself that taking 5mg of Hydrocodone with my Valium would be ok? Stupid topic, my bad.