• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Help, vein problems

Tweakergeeker420

Greenlighter
Okay so, my friends monkey has been injecting meth for 6 months now, monkey usually goes in the same four veins (on the side of the arm in the crook and the crook of both arms) monkey knows that isn't smart but that's just how it happened. Monkey never had any problems with hitting them at all. Monkey took a break from injecting for about 3 weeks then decided to do a blast off, monkey had very little problems at first, Well it has become slightly painful to use those so monkey doesn't like to as much anymore... monkey can see and feel other veins in the arms and hand but can't hit them, stabs and stabs feels like it goes through the vein but no register. Yes, monkey is hydrated and has slept and ate a decent amount, and moves arms to get blood flowing. Now monkey is frustrated and tries goin in the usual ones (monkey likes the side ones best) well once more feels like it goes through and no register, pulls out and there is blood in the tip. Monkey is pretty sure it isn't going straight through the vein and now has bruises all up monkeys arms and still hasn't got the hit. Help!. my friends monkey really needs some good advise on what to do besides find a different ROA because monkey is pretty much already to the point of doing that, monkey just wants to feel that rush one last time. Thanks.

lol thats one intelligent monkey to be capable of iving amphetamines.

anyways have you looked at your feet tops?

If a money can dance, grind an organ and smoke cigarettes than what's stopping it from IV'ing speed ;)

It sounds like maybe you've run through the vein(s), if I had to guess. I've never shot any form of amphetamine so I don't know how much burn/sting is to be expected.

I second the idea of looking at the tops of your feet, then maybe hands if you can't make that work. My first advice would be to take a break from IV and allow your veins a little time to heal. The veins in your hands and feet will fail a lot quicker than your "main" veins in my experience. If you destroy those as well, you'll be SOL.

You don't want to be back on the forum a month from now researching femoral/jugular IV technique.

I always recommend trying rectal administration when IV isn't possible or practical. This, I have done with amphetamines and prefer it over any other route.

Monkeys been told its not supposed to burn unless you're missing but he's learned that if its thick it will. And yes, he's plugged (rectal ROA) a few times it causes problems with constipation and bad lower stomach cramps for him. But if he's only used those four veins the whole time he's been injecting why won't any other veins register. He tried to hit his hand tonight and well same thing as everywhere else, almost positive it's in but no register. He gave up and swallowed it tonight, but still wants that rush only IV gives ya. Thank you so much for the replies!

Monkey has always been told feet is a no no that infection is much more likely, plus in his job he has to wear real shoes and is afraid it the soreness would hinder him. He always tries to be very clean with the whole process. Alcohol swab everything and bottled water only.

One other thing to consider is that your syringe is malfunctioning, I'm gonna guess you've already tried a different needle though.

Okay so, my friends monkey has been injecting meth for 6 months now..
Monkeys been told its not supposed to burn unless you're missing but he's learned that if its thick it will..
Monkey has always been told feet is a no no..

Enough with "the monkey" we and ANYONE else who is reading this thread as either a guest or member know this hypothetical monkey does not exist and is you.
It is another form of SWIM which is not allowed and against BLUA.
If you want to ask anonymously than ask in the anonymous sub forum as a guest and the moderator will move it here if you add a little note at the end "plz move to OD"

I was going to say something from the first post from you the OP, but i deleted mine because I don't want to be mean.
Please take a look at the BLUA and any other rules for Bluelight and then edit your posts.
I said please and asked, so im not trying to be mean or an assface talking shit.
Just trying to help you out if you plan to stay here like I did.
Learned a lot in the short time I've been here. I feel as if the site is no effort to me anymore and the anxiety i had from posting at first has since gone away 100%.

BTW, bring the monkey that is apeshit bananas over meth straight to rehab.
Thanks.

Yes, used many different ones. And thanks I was under the impression that you couldn't say " I " as it would be incriminating yourself, thanks.

That was painful to read. Welcome to bluelight tweakergeeker420. We all know it's you, so please just write it as so. It was painful to read your post.. Seems like your vasculararity(spelling) is shot from shooting meth which is a strong vascoconsitricter(spelling). Give it a rest and try again awhile later if you must. Be safe, be well.

I just don't understand how all my other veins (veins that have ever been hit) won't register or anything. I know my most used ones are constricted and not very capable of being used, I just thought the veins you didn't use would still be all good.

They are still good, just not while you're already high on stimulants, especially methamphetamine.. It shrinks the veins very much so temporarily. Vascular-constriction.

Yes it usually is hard to hit when I'm high, thing is I haven't been cause I haven't been able to hit =\ tried all day the day before yesterday, gave up. Took a Xanax and went to sleep, got up ate a big meal and took a nap of a few hours, an then I got up and began to try again. I got one at some point to register but I'm pretty sure I moved cause it started burning and I freaked out and stopped, couldn't get another one.

Okay, now I have like a hard knot on the side of the crook of my arm, bad muscle pain, bruising, and numbness on an off in my arm. I never got any of the shot, I did poke in the same area a few times I know not good, but what will help this swelling and pain subside?

I've never injected myself. But honestly, even if you got it in when you first tried, it would all be over now...you would have felt that rush one more "last time".
Could it be that God stopped the needle from going into the vain? One more last time? Who are you kidding?
You're stabbing yourself obsessively...get help. Your behavior is desperately unwell.
Before God changes his mind and leaves you to your own devices.

There are tons of arm veins. And yes there is vasoconstriction but even in the midst of a coke binge I could find veins. When they constrict you have to use a flatter angle, sometimes instead of the usual 45 degree I used to lay it down to like a 15 degree angle. What type of syringes are you using? The 1/2 " ones one good for deep veins but if you want to use other forearm veins and such you may want the 3/8" short tips. Some veins roll, you need tension to pop the needle in. I knew people who would want the vein sticking up and big rather than tight and they had issues due to vein wasn't tight enough so it moved

Always draw back slightly as soon as you penetrate skin. This create a vacuum and allows blood to enter as soon as you are in a vein.

Have you tried the top of the arm around where the crook is but on the top when your arm is straight out? Have you bent hour elbow in half with inner forearm toward yourself and looked for the pipeline that runs down the outside of forearm?
There is a great one that runs between thumb and forefinger but you should use a short tip for those hand veins.

Dangle your hand to floor for a bit. Then tie off and find a vein with good tension that springs back when you push on it. Then do what I said with a vacuum..

Patience is key. I've never hit groin or neck. But I've hit many creative spots--even legs and fingers. Trust me when I tell you there are many many arm veins to use

At age 57, I should know better I know, but decided in the last two days I 'deserved a treat', and injected myself IV eith some very nice, pure methamphetamine, the first time in my life I have ever injected mysellf with anything, save water 'for practice'. Why I chose to do this extremely reckless and absolutely forbidden ( by all convention and sensible advice) is a mystery to me really - let's just say it was a combination of curiousity, the above 'treat', and my natural rebellious bloody minded desire to be bad.
Whatever, the needle slid in, hit vein (back of hand) no problem, squirt, squirt... bugger all! Tried again, bigger dose... slight buzz... and again, took a while, but good amphetamine FX at last. V disappointing, wondered what I'm doing wrong? However, was v careful, and no damage, scars at all apparent, only a slight itchy feeling, where I think I might have gone right through the vein (no2 attempt) for a moment. Used my inside elbow (traditional) for the next one, piece of cake.
I realise I should not be joking about this, never mind doing it, but felt some strange desire to 'fess up'. I would most certainly never, ever encourage anyone, whatever their age, to follow my shameful, stupid example - I will only excuse myself by saying, in all honesty, that I genuinely care not whether I live or die, and have attempted suicide several times. So please don't do it - I was lucky...