• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids If I took Tramadol early in the day, should I no drink alcohol in the evening?

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
SWIM took 50mg Tramadol this morning at 10:30am. SWIM has a date at a fancy restaraunt at 6:30pm and wouldn't be opposed to drinking some nice champagne while there. SWIM only wants to have 1 or 2 glasses, but heard Tramadol has a long half life, so it would probably still be in the system. Would this be too hard on SWIM's liver?

Another thing to consider is that yesterday SWIM had 50mg Tramadol, 2 grams Kratom, and an unknown amount of Morphine/Codeine/Whatever from Poppy Seed Tea. The Tramadol and Kratom didn't do much, but after the PST, SWIM felt very dizzy, tired and weird, and not at all euphoric. SWIM was very paranoid that she overdosed and woke up several times in the night from nightmares about dying. SWIM feels fine today but thinks her poor body needs a rest... but also she really wants to drink on this date cause it helps anxiety and such. If the risk is high, SWIM will resist. What is your opinion on this?

Don't bother using "swim". I don't see why a glass of champagne or two would do any harm. Tramadol and alcohol together is no worse for the liver than tramadol alone or alcohol alone. High doses of tramadol with alcohol are a different story. Long-term use of tramadol with alcohol can cause seizures.

Unless you're using the tramadol/APAP formulation, you'd be perfectly fine, in moderation, to drink alcohol later in the day after taking such a small dose of tramadol.

Thanks Sleepdust, I'm pretty sure you're like the only person who ever answers my posts haha

Well, one always used to mix high doses of one's Tramadol/Tapentadol with one's Champagne at many a fancy restaurant.

It was really important for you to tell us that it would be during a date with Champagne and at specifically at a fancy restaurant - one wouldn't dream of doing this with a different alcoholic beverage at a restaurant held to a lower standard.