• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tried Kratom but it didn't work, did I do something wrong or is it just not for me?

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
Bought some Kratom from a smoke shop, they were Maeng Da capsules, .65 grams each. I took 3 as advised by the smoke shop guy, and within a half hour I felt nothing but nausea and irritation. 8( Another day I took 2 instead and I felt a bit stimulated after that, but it wasn't abnormal enough for me to be sure the kratom caused it.:sus:

I heard a Kratom high with the right strand can be somewhat comparable to Oxycodone, which I knew is of course too good to be true, but I'm still desperate enough to have hope. Has anyone had a Kratom high you could compare to Oxycodone? If so, what was the strand, how much did you take, and what was the method of ingestion?

If you had experiences where you got high but it was nothing like Oxy, I'd like to hear about that too. What is it like? Basically, I'm a Kratom newb and I need to get as much information as possible so I can figure out if it's worth trying again. It might be good that it hasn't been working for me, considering how pricey it is. Anyways, any information anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated! :)

Different strands of kratom can provide different effects. Also, the capsules sold in head shops are usually over-processed by the time they hit the shelves, and might be "floor shavings" or who knows what. You're lucky to be able to buy them, I live in the ONLY STATE in the US where kratom is banned (Indiana).

Kratom isn't comparable to anything except low doses of oxycodone.

It generally works best as a raw powdered herb rather than premade capsules. Anything you buy from a smoke shop is going to be of questionable quality.

if i lived where it was legal i would do my research and order from a reputable vendor online

Your taking rediculously low doses, the standard dose for those with no tolerance is anywhere from 3-5 grams. I'd be willing to bet those capsule actually contain .5gs of kratom, and that the other .15g is the weight of a 00 capsule... this seems to be the standard for kratom capsules.

As stated previously, never purchase from headshops. The majority of branded/headshop products are expensive and weak. Online is where the good stuff is at, prefferably from a vendor that specializes in kratom and kratom products. Ethnobotanical sites are usually good as well. Aside from that you just may not like kratom, it's very finicky and many either love it or hate it.