• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What is the appeal of heroin?

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
Hi there, I've never done heroin but I am on a slippery slope right now with opiates. I love love love oxycodone but can't get my hands on any so now I'm experimenting with poppy seed tea. It's probably a good thing that the tea hasn't really been working.... at all... but that's a different story. Anyways the thing I love about oxy is that I get very energetic, enthusiastic and motivated. I feel like the world is in the palm of my hand. From what I've heard heroin isn't at all like that. You "nod out" and feel ecstatic doing absolutely nothing during the whole high. It sounds like it makes you very dissociated from the rest of the world. I understand that the chemical reaction in your brain is what makes you feel really really really good so it doesn't really matter what you do, but still, what is so great about sitting there doing nothing, just living in your brain? I just can't see myself enjoying that because once it was over I would realize that I didn't actually do anything and I think it would lose its appeal. Could someone just explain what it's like to be on heroin and what's so great about nodding out? I'm just curious. Thanks!

Heroins just like oxy except way cheaper, way more available, and easily injectable. You can take a lower dose and not nod if you arent a fan of nodding. You can nod on oxys. Noding is wonderful because I have wonderful waking dreams and escape from reality.

You can nod out on oxycodone just as easily as you can on heroin. The route of administration is the key difference in this case. The majority of oxycodone is taken orally, and the majority of heroin is IVed, resulting in a quick rush and near-instant pleasure. Don't get me wrong, heroin can be motivating and stimulating in low doses and especially if smoked.

The dose is the contributing factor as well as the ROA. I get pleasure from both, and if I IVed oxycodone, it would feel similar to IV heroin, but maybe a little less strong. Imagine being hit by a wall of warm euphoria - you'd probably sit down and take it all in, whereas oral administration comes on a bit slower, allowing you to "come into" the euphoria actively. My thoughts, anyway.

Oxy iv is a waste and produces no "rush" even when sick. Since heroin is so cut though imo it's hard to get a rush unless using amounts if pure would kill 100 times over.

With dilly it's like from injection point through the body the rush hurts so good and leaves you feeling relaxed at ease.

I have to say I am in the same "boat" as OP. I have love oxy and cannot get anymore. I want to try heroin......very badly. I am just in no circle in which to get, which is probably a blessing in disguise. Don't worry ,mods, I am not asking for sources. I am just feeling a sharing feel with the OP.

I have to say I am in the same "boat" as OP. I have love oxy and cannot get anymore. I want to try heroin......very badly. I am just in no circle in which to get, which is probably a blessing in disguise. Don't worry ,mods, I am not asking for sources. I am just feeling a sharing feel with the OP.

I went from oxy to dilaudid/heroin and it fucked my life.

I'd say if your burning threw all the OC you can you'll be doing the same with whatever you get.

Heroin is easily available to most and the purity is never know Which leaves most heavily addicted and risking od all the time.

Any love for opiates will eventually be a love/hate thing because theyll end up running the show while you hang on to whatever it is you still get from it.

To the op: opiates are opiates, heroin is fairly cheap compared to pills and Availible all around the world.

You're implying that in every single case you know what is going to happen... not even theoretical physicists and their quantum mechanics are that certain about things. I've never experienced any sort of love/hate or diminishing returns, sorry... that only happened when I smoked the fuck out of weed. The vast majority of chronic pain patients do not abuse their pain meds. There could be a huge difference between someone using for back pain getting the side effect of some pleasure and another purely pleasure seeking individual.

Heroin can have all the energy, motivation and enthusiasm too. Oxycodone is usually more stimulating, depending on factors like dosage and purity but if you have chronic back pain it can be nice to have two different opioids in your arsenal - just like how if you have panic disorder it can be nice to switch between benzos to keep your tolerance down... if that is your thing.

Heroin gives me the most "on top of the world" feeling and it usually doesn't take much, like the tiniest little smidgen of a bump, it's easy to get over-sedated doing more and I personally don't find over-sedation that much fun. I also can't really re-dose heroin that much without losing the positive effects, while oxycodone works better as a habitual drug for my pain.

My regime for the past years has typically been a bump of H to wake me up, a handful of percocets throughout the day, and then a bump or two of H to chill at the end of the day.

I guess the appeal is that you might not always want to be hyper-wired energized and euphoric like with oxy... sometimes it's nice to relax and have a similar feeling but just... chill. Also, if I'm really in agony and I have a full stomach after eating then my pills won't kick in fast enough... that's when a nice bump is appropriate.

Now the real question is, what is it are those solemn-faced weed smoking burnouts so interested in as they stare at television screens while drooling over potato chips, unable to string a sentence together due to social anxiety, sucking away at disgustingly filthy bongs causing the bad breath of the dead? (obviously not every pothead is like that but I've seen enough of the negative effects to be curious why anyone would want to get fried like that every single time I hang out with them... that type of weed smoker is boring as fuck, literally some of the worst druggies out there in my opinion come from marijuana ).

Last edited:
Heroin? I don't know, I never particularly got "euphoria" from it...when I think euphoria I mostly think stimulants (note: I've never shot up). It's more like an extremely contented, relaxed, lethargic feeling, where even if your life is going to hell you can lay back and say "yeaaaaah this isn't so bad".

I never really got much out of smoking tar...I got high, but it just wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I got quite high recently though, from heating dope in a spoon and stirring til it was completely dissolved, then pouring it into my nose & holding my head back to keep it in. It's my new go to method. :)

That's not how I would describe it at all. Lethargic? An escape from a shitty life? Perhaps in excessive doses, or for some people who are burnouts. For myself it has extremely powerful medicinal properties that allow me to function at my most optimal performance. It is the strongest nootropic I have found, along with oxycodone. It allows me to escape from extreme back pain, like any other opiate, which is great since otherwise I wouldn't be alive and it enables me to work, think straight and get mild exercise.

It causes me to be more creative with my music too, and learning pretty much anything more quickly whether it be science, math, engineering, language - like how it must be for others and speed, which just gives me a panic attack. People are just wired differently.

Not that I'm an advocate, but after years of use I am pretty sure it's not a problem for me. I certainly don't regret trying it. I don't like getting "fucked up" off drugs, I won't so much as have a sip of alcohol. I like to feel energetic, sociable ,happy, chill, cosmically connected... just my regular, good old self free from pain and anxiety and depression and that is what this does for me.

Nodding? I can't really speak for that. I've experienced it a handful of times when I took a little too much over the day... I thought it was lame because I couldn't function properly and my brain was really slow. I like to be motivated, sociable, ready to work.

Well I just like to lay around while I'm high on opiates...this pretty much what I mean by lethargic. With other drugs (like psychedelics, crank, even weed sometimes) it's difficult for me to relax & I get restless. I have neuropathic & other pain as the result of auto-immune conditions and strong painkillers like H help with that although they don't really give me energy.

If you suffer from constant debilitating pain I think the effects of heroin would be quite different for you than it would be for most users, really.

Oxy's are way more expensive than Heroin is. I started on Oxycodone (as most users do -- pills), and very quickly progressed to Heroin. The stuff we get over here in New Jersey if very high-quality, it's called China-White. I feel as if though using Oxy's was a much better 'stuck' (like just mind shut off, and nods) when I first started, but Heroin is soooo much cheaper. One bag (worth around 10) will have you completely tossed. You can get bundles for 70-100 bucks which is 10-12 bags. 3 Oxy 30's will usually be around 75-90 bucks. The difference is huge. On top of that Heroin is more easily injected, produces this amazing rush, and then a real nice mellow high. You will notice a difference if/when you switch, but man... The life you live will not be a good one. I'm not lecturing, and I'm sure you know, but for the first couple of months it will be fun. Smoking/Snorting/Shooting will get you real fucked up, and it'll be nice. Eventually your tolerance goes up, or you run out of cash. Even if you're physically addicted yet, you'll get severe anxiety when sitting around doing nothing. You'll scrape up change from all over the place just to grab a single bag. Your whole day is ruined unless you get the bag. Nothing else matters. Heroin is probably the most 'evil' part of life you can live, and you can't control it no matter what you say. You CANNOT do Heroin like a Gentleman. I wish you the best of luck though. The first time you get onto dope it's like nothing you've ever experienced -- and shooting it?? Fugedddaboutittt.

Oxy's are pricey, sure, but I'd prefer to pay for the comfort it gives of knowing one can measure it by the mg. One bad batch of heroin and you're down. Can't see it coming, can't swat it or hit it. It has you. Though I understand why people who are in the thralls of addiction choose it, if you're a responsible risk-taker and you try to keep it to a once-and-a-while thing, find pharms.

I didn't care much for oxy, seems I had a reaction some get in that it would make my heart race to the point of feeling I was having a heart attack, and induce panic. Other opiates and heroin would make me black out everything but ultimate comfort. People problems and any discomfort would be obliterated. Unfortunately we are living human beings and such things do not come with an equal and powerful reaction.

I would look into detoxing perhaps I am jaded but much like true love, opiates are nothing but temporary, and the fall out is worse than the effect they have. Being the 3% that recover is a life of being unsatisfied with the best of circumstances.

Maybe the appeal is abusing yourself? H is like cutting sort of...you can forget your problems while you focus on getting the drug, fixing it up, then feeling good, then feeling horrible :)

I was raised around Heroin, family members were addicts, lost many friends to the drug from OD's....it's probably why I've never had the urge to dabble with it much.

Have I tried it, yes. Did I like it, no.

Heroin scares be because it's a street drug that's cut with anything. My 1st experience with heroin proved that a fact, as I didn't get that warm, euphoric feeling, I got 2 days of zero sleep, crazy heart palps, etc. So it must have been cut with amph, or something.

Before you try it, read up on the "mega heroin" thread. It's not the glamorous drug it's made out to be.

Ditto what CfZRx wrote above: H insinuates itself into one's life in a complicated, subtle way. Like any kind of self harm, H became--for me--like a small ritual, something that nobody but me could fully understand. The addiction crept up not as increased cravings, but as an increasing difficulty keeping thoughts of the ritual out of my head throughout the day. I dunno if any of that makes sense. But it's not fun.

Its better off you don't try it if u arent sure about it, but to answer ure question, you do get energy from heroin if you don't over do it like with any other drug. I live in NJ where the dope here u can snort or IV. My ROA was IV which would fill me with energy and make me feel fearless. I consider myself a shy person but on dope I would even talk to strangers on the street. It mostly would annoy me how ppl would nod out especially in public places where they could get caught or around my family or friends. Granted when I first started doing H I was nodding likely cuz i was doing wayy too much dating a relapsed Heroin addict I was using everyday n doin more than a first timer should. But it is pretty much the same way you explain oxy. U are gona do what u want but its best not to get into IV if you havent done it yet. The rush u get from iv opiates is what i think is the most addictive part of it IMO. And b careful cuz unlike pills u never kno what dose u are gettin when it comes to H.

Oxy iv is a waste and produces no "rush" even when sick.

Well, that is categorically untrue. It may be tolerance-dependent, but back in the early days of my use, before I had regular access to dope, I shot a lot of oxy. The first time I did it (30mg IR) I got a rush that completely floored me; I'd never come close to it with dope before. As time went on and my tolerance increased, obviously 30mg wasn't gonna do shit for me, but with a couple 80s (original OCs) I regularly got good rushes. By the time my addiction got really bad, I no longer had any access to oxycodone in any form, it was always just H, so I don't know if it would have produced a rush at that point or not. But for a year or two, IV oxy was my DOC because it was dependably stronger and with a better rush than the shit dope I was getting at the time.

You're implying that in every single case you know what is going to happen... not even theoretical physicists and their quantum mechanics are that certain about things. I've never experienced any sort of love/hate or diminishing returns, sorry... that only happened when I smoked the fuck out of weed. The vast majority of chronic pain patients do not abuse their pain meds. There could be a huge difference between someone using for back pain getting the side effect of some pleasure and another purely pleasure seeking individual.

Heroin can have all the energy, motivation and enthusiasm too. Oxycodone is usually more stimulating, depending on factors like dosage and purity but if you have chronic back pain it can be nice to have two different opioids in your arsenal - just like how if you have panic disorder it can be nice to switch between benzos to keep your tolerance down... if that is your thing.

Heroin gives me the most "on top of the world" feeling and it usually doesn't take much, like the tiniest little smidgen of a bump, it's easy to get over-sedated doing more and I personally don't find over-sedation that much fun. I also can't really re-dose heroin that much without losing the positive effects, while oxycodone works better as a habitual drug for my pain.

My regime for the past years has typically been a bump of H to wake me up, a handful of percocets throughout the day, and then a bump or two of H to chill at the end of the day.

I guess the appeal is that you might not always want to be hyper-wired energized and euphoric like with oxy... sometimes it's nice to relax and have a similar feeling but just... chill. Also, if I'm really in agony and I have a full stomach after eating then my pills won't kick in fast enough... that's when a nice bump is appropriate.

Now the real question is, what is it are those solemn-faced weed smoking burnouts so interested in as they stare at television screens while drooling over potato chips, unable to string a sentence together due to social anxiety, sucking away at disgustingly filthy bongs causing the bad breath of the dead? (obviously not every pothead is like that but I've seen enough of the negative effects to be curious why anyone would want to get fried like that every single time I hang out with them... that type of weed smoker is boring as fuck, literally some of the worst druggies out there in my opinion come from marijuana ).

No offense, but you're a fucking idiot judging by your last paragraph.