• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Injecting Meclonazepam or other route to quick uptake

nickfurry

Greenlighter
Edit: I was wrong, the solubility is only 0,015 mg / ml, which is very insoluble. It is thus probably very dangerous to inject meclonazepam intravenously.

This benzo has recently appeared in pure form in "research chemical" online stores, even though it is an established medical drug. The solubility is listed as quite a bit higher than most benzos, at 15mg/ml. Though that is from what I understand a predicted value based on computer modelling. Anyway, does this mean it would be safe to inject a small amount of Meclo IV? Lets say 3mg in 2ml of water. The purpose to simply have it around as a very quick way of stopping a bad trip if things go south. Using a syringe micro filter of course.

Last edited:
No, why? I have never used benzos and have no plans on using them recreationally. I just want to use them to have the option of bailing out of bad trips.

I don't think you'd be able to dissolve it in water at appreciable levels. You're welcome to try but there are few BZDs that have usable solubility in water. If I had to bet I would say, I don't see a close relative of clonazepam being very soluble.

Benzos are crazy fat soluble anyway and have rapid oral or sublingual absorbtion, there's no need to administer them IV for anxiolytic effects. In fact, doing so is probably counterproductive as rapid administration of BZDs will increase the likelihood of side effects like ending up blacked out or having benzo hallucinations.

If you're going to do anything, just dilute it in water (or the usual propylene glycol) and then dose it sublingually. Save your veins and musculature for better drugs.

Edit: I misread the data. The solubility is 15mg / Liter, which is more like other benzos. So injecting is a no-no.

Anyway, could you use a cyclodextrin such as HPbCD to make it sublingually absorbable? And would that speed up the onset?

Last edited:
Anyway, could you use a cyclodextrin such as HPbCD to make it sublingually absorbable? And would that speed up the onset?

I would bet you money it's already sublingually absorbable. Clonazepam is and it doesn't need any dextrins. You could still try it anyway but I don't think there's anything to gain.